Now what?

the GOP has stated that their ONLY priority is to keep Obama from re-election.
You Lie.

The Senate MINORITY LEADER said that, this does not mean the GOP said that. And as pointed out earlier, the word "ONLY" as used is a lie as well.

However, for some reason it was A-Okay with you wingnuts when Queen Nan said essentially the same thing about Dubya.

Go figure.

Go figure that you neocon numbskulls keep trying to split hairs and make excuses for the jokers that continually screw you over. I don't need to lie to you jackasses...the truth is kicking your ass fair enough.

McConnell is the LEADER of the GOP currently.........WTF is the point in being the LEADER if you are NOT speaking for the Party you are leadding?

The fool that would be king Bohner didn't disagree, he just sidestepped the issue....and to date I don't hear any of the current GOP in the House or the Senate flat out dispute or counter McConnell.

Oh, and please provide me the quote where Pelosi said "essentially the same thing" about the Shrub. I'll wait.

McConnell didnt say anything like that. Quit spinning. You're making me dizzy.

Either you are insipidly stubborn or willfully ignorant. Obviously, you can't do simple research properly. So to save time with your denials and BS:

MCCONNELL: We need to be honest with the public. This election is about them, not us. And we need to treat this election as the first step in retaking the government. We need to say to everyone on Election Day, “Those of you who helped make this a good day, you need to go out and help us finish the job.”

NATIONAL JOURNAL: What’s the job?

MCCONNELL: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

ThinkProgress Mitch McConnell: I Want To Be Senate Majority Leader In Order To Make Obama A One-Term President

You clearly do not understand simple English.
There is a world of difference between "single most important" and "only". Ponder on that before I stick your worthless ass on iggy.

You clearly must be a buffoon if you think you can split hairs on this. Only a neocon parrot would insert his own supposition and conjecture in order to try and change the meaning of what one of his GOP gods stated in no uncertain terms. McConnell said what he said, NOT what you wanted him to say. TFB for you Rabbi....grow up and deal.

the GOP has stated that their ONLY priority is to keep Obama from re-election.
You Lie.

The Senate MINORITY LEADER said that, this does not mean the GOP said that. And as pointed out earlier, the word "ONLY" as used is a lie as well.

However, for some reason it was A-Okay with you wingnuts when Queen Nan said essentially the same thing about Dubya.

Go figure.

Go figure that you neocon numbskulls keep trying to split hairs
First of all, stupid, I am not a "neocon" and actually voted FOR Obama.

"Splitting hairs" is what you call, accuracy?

And you don't remember Queen Nan's infamous quote, "Why should we put a plan out? Our plan is to stop HIM. (Bush.) He must be stopped! "

Nancy Pelosi - Wikiquote

Again, that was perfectly okay with you wingnut nutjob imbeciles at the time. Now that the minority leader in the Senate says it, not so okay.

That's okay, you can plead ignorance now. That's about all you can say that folks would readily believe.

Now what???

We continue working on eliminating corruption in ourselves and then our government. One election doesn't end that.

The governnment can hopefully now stop things from getting worse by draining the funding for quite a few of programs.

And how do you think that is going to happen with a GOP that is essentially dead set on continuing the failed and disasterous policies of the Shrub & company? Hell, even the base rhetoric is the same (i.e., Boehner)...expect now after using the tea baggers to get in, they're just a little more bold about it (i.e., McConnell). I mentioned a few items in my opening thread that a lot of folk want to ignore.....but history and reality eventually catches up with all.

It's called invididuals taking responsibility for our own lives. I know this is an odd concept for you, but it's really quite effective.

Individuals work on eliminating corruption in their life. They work on being free. And by doing so, the government slowly changes to be less corrupt.

And, please, don't play stupid. Obama has magnified every mistake Bush made and is pushing past it 10 fold. This mess was a bipartisan effort. You are falling for the trap of blaming the others for doing the same thing your guys are doing. Get over it.

