Now Wikipedia altered Founding Fathers to include John Jay

lomez

Rookie
Jun 30, 2011
Yep!! John Jay is now, according to a new Wikipedia change (had to have been), one of the MAIN 7 founding fathers of the United States.

I'm surprised it doesn't list JQA there too ;)

The Wiki page shows a last update being 6/30/2011

Last edited:
Yep!! John Jay is now, according to a new Wikipedia change (had to have been), one of the founding fathers of the United States. That's right! Thanks to the tea baggers who like to re-write history and confuse their already none-to-educated followers, we now have:

* Washington
* Franklin
* Jefferson
* Madison
* Hamilton
* Adams
..............plus John Jay!!!! (who is most certainly NOT a founding father, and was not a signer on the Dec of Ind, Const nor the Articles of Confed. But was very against slavery, and eventually outlawed it in New York.

The Wiki page shows a last update being 6/30/2011 There's no way John Jay was on there prior to crazy bachmann:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: making her claim, in my opinion anyway. These people are something else. :lol:

and you would be WRONG

John Jay
(1745 - 1829)
Was an American politician, statesman, revolutionary, diplomat, a Founding Father of the United States, President of the Continental Congress from 1778 to 1779 and, from 1789 to 1795, the first Chief Justice of the United States. During and after the American Revolution, he was a minister (ambassador) to Spain and France, helping to fashion United States foreign policy and to secure favorable peace terms from the British (the Jay Treaty) and French. He co-wrote the Federalist Papers with Alexander Hamilton and James Madison.

As leader of the new Federalist Party, Jay was Governor of New York from 1795 to 1801 and became the state's leading opponent of slavery. His first two attempts to pass emancipation legislation failed in 1777 and 1785, but the third succeeded in 1799. The new law he signed into existence eventually saw the emancipation of all New York slaves before his death.

and this is not from wiki but from

Founding Fathers Quotes . com

I don't have enough posts yet to post a url so make the best of it.

Yep!! John Jay is now, according to a new Wikipedia change (had to have been), one of the founding fathers of the United States. That's right! Thanks to the tea baggers who like to re-write history and confuse their already none-to-educated followers, we now have:

* Washington
* Franklin
* Jefferson
* Madison
* Hamilton
* Adams
..............plus John Jay!!!! (who is most certainly NOT a founding father, and was not a signer on the Dec of Ind, Const nor the Articles of Confed. But was very against slavery, and eventually outlawed it in New York.

The Wiki page shows a last update being 6/30/2011 There's no way John Jay was on there prior to crazy bachmann:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: making her claim, in my opinion anyway. These people are something else. :lol:

and you would be WRONG

John Jay
(1745 - 1829)
Was an American politician, statesman, revolutionary, diplomat, a Founding Father of the United States, President of the Continental Congress from 1778 to 1779 and, from 1789 to 1795, the first Chief Justice of the United States. During and after the American Revolution, he was a minister (ambassador) to Spain and France, helping to fashion United States foreign policy and to secure favorable peace terms from the British (the Jay Treaty) and French. He co-wrote the Federalist Papers with Alexander Hamilton and James Madison.

As leader of the new Federalist Party, Jay was Governor of New York from 1795 to 1801 and became the state's leading opponent of slavery. His first two attempts to pass emancipation legislation failed in 1777 and 1785, but the third succeeded in 1799. The new law he signed into existence eventually saw the emancipation of all New York slaves before his death.

Um.......NO. That is correct information about him; but, he is considered by NOBODY that I've ever encountered (except uneducated teapartiers) to be a primary founding father, let alone one of the main 7 as is now on the WIKI page. He wasn't even a signer of ANY founding document.

Last edited:
There are alot more than 7 Founding Fathers.

And not all the Founders signed the documents. John Jay was key to passing the Constitution in New York. If it failed there, it likely would have failed. To pretend he wasnt a Founder when he cowrote the Federalist Papers which was one of the key documents that helped pass the Constitution, is insane.

* Washington
* Franklin
* Jefferson
* Madison
* Hamilton
* Adams

and you would be WRONG

John Jay
(1745 - 1829)

Um.......NO. That is correct information about him; but, he is considered by NOBODY that I've ever encountered (except uneducated teapartiers) to be a primary founding father, let alone one of the main 7 as is now on the WIKI page. He wasn't even a signer of ANY founding document. Was he alive at the time of the founding? Yep. That doesn't make him a founder. His name was added to WIKI today, to be one of "THE" seven founders.

this is what a revisionist history class taught at liberal schools will do to your education..

guess you missed the part of John Jays involvement with the federalist papers, his work with Madison and was president of the legislature, and was chief justice.. it is astounding that you missed all those important facts

* Washington
* Franklin
* Jefferson
* Madison
* Hamilton
* Adams

and you would be WRONG

John Jay
(1745 - 1829)

Um.......NO. That is correct information about him; but, he is considered by NOBODY that I've ever encountered (except uneducated teapartiers) to be a primary founding father, let alone one of the main 7 as is now on the WIKI page. He wasn't even a signer of ANY founding document. Was he alive at the time of the founding? Yep. That doesn't make him a founder. His name was added to WIKI today, to be one of "THE" seven founders.

The "main 7" are the people referenced in the book Seven Who Shaped Our Destiny: The Founding Fathers as Revolutionaries, which includes John Jay as a "Founding Father".

I think you might want to do a little more research on this one. John Jay would certainly be considered a "Founding Father". He was the first Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and President of the Continental Congress.

There are alot more than 7 Founding Fathers.

And not all the Founders signed the documents. John Jay was key to passing the Constitution in New York. If it failed there, it likely would have failed. To pretend he wasnt a Founder when he cowrote the Federalist Papers which was one of the key documents that helped pass the Constitution, is insane.

yep.. there were a ot more thatn 7 founding fathers..

there were 55 signers of the declaration of independance alone.. what does that tell you??

and you would be WRONG

John Jay
(1745 - 1829)

The "main 7" are the people referenced in the book Seven Who Shaped Our Destiny: The Founding Fathers as Revolutionaries, which includes John Jay as a "Founding Father".

I think you might want to do a little more research on this one. John Jay would certainly be considered a "Founding Father". He was the first Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and President of the Continental Congress.

thank you

....well, maybe I'm wrong. I never think of Jay as a main founder. But, he did pen some of the federalist papers. That accounts for a lot. Guess I'll reverse course on this one. Gotta own mistakes. :redface:

Still, I've never seen Jay in the top 10.....except on Wiki, that was mysteriously altered today. So he's above Patrick Henry? Thomas Paine? Sam Adams? John Hancock? Gouveneur Morris?

Last edited:
Don't sweat it, the department of education will very soon wipe away any factual positive information about our country so that future generations can be educated in how hateful and awful America really was.

Of course John Jay was among that group that we call the Founding Fathers.

He was a key player in the founding this nation.

Forum List

Back