NPR: New Rules Of Engagement Are A Dilemma For U.S. Troops

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic
NPR: New Rules Of Engagement Are A Dilemma For U.S. Troops

NPR
As part of the new American counterinsurgency strategy in Afghanistan, soldiers and Marines must work first to protect the Afghan population. Given the choice between killing the enemy or risking civilian lives, they have been willing to let the enemy go

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
did you expect anything more from this pathetic excuse for a.......(projectile vomits all over plasma TV) Commander in Chief???
14.jpg

Counter-insurgency operations are not the same as counter-terrorism operations are not the same as warfare operations. Short term tactics must give way to long term strategy. Yes it's a problem for the troops, partly because COIN tactics haven't been taught well, if at all, but in order to succeed, the more restrictive ROE are necessary. Every time innocents are killed, that's a victory for the Taliban. Everytime we help the civilians and show more consideration for them than the Taliban, that's a victory for us.

Counter-insurgency operations are not the same as counter-terrorism operations are not the same as warfare operations. Short term tactics must give way to long term strategy. Yes it's a problem for the troops, partly because COIN tactics haven't been taught well, if at all, but in order to succeed, the more restrictive ROE are necessary. Every time innocents are killed, that's a victory for the Taliban. Everytime we help the civilians and show more consideration for them than the Taliban, that's a victory for us.

The loss in Vietnam should have taught us this lesson; that you can't kill mass numbers of civilians.

Then expect them to become your allies in the fight against the enemy.

Last edited:

You are WRONG WRONG WRONG on all of your points. First and foremost you haven't got a clue about what's taught to our soldiers other than what you find on google. Secondly we have been at this for 8 YEARS NOW........YOU'D THINK WE LEARNED A LITTLE THOSE LAST 8 YEARS now wouldn't you.

You are WRONG WRONG WRONG on all of your points. First and foremost you haven't got a clue about what's taught to our soldiers other than what you find on google. Secondly we have been at this for 8 YEARS NOW........YOU'D THINK WE LEARNED A LITTLE THOSE LAST 8 YEARS now wouldn't you.

hahahhahaha You didn't look at my location did you? I assure you I know far more about what I've been taught than you do. Ass.

And yes, we have learned, which is why the ROE have changed.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody look at me .... I'm in Afghanistan too!!!!!!

Nice weasel response when you have been bitch slapped by pinqy

Is that your gay lover's new name...well well what do you know....also note that pinqy, your bitch, ran away when asked "where..." Hmmmm....I wonder why...maybe we have another FAKE VET in our midst!!!!

Last edited:
Every time innocents are killed, that's a victory for the Taliban. Everytime we help the civilians and show more consideration for them than the Taliban, that's a victory for us.

I agree we should help the civilians
however, we never showed this much "compassion" with the Germans

Fire bombing of Dresden

winston_churchill_09.jpg

Umm we were actually in a declared war with Germany for one thing.

Every time innocents are killed, that's a victory for the Taliban. Everytime we help the civilians and show more consideration for them than the Taliban, that's a victory for us.

I agree we should help the civilians
however, we never showed this much "compassion" with the Germans

Fire bombing of Dresden

winston_churchill_09.jpg

Umm we were actually in a declared war with Germany for one thing.

Well then...that makes it OK to slaughter 5 million German and Japanese civilians...doesn't it?

We are not fighting in Afghanistan to win.

We are fighting to create an Afghani force capable of defending their country in 18 months time. Their own leader says this is a 15 year process. It is a tribal region that will not answer to a central government. Throw in needing help from Pakistan and you have a quagmire.

These people are sick of war. Almost two generations know nothing but war.

Is that your gay lover's new name...well well what do you know....also note that pinqy, your bitch, ran away when asked "where..." Hmmmm....I wonder why...maybe we have another FAKE VET in our midst!!!!

Ran away? What the fuck are you talking about? I went to chow. Would you like to know what was on the menu? As a matter of fact, no, I'm not posting from an MWR tent...the closest MWR to me is an actual building, though there are a couple of actual tents here. And was I really supposed to answer a sarcastic remark?

And calling me a fake vet because you looked like an idiot saying I didn't know about Army training? Do you realize how pathetic that makes you look? And I've noticed that you have mentioned your military service that gives you the current idea on how I've been trained. Why is that?

Ran away? What the fuck are you talking about? I went to chow. Would you like to know what was on the menu? As a matter of fact, no, I'm not posting from an MWR tent...the closest MWR to me is an actual building, though there are a couple of actual tents here. And was I really supposed to answer a sarcastic remark?

And calling me a fake vet because you looked like an idiot saying I didn't know about Army training? Do you realize how pathetic that makes you look? And I've noticed that you have mentioned your military service that gives you the current idea on how I've been trained. Why is that?

Only a fake vet posts their location as AFGHANISTAN...like that lends some credibility to your posts or makes you more believable...you're outted.....
and funny how all of a sudden...just a few hours ago..."Afghanistan" all of a sudden just showed up as your location....and what kind of military member has 20 hours a day to sit around posting on a message board..no wonder we are losing the fucking war in A'stan!!! Tell me the first thing you, as a member of the military, must do to access the computer you're using....then I might believe you.

“Through the broad extent of country over which you have marched by your respect for the rights and property of citizens, you have shown that you were soldiers not only to defend but able and willing to defend and protect.” Gen. Thomas (Stonewall) Jackson

While I have not had the chance to see the ROE's for Afghanistan, one need to look at the nature of Afghanistan itself to understand that unlike Iraq, it has a very long history of tribalism and for the most part the young men of that country have a loyality to their tribe far more than they do have for the nation of Afghanistan. So by winning the hearts and minds, of the local tribes who would otherwise be won by the Taliban would in my opinion result in a postive relationship between local tribes and the US Military deployed there. As an example, knowing that for thousands of years Afghanistan has had this tribal loyality, the local Tribal Warlord or Chieftan whatever you wish to call them, is more apt to be loyal to those that treat his tribe bettter and the word Taliban or Afghanistan citizen at least to them has little meaning when it comes to making that decision.

Only a fake vet posts their location as AFGHANISTAN...
What? Where the hell are you getting that from? I'm in Afghanistan, I have no obligation to narrow it down on an open message board. I happen to be on BAF.

like that lends some credibility to your posts or makes you more believable...
It's not supposed to...it's supposed to give my location.

and funny how all of a sudden...just a few hours ago..."Afghanistan" all of a sudden just showed up as your location.
No, it's been Afghanistan for a while now...before that it was Fort Lewis. I've only been in Afghanistan a couple of months.

...and what kind of military member has 20 hours a day to sit around posting on a message board..no wonder we are losing the fucking war in A'stan!!! Tell me the first thing you, as a member of the military, must do to access the computer you're using....then I might believe you.
I usually work 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week. So I'm up at least 18 hours a day, I always have computer access, and off duty, there's really not much else to do. Today happened to be an admin day for me, so I posted a lot more during the day. I have internet access at work, and it's actually been kind of slow lately (things slow down in the Winter and fighting begins in earnest in the Spring) so I do have time to pop on the computer, check my AKO, and usually come here. Sometimes this has been blocked, message boards aren't usually allowed, but I've mostly been able to come to this one. When not at work, I have wireless access for my laptop in my B-hut.
First thing I do to access the computer I'm using? Right now I'm using my personal laptop, so I don't have to do a damn thing. For the work computer I have to use my CAC.

And I'm waiting to hear your vast experience that compares to my 21 years. I'm kind of betting you don't have any.

Forum List

Back