Either you are insipidly stubborn or willfully ignorant. Obviously, you can't do simple research properly. So to save time with your denials and BS:

MCCONNELL: We need to be honest with the public. This election is about them, not us. And we need to treat this election as the first step in retaking the government. We need to say to everyone on Election Day, “Those of you who helped make this a good day, you need to go out and help us finish the job.”

NATIONAL JOURNAL: What’s the job?

MCCONNELL: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

ThinkProgress Mitch McConnell: I Want To Be Senate Majority Leader In Order To Make Obama A One-Term President

There is a world of difference between "single most important" and "only". Ponder on that before I stick your worthless ass on iggy.

You clearly must be a buffoon if you think you can split hairs on this. Only a neocon parrot would insert his own supposition and conjecture in order to try and change the meaning of what one of his GOP gods stated in no uncertain terms. McConnell said what he said, NOT what you wanted him to say. TFB for you Rabbi....grow up and deal.

Tushyliberal, please learn English. It is not "splitting hairs" to distinguish between "most important" and "only." It is in fact crucial to the meaning.
You are filled with bilge water. You cannot comprehend anything more difficult than "free salad bar." You certainly cannot understand the dynamics of the 2010 election and what they mean.

Actually the "chill up the leg" guy gave you your answer the other night, when he said the Dems and Obama should "play possum and let the GOP fix the economy, then take credit for it."

Interestingly, he didn't realize he just said it would take GOP policies to fix it.

And exactly how is the GOP going to fix the economy by employing the EXACT policies that fucked it up in the first place?
Ask the MSNBC pundit who made the backhand claim.

Clearly the last two years of applying the same policies worked well!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why should I give a damn about (yet another) partisan pundit gasbag? YOU, chuckles, are asserting this nonsense, and then you don't have either the brains or the stones to back it up.

Clearly the last two years we've witnessed the GOP campaign on blocking/stalling/denying EVERYTHING that Obama's administration has come up with.....so obviously the same Shrub policies weren't working well enough, as the latest elections results that the GOP/neocons/teabaggers/oathers/birthers, etc. have been crowing about.

So again, chuckles, explain how returning to past FAILED policies are going to save us all?

You Lie.

Go figure.

Go figure that you neocon numbskulls keep trying to split hairs....and make excuses for the jokers that continually screw you over. I don't need to lie to you jackasses...the truth is kicking your ass fair enough.

McConnell is the LEADER of the GOP currently.........WTF is the point in being the LEADER if you are NOT speaking for the Party you are leadding?

The fool that would be king Bohner didn't disagree, he just sidestepped the issue....and to date I don't hear any of the current GOP in the House or the Senate flat out dispute or counter McConnell.

Oh, and please provide me the quote where Pelosi said "essentially the same thing" about the Shrub. I'll wait.
First of all, stupid, I am not a "neocon" and actually voted FOR Obama.

As you currently parrot the same talking points and attitude that the neocons have been squawking since 2008.....I guess you could be a Bluedog Dem.....they're almost the same thing.....but the neocons weren't happy with them and voted in the real thing instead recently.

"Splitting hairs" is what you call, accuracy? No, As I pointed out previously, YOU inserted a word that was NOT in the McConnell quote. Acting on that, you then proceed as if your insertion is a fact based quote. It's not......and your trying to imply something for an alternate interpretation is pretty lame....but I expect nothing less from neocon parrots.

And you don't remember Queen Nan's infamous quote, "Why should we put a plan out? Our plan is to stop HIM. (Bush.) He must be stopped! "

Nancy Pelosi - Wikiquote

Again, that was perfectly okay with you wingnut nutjob imbeciles at the time. Now that the minority leader in the Senate says it, not so okay.

That's okay, you can plead ignorance now. That's about all you can say that folks would readily believe.

You need to stop braying like a jackass......so far, neither you or any of the other neocon parrots/tea baggers/oathers/birthers/Libertarians/Bluedog Dems have addressed honestly the points I put forth in the opening post of this thread.

Now, the Pelosi quote you gave when she was referring to the wiretap controversy over FISA and possible impeachment proceedings regarding the bogus intel and withheld information the Shrub & company used to invade Iraq (remember, this was 2005)...among other things. A candid, out of context remark did NOT hallmark the specifics. Remember, the Shrub was a lame Duck President at the time, and had come off a 6 year run with control of all three branches of gov't.

