Now you see her, now you don't.

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
This could be in the religion forum, but I was not sure if it fits, so I put it here.

Newspaper takes out Hillary from photo during Seals mission. Why? Read it.

Where’s Hillary? Hasidic paper breaks the rules by editing Clinton out of White House photo - Yahoo! News

Now....if women are not to be seen in today's world and therefore regulated back to the kitchen where they belong and are edited OUT, what makes anyone think it wasn't done in gospels of the bible or ANY religious book? :eusa_eh:

"Apparently the presence of a woman, any woman, being all womanly and sexy all over the United States' counterterrorism efforts was too much for the editors of Der Tzitung to handle," noted the prominent women's blog Jezebel.
Indeed, "The Hasidic newspaper will not intentionally include any images of women in the paper because it could be considered sexually suggestive," Rabbi Jason Miller explains in The Jewish Week. Though he notes that the publication's "fauxtograpphing" may in fact be a graver act against their religious tenets: "To my mind, this act of censorship is actually a violation of the Jewish legal principle of g'neivat da'at (deceit)."
Beyond that, Der Tzitung's editors apparently missed or blatantly ignored the guidelines stipulated on the official White House Flickr page, where the photo was released for use by news organizations: "The photograph may not be manipulated in any way."
The White House has not issued a response on the altered image.

Last edited:
Plenty of strong women who didn't stay in the kitchen throughout the Bible. You must be talking about a different religeo................ Oh, I see what you did there.

• Banned
ANY religion. Not just the bible. ANY.
Women are less "worthy" than a favorite horse.
Where is the Gospel of Mary? Sure isn't in the bible. Nope. In the bible, she's a whore.

• Banned
Darn that Hillary! How dare she sit in that room designated for men?

This could be in the religion forum, but I was not sure if it fits, so I put it here.

Where’s Hillary? Hasidic paper breaks the rules by editing Clinton out of White House photo - Yahoo! News

Now....if women are not to be seen in today's world and therefore regulated back to the kitchen where they belong and are edited OUT, what makes anyone think it wasn't done in gospels of the bible or ANY religious book? :eusa_eh:

"Apparently the presence of a woman, any woman, being all womanly and sexy all over the United States' counterterrorism efforts was too much for the editors of Der Tzitung to handle," noted the prominent women's blog Jezebel.
Indeed, "The Hasidic newspaper will not intentionally include any images of women in the paper because it could be considered sexually suggestive," Rabbi Jason Miller explains in The Jewish Week. Though he notes that the publication's "fauxtograpphing" may in fact be a graver act against their religious tenets: "To my mind, this act of censorship is actually a violation of the Jewish legal principle of g'neivat da'at (deceit)."
Beyond that, Der Tzitung's editors apparently missed or blatantly ignored the guidelines stipulated on the official White House Flickr page, where the photo was released for use by news organizations: "The photograph may not be manipulated in any way."
So don't subscribe or read it.
Pretty simple, no?

I highly doubt anyone is going to be concerned that Hillary will be seen as sexy

Pretty simple, no?

We're still allowed to discuss it.

And yes, it's disgusting. :eusa_hand:

Where is the Gospel of Mary? Sure isn't in the bible. Nope. In the bible, she's a whore.

Ma'am. the Gospel of Mary was written by Mary the mother of Jesus, who was NEVER portrayed as a whore by the Bible. You are thinking of Mary Magdeline, who WAS a whore until she met Jesus, she didn't write the Gospel of Mary.

Pretty simple, no?

Why wouldn't I want to read it? It was on my yahoo news page for..you know..NEWS. And I am entitled to talk about it since this is a message board, yes?

Ma'am. the Gospel of Mary was written by Mary the mother of Jesus, who was NEVER portrayed as a whore by the Bible. You are thinking of Mary Magdeline, who WAS a whore until she met Jesus, she didn't write the Gospel of Mary.

Too many Mary's. But, how do you know the Gospel of Mary was the mother of Jesus and not Mary Magdeline's words? We don't know because some MAN in a position of power decided it was NOT to be included in the bible. Correct? Same with the Gospel of Judas. Where is that one? Oh. Wait. I know. It was deemed not worthy and therefore not included.

That's just a Catholic Tradition. There is no evidence that Mary Magdeline actually was a whore.

Too many Mary's. But, how do you know the Gospel of Mary was the mother of Jesus and not Mary Magdeline's words? We don't know because some MAN in a position of power decided it was NOT to be included in the bible. Correct? Same with the Gospel of Judas. Where is that one? Oh. Wait. I know. It was deemed not worthy and therefore not included.

Have you READ the Gospel of Mary? It's obviously written by the mother of Jesus.

Many books were not included when the Bible was created. I seriously doubt that sexism played any role in those decisions.

You are stretching here. Now if you want to discuss the misogynous religion of Islam, you have a discussion.

I'm trying to find out which Hasidic sect prints Der Zeitung, and I can't seem to find out.

Does anyone know?

Also, in fairness to the Hasidim, this does fall under Freedom of the Press, and I think the statement Der Zeitung released clears up some of the details: Hillary Clinton, Audrey Tomason go missing in Situation Room photo in Der Tzitung newspaper - BlogPost - The Washington Post.

(It's interesting to note that Hillary Clinton was endorsed in both her run for Senate and Presidency by these same Hasidic leaders - Hasidic jews in Brooklyn being one of most solid voting blocks in the city).

That's just a Catholic Tradition. There is no evidence that Mary Magdeline actually was a whore.

Okay, I'm willing to stipulate that according to the Bible she actually was a whore, but we have no physical evidence to prove that.

Have you READ the Gospel of Mary? It's obviously written by the mother of Jesus.

Many books were not included when the Bible was created. I seriously doubt that sexism played any role in those decisions.

You are stretching here. Now if you want to discuss the misogynous religion of Islam, you have a discussion.

I think you are the one stretching now. (note the bold)

....At least.....in the Abridged-version it was that way.

handjob.gif

The Gospel of Mary

"This Gnostic Text reveals that Mary Magdalene may have been an apostle, perhaps even a leading apostle, not a prostitute. While some texts in the Bible seem to deny women a voice in the Christian community, this texts helps spark the debate about the role of women in the church."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back