Now what?

[
We return to following The Constitution

Does that mean the Republicans are going to get rid of national security letters and warrantless wiretaps from the PATRIOT Act? You boys planning on dropping the idea of changing the 14th amendment or adding a marriage amendment?

The Patriot Act.... really? Get over it.....

As for the 14th ammendment...

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. If their parents are'nt legally here.... screw em..... screw em all!
It was never meant to make every baby born here a citizen..... Their parents might be from another country.... so how in the Hell does that make them an American?

It does'nt......

As for the marriage amendment.... give me a break.

Call it something other than marriage, and I am on board. Lets stop changing the meaning of words to suit your purposes OK?

I highlighted what you need to see when you get your head out of Karl Rove's ass.

So the neocon driven GOP, the oathers, the birthers, the tea baggers, etc., are all preening and crowing about the return of the GOP in the House.

Now what?

If the supporters of the forementioned expect massive changes, then they should remember.....the GOP has stated that their ONLY priority is to keep Obama from re-election.

Tushyliberal, where did "the GOP" state that their only goal was to prevent Obama's re-election?
The rest of your post is filled with lies, half truth and distortion.

Now what?

Well, we'll gridlock the government, and then proceed to look to our private sector for personal happiness and stability.

Meanwhile, we'll enjoy watching you libs cry like babies b/c the gov't can't be there to satisfy your every need.

It's gonna be quite fun.

Please explain to me in detail what the Obama administration has done that is "anti-constitutional"?

Prolonged detention and national security letters are unconstitutional. The Obama administration invented the former and extended the latter. That's all I know off the top of my head.

Newsflash: National Security Letters existed LONG before the Obama administration....in fact the Patriot Act enhanced their usage. They originated in 1978 and have been used mostly by the FBI to get over privacy issues regarding espionage suspects. Essentially you're demonizing Obama for allowing a 30 year old precedent to continue....that wasn't one of the criticisms of Obama during the 2008 campaign nor during the recent campaign election by the GOP).

As for the prolonged detention proposal, I wasn't aware that it was inacted into law yet. I agree that like aspects of the "Patriot Act", it's against the very Bill of Rights. I see the proposal as yet another example of Obama's attempt to appease his enemies and detractors since putting the closing of Gitmo into affect. Funny how the neocons hail Gitmo and the Patriot Act, yet wail against Obama doing similar. What's really interesting that it was now former Sen. Feingold who tried to talk some sense into Obama about this:

A Letter to Barack Obama
Prolonged Detention and the Rule of Law
By Sen. RUSSELL FEINGOLD

Sen. Russell Feingold: Prolonged Detention and the Rule of Law

Now, it will be REAL interesting if the current GOP House and Senate minority use these two issues to attack Obama.

Now what?

Well, we'll gridlock the government, and then proceed to look to our private sector for personal happiness and stability.

Meanwhile, we'll enjoy watching you libs cry like babies b/c the gov't can't be there to satisfy your every need.

It's gonna be quite fun.

Fun for who? The American people experienced the GOP stamping their feet and holding their breath until they got their way before. Or maybe you're too young or forgot about Gingrich's little walk out and how that affected the American people. Do a little research about it, because I'm damned tired of doing the homework for willfully ignorant neocon bullhorns like yourself.

As for the private sector saving your sorry ass.....what planet were you on during the S&L scandal? Or Enron? Or the Wall St./banking mess? Please don't tell me you're stupid/stubborn enough to regurgitate all the excuses made for what a private sector with lax gov't oversight/regulation has done?

So the neocon driven GOP, the oathers, the birthers, the tea baggers, etc., are all preening and crowing about the return of the GOP in the House.

Now what?

If the supporters of the forementioned expect massive changes, then they should remember.....the GOP has stated that their ONLY priority is to keep Obama from re-election.

Tushyliberal, Is that the best you can do? What are you, 10 years old? where did "the GOP" state that their only goal was to prevent Obama's re-election?

:disbelief: Perhaps you haven't heard what Mitch McConnell has stated, or for that matter some of the other gems that have come from the GOP leadership in the last year. Why don't you do your homework and let me know when you're up to speed on that, bunky.

I think we have just witnessed the consequences of disappointing the folks that voted for change. The Republican's will be reminded daily exactly what is expected if they wish to retain their newly reaquired power. Reduce spending, secure the boarder, reduce the size and scope of government, fix healthcare.

Ahhh, but your list is EXACTLY what the Shrub & company DIDN'T do! And remember, the current GOPers and their teabagging, oathing, birthing, libertarianistic flunkies all touted and defended that 8 year debacle in various degrees.

So essentially, if the GOP tries a re-enactment of those core policies, they'll be out on their asses in the next elections. As it stands, grinding the gov't to a halt won't sit well with people unemployed...and trying to solely blame Obama for it isn't going to wash when the Tea baggers find out the GOP played them for suckers.

Now what???

We continue working on eliminating corruption in ourselves and then our government. One election doesn't end that.

The governnment can hopefully now stop things from getting worse by draining the funding for quite a few of programs.

Now what?

Tushyliberal, Is that the best you can do? What are you, 10 years old? where did "the GOP" state that their only goal was to prevent Obama's re-election?

:disbelief: Perhaps you haven't heard what Mitch McConnell has stated, or for that matter some of the other gems that have come from the GOP leadership in the last year. Why don't you do your homework and let me know when you're up to speed on that, bunky.

McConnell didnt say anything like that. Quit spinning. You're making me dizzy.

Now what???

We continue working on eliminating corruption in ourselves and then our government. One election doesn't end that.

The governnment can hopefully now stop things from getting worse by draining the funding for quite a few of programs.

