NPR, Where They Sneer At The 'Vanilla Side Of Town' And Laugh At 'Kill Whitey' Jokes

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Time to end Tax-Funding of NPR. Their deplorable bias has been funded by American Taxpayers for far too long.

NPR is supposed to be a very, very civil space to talk. But apparently not when NPR stations air the weekend talk show of PBS star Tavis Smiley and his Marxist professor friend, Cornel West. Brian Maloney at the Radio Equalizer was disturbed by West alleging the media and the politicians only care about the "vanilla side of town" and the hosts were "laughing hysterically at a 'kill Whitey' joke." Their guest was 1970s Saturday Night Live star Garrett Morris. Maloney asked, "Can you imagine jokes about killing black people airing on NPR?"

Smiley & West (podcasts here) is distributed by PRI (Public Radio International) across the country and debuted in 2010.

Smiley was laughing at Morris’s banter from the beginning they began with an old SNL skit where Morris sang about how “I’m gonna kill all the whiteys I see.” It was inspired by a (true?) story about a white woman allegedly being pressed into singing her favorite song on an Art Linkletter program and she sang about how “I’m gonna kill all the [n-words] I see.” Smiley laughed at that, at how Linkletter “got burned” by the racist woman. Morris explained:

MORRIS: Bill Duke and I and some other people we did a thing called "Slave Ship" and so when we were improvising with, you know, Imamu [Amiri Baraka] and Gilbert Moses and the NAC and places like that, we did more improvisation that was for real, about problems of addiction and stuff like that. And so we didn’t have a lot of comedy and our improvisational space went from 'Hate whitey' to 'Kill whitey,' which is a very small space.

CORNEL WEST: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

TAVIS SMILEY: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! A very small space, that’s funny!

Read more: NPR, Where They Sneer at the 'Vanilla Side of Town' and Laugh at 'Kill Whitey' Jokes | NewsBusters.org

I think most jokes about killing anyone are not cool. With one exception of course. When I retired from the Navy a few years ago, I rented a house in the area so as to let my son finish high school. I have since bought a house but my landlord at the rental was a witch with a capital B and was a terrible landlord.

I remember an SNL skit from years ago that included a poem or song of some sort that went, "Kill my landlord, kill my landlord." Maybe even Morris did it. During the bad times with this woman before moving out, I kept my sanity by reciting, "Kill my landlord, kill my landlord."

I think most jokes about killing anyone are not cool. With one exception of course. When I retired from the Navy a few years ago, I rented a house in the area so as to let my son finish high school. I have since bought a house but my landlord at the rental was a witch with a capital B and was a terrible landlord.

I remember an SNL skit from years ago that included a poem or song of some sort that went, "Kill my landlord, kill my landlord." Maybe even Morris did it. During the bad times with this woman before moving out, I kept my sanity by reciting, "Kill my landlord, kill my landlord."

That was Eddie Murphy.

Science Friday
All Things Considered
Morning Edition
Fresh Air
Talk of the Nation
Intelligence Sq. Debates See: Past Debates | Intelligence Squared US

For those who don't know much about NPR except for the rights effort to censor what they incorrectly label as a liberal perspective see: NPR: All Programs A-Z

Chose from a program above or others and listen. It won't hurt your brain and you might understand that all things are considered and worth learning about.

You rented from a Bwitch? Beats living with one I guess.

Isn't there already a civil right for blacks to kill white people?

Yeah, they have a right to the death penalty. If it were a white person committing the crime, it would merely be a suggestion. :doubt::eek::cool:

Sorry, forgot the "OJ Exception": Lots of money will get you out of just about anything, regardless of race.*

*- Also known as the "You get as much justice as you can pay for" Rule. :evil:

Forum List

Back