NPR Compares Obama to Jesus, quotes bible

First off, I give it a 80% chance tgat the person that shouted "I love you" was a plant so that Obama could get to the next part of his speech. Secondly, as all adults know, when a sentance starts with "If you love me ..." there is a 100% chance that the person saying it is manipulating you.

CaféAuLait;4151681 said:
At a rally on the campus of North Carolina State in Raleigh, N.C. Wednesday where President Obama went to drum up support for his jobs bill, this happened.

AUDIENCE MEMBER: I love you, Barack!

THE PRESIDENT: I love you back. (Applause.) But first — but if you love me — if you love me, you got to help me pass this bill. (Applause.) If you love me, you got to help me pass this bill.

Here's John 21:15, the New International Version, describing a scene between Jesus and his disciples:

When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter,"Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?"

"Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you."
Jesus said, "Feed my lambs."
Obama: 'If You Love Me, You Got To Help Me Pass This Bill' : It's All Politics : NPR

I wonder how long it will be before the left lines up demanding that we stop giving money to NPR because they violated the separation between church and state.

:eusa_whistle:

Uh... what? I hope you're joking

CaféAuLait;4151681 said:
At a rally on the campus of North Carolina State in Raleigh, N.C. Wednesday where President Obama went to drum up support for his jobs bill, this happened.

THE PRESIDENT: I love you back. (Applause.) But first — but if you love me — if you love me, you got to help me pass this bill. (Applause.) If you love me, you got to help me pass this bill.

Here's John 21:15, the New International Version, describing a scene between Jesus and his disciples:

When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter,"Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?"

Obama: 'If You Love Me, You Got To Help Me Pass This Bill' : It's All Politics : NPR

It's clearly tongue-in-cheek. You don't really think NPR seriously compared Obama to Jesus, do you? :lol::lol::lol:

When it comes to Resurrections, NPR can do....

1a.gif

CaféAuLait;4151681 said:

I figured you meant like:

“There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
“The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’
“But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony.' "
-- Luke 16:19-25

CaféAuLait;4151681 said:

Here is the author page for that NPR blogger: Frank James : NPR

James came to NPR from the Chicago Tribune, where he worked for 20 years. In 2006, James created "The Swamp," the paper's successful politics and policy news blog whose readership climbed to a peak of 3 million page-views a month.

Before that, James covered homeland security, technology and privacy and economics in the Tribune's Washington Bureau. He also reported for the Tribune from South Africa and covered politics and higher education.

James also reported for The Wall Street Journal for nearly 10 years.

James received a bachelor of arts degree in English from Dickinson College and now serves on its board of trustees.

34pgxfs.jpg

20 years at the Chicago Tribune before he came to NPR.

Chicago.

I am betting he's a long time left wing fan boi of Obama.

Forum List

Back