McConnell is talking about preventing a re-election...and the obstructionist position that the GOP has taken since the 2008 election is a strong indicator of what they will do.

Carry on.

Now what???

We continue working on eliminating corruption in ourselves and then our government. One election doesn't end that.

The governnment can hopefully now stop things from getting worse by draining the funding for quite a few of programs.

And how do you think that is going to happen with a GOP that is essentially dead set on continuing the failed and disasterous policies of the Shrub & company? Hell, even the base rhetoric is the same (i.e., Boehner)...expect now after using the tea baggers to get in, they're just a little more bold about it (i.e., McConnell). I mentioned a few items in my opening thread that a lot of folk want to ignore.....but history and reality eventually catches up with all.

It's called invididuals taking responsibility for our own lives. I know this is an odd concept for you, but it's really quite effective.

Oh spare me that tired bullshit....NONE of you teabagging/oather/birther/neocon/Libertarian assholes have made it through life in America WITHOUT the support system of the federal gov't affecting you at one point or another. The corporations that you hold so dear sure as hell depend upon the federal gov't to insure their policies when they screw you over whether it's outsourcing jobs or denying clients insurance coverage...and dumb toots like you just bend over with a smile and say, "thank you sir, can I have another".

Individuals work on eliminating corruption in their life. They work on being free. And by doing so, the government slowly changes to be less corrupt.

Individuals make up the government, you nit! WE are the gov't....that's why WE vote in local elections, to change national elections. My point, which you desperately avoid, is that the GOP is offering NOTHING but the failed policies that got us into many of the current fiascos we are now......and so far, you can't logically or factually excuse or deny that.

And, please, don't play stupid. Obama has magnified every mistake Bush made and is pushing past it 10 fold. This mess was a bipartisan effort. You are falling for the trap of blaming the others for doing the same thing your guys are doing. Get over it.

This last paragraph is a-typical of Rovian bullshit....NEVER acknowledge the Shrub era failures, but blame the inheritors for not cleaning up everything overnight, that way the assholes that created this mess get back into power under false pretenses.

Naa-unnh chuckles.....that won't shake with me. Obama is guilty of being a wimp....letting the GOP blockade dictate all his actions because he didn't want to be the scary black man to white voters in 2012 that pushes an agenda. Well, all that bending over backwards, olive branch, bi-partisan effort got him some achievments and some failures. But to pretend that Obama is making things tens times worse is pure neocon bullshit. Hell, Iraq and Afghanistan weren't even on the books for the budget until Obama got into office...WHO'S FAULT WAS THAT? Obama didn't cause the auto industry to nearly collapse, he essentially saved it. Yeah, I'm not happy with the deal he wangled on Healthcare, or his continued Iraq/Afghanistan policy (with emphasis on trying to replace Gitmo with a proposal to detain indefinitely), or his continuation of the more scary parts of the Patriot Act......but what achievements he has done is at least in the right direction....which is why the GOP and neocon punditry is carrying on like he ate a child on the steps of the Vatican.

Well, let's see what your boys are going to do now.

Tushyliberal, please learn English. It is not "splitting hairs" to distinguish between "most important" and "only." It is in fact crucial to the meaning.
You are filled with bilge water. You cannot comprehend anything more difficult than "free salad bar." You certainly cannot understand the dynamics of the 2010 election and what they mean.

See folks, when these neocon parrots can't deal with the facts, they just create their own version of reality. McConnell has REPEATED for the masses what his intentions are...the number one priority on his list. Yes, he can have other items on the agenda, but his TOP priority, his "most important" is to prevent Obama's relection.

I feel sorry for the Rabbi's congregation , as they are subject to your intellectually myopic and partisan blatherings. I hope he takes a refresher course in reading comprehension. Now let's watch him repeat the same dreck ad nauseum in various ways....the last word is so important to willfully ignorant neocon parrots.

Forum List

Back