NRA General Counsel Robert Dowlut Convicted of Murder

I don't ignore it. I just don't think it's relevant to the times we live in now.

Case in point. When was the last time you heard anyone whine that their 3rd Amendment rights were being violated? Oh, that's right, that doesn't happen anymore. It's not relevant in 2014.

In a day when a crazy person can get a military-grade gun and mow down a classroom full of preschoolers, you really have to make the laws based on the times we live in.

I don't ignore it. I just don't think it's relevant to the times we live in now.

Case in point. When was the last time you heard anyone whine that their 3rd Amendment rights were being violated? Oh, that's right, that doesn't happen anymore. It's not relevant in 2014.

In a day when a crazy person can get a military-grade gun and mow down a classroom full of preschoolers, you really have to make the laws based on the times we live in.

Wow, it would be really bad if some crazy person got a military-grade gun and mowed down a classroom full of preschoolers.
Good thing that never happened, huh?

It's happened a few times..

Oh, but let's pretend the AR-15 isn't "military grade". That'll work.

The M16 is a fully automatic rifle. Any semi automatic version is certainly not "military grade". Unless you are referring to the shape of the gun.

I thought you were an expert on firearms?

Most of the time in the military, you don't fire your M16 on full auto. It wastes bullets.

The military grade comes from the power of the bullets, range, firing performance, etc.

That weapon was designed for the military- hence, military grade. And there's no reason a civilian should have one, and ceratianly no reason a crazy person should have one.

But, hey, Nancy weren't no Prepper! Elvis didn't do no drugs!

Most of the time in the military, you don't fire your M16 on full auto. It wastes bullets.

The military grade comes from the power of the bullets, range, firing performance, etc.

That weapon was designed for the military- hence, military grade. And there's no reason a civilian should have one, and ceratianly no reason a crazy person should have one.

But, hey, Nancy weren't no Prepper! Elvis didn't do no drugs!

The AR-15 (civilian grade M16) is not a military grade rifle. Also, before you wax philosophic about the capabilities of the gun, like the range, bullets, performance ect ect, remember that it is not a particularly great performer. The round is small (originally a varmint round). The effective range is 500 yards, not especially impressive if you spend any time shooting modern hunting rifles.

No, Nancy wasn;'t a prepper. She wasn't prepared for much besides going to the range. That you keep insisting that anyone with fewer than 200 rounds per gun is stockpiling ammo shows your ignorance on the topic.

Oh, and constitutional rights are not about need. Otherwise, would you need to have the freedom to say that?

The M16 and it's variants are excellent for what they are designed to do.

the 5.56mm round is designed so that a lot of them can be carried on long range patrols as opposed to the 7.62mm which is a lot heavier.

Sorry, your pinup girl was a Prepper. Her own family said so. Now, maybe you think everyone needs enough guns, swords and ammo to fight off the Zombie Hoard, but out here in sane land, not so much.

So you have ever right to join a "Well-Regulated Militia." Heck, I was part of one for years.

9312196-large.jpg

the 5.56mm round is designed so that a lot of them can be carried on long range patrols as opposed to the 7.62mm which is a lot heavier.

Sorry, your pinup girl was a Prepper. Her own family said so. Now, maybe you think everyone needs enough guns, swords and ammo to fight off the Zombie Hoard, but out here in sane land, not so much.

So you have ever right to join a "Well-Regulated Militia." Heck, I was part of one for years.

9312196-large.jpg

I am prepared to join a well regulated militia should the need arise. And THAT is what the 2nd amendment was written for. So that the people could defend themselves against attack and tyranny. And if you are still claiming that the Bill Of Rights was to guarantee right to the gov't, you are delusional or ignorant of history.

I asked for a link concerning the family saying she was a prepper, but you never provided it.

Have you ever been to a gun range? If so, how many rounds did you fire?

Last edited:

9312196-large.jpg

"Now, maybe you think everyone needs enough guns, swords and ammo to fight off the Zombie Hoard, but out here in sane land, not so much."

I love that you keep bring the sword into it. I am sure you think it makes it much more dramatic, and therefore better. But sparing the drama would help your argument be more rational. The sword is not an issue, nor is the ammo.

I love that you keep bring the sword into it. I am sure you think it makes it much more dramatic, and therefore better. But sparing the drama would help your argument be more rational. The sword is not an issue, nor is the ammo.

I think the funniest thing about this is that these same people have an extreme distrust of the police, yet they seem to want ONLY the police to have weapons, so apparently, according to their own words, they want to leave the citizens of this country at the mercy of the "evil, racist, overbearing" police. Lol! They're so stupid!

