NPR this morning

Mr. Peepers

Aug 11, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
The reporters on NPR took turns reading the entire Declaration of Independence this morning while I was getting ready for work. It was a treat to slow down and listen as I braced for the hustle and flow of another NYC weekday. Just thought I'd share.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I must admit i quit listening to NPR a long time ago because of their blatant and aggressive Left Wing/Democrat bias but this does sound cool. Maybe i'll get back into listening to them. Thanks Mr. Peepers.

I must admit i quit listening to NPR a long time ago because of their blatant and aggressive Left Wing/Democrat bias but this does sound cool.

You are SO wrong, it's funny. Anyone who spouts that definitely doesn't listen to NPR. They report what is going on without any opionion at all. Listen to the news some time... it's probably the most objective news source we have... and they always have warm bodies in the field.

I must admit i quit listening to NPR a long time ago because of their blatant and aggressive Left Wing/Democrat bias but this does sound cool.

You are SO wrong, it's funny. Anyone who spouts that definitely doesn't listen to NPR. They report what is going on without any opionion at all. Listen to the news some time... it's probably the most objective news source we have... and they always have warm bodies in the field.
I've listened to NPR for years, each morning and each evening before Garrison Keelor's five minutes of poetry reading at 7:00.

The slant may be too subtle for one who hears it through a liberal filter.

Here's but one example: During the Bush years anything said or proposed by a Republican, was followed by remarks that were substantially critical of the proposal, almost always preceded by the qualifying word "BUT..... (denoting an ingrained flaw), and usually more time was given to the critique than the proposal.

If what was said or proposed was from a Democrat, there was often no critical follow up at all, instead presented as if no opposition existed, but if there was an opposing view from a Republican it was a single sound-bite, and not from the most qualified speaker from that side.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back