NPR Listeners Suffer Heart Attack

I heard this report on NPR.

It's another example of politicization of science. I don't know enough about this area of science to comment on the conclusions of the speaker as to why the disparity exists, but I think he makes a good point in saying that, due to political considerations, scientists are discouraged from even looking into it.

I think there are any number of problems with jumping to the conclusion that we're seeing some sort of innate, genetic difference in intelligence. I do not see a problem with scientists pursuing the line of inquiry.

Like Watson, Rushton says people of African descent have a lower IQ and smaller brain size, which he says is "50 percent genetic and 50 percent cultural."

Sounds like he read the "Bell Curve."

it is interesting how this subject is so taboo. why, though? i find it so obvious. given any two groups, even those arbitrarily defined, there will always be group differences. to argue that two groups are perfectly equal is to say that there is a one-to-one correspondence between each person in each of these groups. for every american donald trump, there is a chinese donald trump. for every chinese jackie chan, there is an american jackie chan.

it is important to judge people by their ability and talent, regardless of race. but if the science shows there are group differences, then let that fact be acknowledged. the hard thing is to not let this factor in as your individual prejudice.

How would we know? You can't study intelligence by race without being burned at the stake. Humans have come a long way in the past 2000 years, but there are still some subjects that are off-limits.

Well ... personal experience. I know a lot of highly intelligent Japanese, but their kids who were educated in our schools are no more intelligent than any hillbilly I have met.

Well ... personal experience. I know a lot of highly intelligent Japanese, but their kids who were educated in our schools are no more intelligent than any hillbilly I have met.

I haven't noticed that, but then again I wouldn't always rely on personal experience. Blacks are more capable physically than whites, so it's possible there could be mental differences. However, the PC police will never let the truth be known. One has to wonder what they're afraid of.

I could understand dying of boredom while listening to NPR... :tongue:

James Watson came out with this ages ago and already recanted, but only under duress.

He tried to explain that it was to be expected given the nature of race in 3rd world countries...you take a race and subject them to starvation, lack of education, disease, yada yada yada and then you take a global intelligence test and that population is going to bring the average intelligence of the race down.

James Watson came out with this ages ago and already recanted, but only under duress.

He tried to explain that it was to be expected given the nature of race in 3rd world countries...you take a race and subject them to starvation, lack of education, disease, yada yada yada and then you take a global intelligence test and that population is going to bring the average intelligence of the race down.

Why would a any group of people just allow themselves to be starved, denied educatino and subjected to disease ? Doesn't like a real smart idea right off the bat.

Well they sort of do it to themselves, or to each other.......but that's way too complicated for a mere mortal to figure out.

it is interesting how this subject is so taboo. why, though? i find it so obvious. given any two groups, even those arbitrarily defined, there will always be group differences. to argue that two groups are perfectly equal is to say that there is a one-to-one correspondence between each person in each of these groups.

Oh, man, and that's just the beginning of the insanity of it. But I can see why it's so taboo. We are all very uncomfortable with the idea that black intelligence is generally lower. I mean, I'm sure as hell not going to walk up to a black person and bring this up. And for the rest of us, it means we've been living a lie for decades. We've spent probably trillions of dollars on minority education, welfare, etc. on the theory that blacks will be as smart as whites if we just give them the right tools. Acknowledging inherent differences that can't be completely overcome by government interventions is to acknowledge the world's biggest theft of resources from whites. And whites, especially, don't want to believe this, because it doesn't make them feel good.

Forum List

Back