Now What???????????????

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Was 16 on the first moon landing. (wasnt a publicity -stunt -was suppossed to be a first step)

Saw 2001 A SpaceOdyssey back in 68.

Where suppossed to be colonies on the moon and routine space travel from earth -to moon by now

Instead we get BORING space shuttleszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz which are over -good riddence

WHAT HAPPENNED????????????????

Was 16 on the first moon landing. (wasnt a publicity -stunt -was suppossed to be a first step)

Where suppossed to be colonies on the moon and routine space travel from earth -to moon by now

Instead we get BORING space shuttleszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz which are over -good riddence

That’s what happened. Instead of pushing the envelope ever further it became less glitz and so was abandoned. Terrible day in history when the most successful and technological people on the face of the planet give up on the future….

Last edited:
K. Dualla and Gary Lockwood and HAL in 2001 - made in 1968.

By now -travel frokm earth to moon shoulds have been rouitine.

WHAT WENT WRONG???????????????????????????????????????????????/

Imagine, just imagine, what our space exploration would look like if we'd been investing 10% of what we've been investing with the DoD on NASA!

We'd have colonies on MARs by now, I suspect.

The fact is, if we wanted to Colonize habitable planets without the hassle of the Moon (needs oxygen), Mars, etc., we'd have to fly lightyears, in the Billions, and we don't even know enough about those planets yet.

Then, once we know enough to go for it, we have to figure out how to get there. That would consist of probably manipulating black holes or bending space, somehow.

It is just amazing to see cons lament the changing of NASA.

The majority of my life the cons I knew screamed about NASA being a waste of money.

It is just amazing to see cons lament the changing of NASA.

The majority of my life the cons I knew screamed about NASA being a waste of money.

You can't even make a comment about space exploration without interjecting your partisan hack SHIT.

GET A FUCKING LIFE for God sake... or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

The problem with Buck Rogers space travel is that we need to provide oxygen, food, water, living space and above all a high probability of safety.

Space missions like we have been envisioning mean we have to sustain crews for over a year. Just supporting Buck adds to the costs of the mission and limits its duration

Space travel should not involve humans. Our most effective way to explore the galaxy is the Hubble Telescope and unmanned probes on rovers.

Even the military is moving away from human piloted aircraft. We need to push for landing recoverable rovers that can explore the surface and return back to earth

What is the economic or scientific return on repeated trips to a lifeless satellite of the earth? At a certain point we reached a "Been there done that" on lunar travel. What is the purpose of maintaining a colony on the moon other than to say that we did it?

Last edited:

What is the economic or scientific return on repeated trips to a lifeless satellite of the earth? At a certain point we reached a "Been there done that" on lunar travel. What is the purpose of maintaining a colony on the moon other than to say that we did it?

There may be NONE at all as it regards the moon.

OTOH it might serve as the launching point for futher exploration.

I DO think it fitting and sensible for mankind to reach out and explore (and possibly) colonize space.

There may be NONE at all as it regards the moon.

OTOH it might serve as the launching point for futher exploration.

I DO think it fitting and sensible for mankind to reach out and explore (and possibly) colonize space.

I think we would learn more about our galaxy by investing in five more Hubble Telescopes than from one lunar mission

To me, it makes no sense to send Buck Rogers or Captain Kirk to explore the galaxy. What does make sense is to send R2D2 to explore the galaxy

R2D2 does not require oxygen, food, space to move around or medical care. If he gets destroyed, nobody cares. R2D2 can survive a hundred years in space and reach the extreme distances between habitable planets.

Other than the romance of a human on another planet.....it is not logical (That is Mr Spock talking)

There were colonies on the Moon.

Space travel costs mega bucks. We need to be able to justify the cost based on real scientific advances or discoveries. Not because it will make a great youtube video

Forum List

Back