9312196-large.jpg

I am prepared to join a well regulated militia should the need arise. And THAT is what the 2nd amendment was written for. So that the people could defend themselves against attack and tyranny. And if you are still claiming that the Bill Of Rights was to guarantee right to the gov't, you are delusional or ignorant of history.

I asked for a link concerning the family saying she was a prepper, but you never provided it.

1) Sorry, I don't buy that interpretation. IN any event, modern warfare has rendered it obsolete. A "BYOG" war is never going to happen in the modern age.

2) I've provided that link earlier in the thread. Not my problem if you missed it or are too fuckin' lazy to look it up.

3) Never brought 1600 rounds to a gun range. further, never brought more than I needed for that training exercise.

T
"Now, maybe you think everyone needs enough guns, swords and ammo to fight off the Zombie Hoard, but out here in sane land, not so much."

Actually, I think there were five swords recovered, but I"m not going to back and look it up.

Because I'm done trying to reason with gun nuts.

Yes, if you have that much ammo and weapons, you are probably a nut. And she was. And her kid was a bigger nut, no surprise.

I think the funniest thing about this is that these same people have an extreme distrust of the police, yet they seem to want ONLY the police to have weapons, so apparently, according to their own words, they want to leave the citizens of this country at the mercy of the "evil, racist, overbearing" police. Lol! They're so stupid!

Quite the contrary. I don't think you gun nuts having guns is going to keep the cops honest. Quite the reverse. The reason our police are so well armed and so trigger happy is that the NRA has made it too easy for crooks and nuts to get guns.

Compare how an American cop is armed compared to a Japanese cop. then find out how often American cops have to draw their weapons compared to Japanese Cops.

9312196-large.jpg

1) Sorry, I don't buy that interpretation. IN any event, modern warfare has rendered it obsolete. A "BYOG" war is never going to happen in the modern age.

2) I've provided that link earlier in the thread. Not my problem if you missed it or are too fuckin' lazy to look it up.

3) Never brought 1600 rounds to a gun range. further, never brought more than I needed for that training exercise.

I didn't ask if you brought 1600 rounds to a range. I asked for an estimate of how many rounds you fired at the range. It is not classified info. Just a simple question.

As for the BYOG war, that is what we are fighting in Afganistan. The other side is using what they can find.

T

Actually, I think there were five swords recovered, but I"m not going to back and look it up.

Because I'm done trying to reason with gun nuts.

Yes, if you have that much ammo and weapons, you are probably a nut. And she was. And her kid was a bigger nut, no surprise.

The swords are not an issue. If you want to continue to add them to the descriptions for dramatic effect, go ahead. But we both know that it is for the effect, not for any rational reason.

You haven't reasoned yet. Why start?

9312196-large.jpg

Any interpretation that includes the Bill of Rights protecting the "rights" of the gov't is simply laughable.

[

The swords are not an issue. If you want to continue to add them to the descriptions for dramatic effect, go ahead. But we both know that it is for the effect, not for any rational reason.

Not Crazy People know exactly what I am talking about.

Gun nuts... well, are gun nuts. There's no reasoning with them. IN their world, David Koresh and Nancy Lanza are responsible gun owners.

[Q

I didn't ask if you brought 1600 rounds to a range. I asked for an estimate of how many rounds you fired at the range. It is not classified info. Just a simple question.

As for the BYOG war, that is what we are fighting in Afganistan. The other side is using what they can find.

Actually, the other side is being funded and supplied by Pakistani Intelligence. Do try to keep up.

I think when I first qualified, I might have fired 120 rounds a day. this is 33 years ago, so I really don't remember. Certainly nowhere near your pin-up girl's Zombie Apocolypse Arsenal.

[Q

Actually, the other side is being funded and supplied by Pakistani Intelligence. Do try to keep up.

I think when I first qualified, I might have fired 120 rounds a day. this is 33 years ago, so I really don't remember. Certainly nowhere near your pin-up girl's Zombie Apocolypse Arsenal.

Other than the .22 ammunition, she didn't have enough ammo to do 120 rounds at the range more than one time with any of the 6 firearms that shot centerfire ammunition. So, despite your claims of hoarding ammo, she could not go for two regular shooting sessions with any one of her guns, except the .22 rifle? Hard to claim that is much ammo.

[

Not Crazy People know exactly what I am talking about.

Gun nuts... well, are gun nuts. There's no reasoning with them. IN their world, David Koresh and Nancy Lanza are responsible gun owners.

I am certainly not crazy. I know that swords are not a weapon that cause much damage in the modern world. Perhaps they were fearsome 500 years ago, but they are not an issue now.

Unless you would like to show where I have been irrational about anything in this thread.

Forum List

Back