And how do you think that is going to happen with a GOP that is essentially dead set on continuing the failed and disasterous policies of the Shrub & company? Hell, even the base rhetoric is the same (i.e., Boehner)...expect now after using the tea baggers to get in, they're just a little more bold about it (i.e., McConnell). I mentioned a few items in my opening thread that a lot of folk want to ignore.....but history and reality eventually catches up with all.

Either you are insipidly stubborn or willfully ignorant. Obviously, you can't do simple research properly. So to save time with your denials and BS:

MCCONNELL: We need to be honest with the public. This election is about them, not us. And we need to treat this election as the first step in retaking the government. We need to say to everyone on Election Day, “Those of you who helped make this a good day, you need to go out and help us finish the job.”

NATIONAL JOURNAL: What’s the job?

MCCONNELL: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

ThinkProgress Mitch McConnell: I Want To Be Senate Majority Leader In Order To Make Obama A One-Term President

Now what?

We return to following The Constitution.... and Your silly "white only" comment regarding Rand Paul is just plain STUPID.

Please explain to me in detail what the Obama administration has done that is "anti-constitutional"?

As for Rand Paul......stupid is as stupid does. Observe and learn, because this is the mind set that YOU are defending:

That appeared to reverse the position he took Wednesday night, when Maddow asked him, "Do you think that a private business has the right to say 'we don't serve black people'?"

"I'm not in favor of any discrimination of any form," he (Rand Paul) responded. "I would never belong to any club that excluded anybody for race. We still do have private clubs in America that can discriminate based on race. But I think what's important about this debate is not written into any specific 'gotcha' on this, but asking the question: What about freedom of speech? Should we limit speech from people we find abhorrent? Should we limit racists from speaking? . . . I don't want to be associated with those people, but I also don't want to limit their speech in any way in the sense that we tolerate boorish and uncivilized behavior because that's one of the things freedom requires."

Rand Paul comments about civil rights stir controversy

One thing they did that violates the constition?

How about that healthcare bill? That is not going to hold up to the smell test.

There ya happy.... stop bugging me on my private messages to come back and debate your stupid thread.....

and YES, I agree with RAND PAUL... If a club wants to have "whites only" thats their buisiness.... BAD BUISINESS mind you, but their buisiness none the less... There are a ton of things I cant be a member of b/c of my race. One being the General Electric Hispanic Forum and Black Forums when I was employed there.... did you see me crying....? No.... I just went about my own buisiness.

I wont be a part of any biggoted associations.... like NAACP, La Raza, CAIR, .... shall I go on?

Take your stupid strawman and shove it up your God damned ass for all I care!

[
Does that mean the Republicans are going to get rid of national security letters and warrantless wiretaps from the PATRIOT Act? You boys planning on dropping the idea of changing the 14th amendment or adding a marriage amendment?

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. If their parents are'nt legally here.... screw em..... screw em all!
It was never meant to make every baby born here a citizen..... Their parents might be from another country.... so how in the Hell does that make them an American?

It does'nt......

Call it something other than marriage, and I am on board. Lets stop changing the meaning of words to suit your purposes OK?

I highlighted what you need to see when you get your head out of Karl Rove's ass.

That tells me nothing.... except maybe you dont know what you are talking about.

The 14th amendment does'nt allow for ILLEGALS to come here and drop their lil baby anchors so they can get citizenship... it was intended for the slaves so they would be counted as Americans.
Your liberal talking points really do bore me..... :lame2:

BTW.... I hate Karl Rove as much as I hate you :fu:

Either you are insipidly stubborn or willfully ignorant. Obviously, you can't do simple research properly. So to save time with your denials and BS:

MCCONNELL: We need to be honest with the public. This election is about them, not us. And we need to treat this election as the first step in retaking the government. We need to say to everyone on Election Day, “Those of you who helped make this a good day, you need to go out and help us finish the job.”

NATIONAL JOURNAL: What’s the job?

MCCONNELL: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

ThinkProgress Mitch McConnell: I Want To Be Senate Majority Leader In Order To Make Obama A One-Term President

You clearly do not understand simple English.
There is a world of difference between "single most important" and "only". Ponder on that before I stick your worthless ass on iggy.

the GOP has stated that their ONLY priority is to keep Obama from re-election.
You Lie.

The Senate MINORITY LEADER said that, this does not mean the GOP said that. And as pointed out earlier, the word "ONLY" as used is a lie as well.

However, for some reason it was A-Okay with you wingnuts when Queen Nan said essentially the same thing about Dubya.

Go figure.

Actually the "chill up the leg" guy gave you your answer the other night, when he said the Dems and Obama should "play possum and let the GOP fix the economy, then take credit for it."

Interestingly, he didn't realize he just said it would take GOP policies to fix it.

[

It does'nt......

That tells me nothing.... except maybe you dont know what you are talking about.

The 14th amendment does'nt allow for ILLEGALS to come here and drop their lil baby anchors so they can get citizenship... it was intended for the slaves so they would be counted as Americans.
Your liberal talking points really do bore me..... :lame2:

BTW.... I hate Karl Rove as much as I hate you :fu:

Once again, the Infidel demonstrates his intense intellectual myopia. The intellectually deficient infidel should know that if a law is intended SPECIFICALLY for one group of people, it will state as such. Since the sentence in the 14th Amendment I highlighted did NOT specify slaves, then it can AND HAS been applied to all those within the US jurisdiction over the centuries (migrants, immigrants).

You're born here, you got rights....you live here or are visiting for whatever period of time, you get due process and protection of the law.

Got that, you ignorant lout of an infidel? If not, get an adult to explain it for you.

But as we can see, already the teabagger candidate that got elected you dopes lauded over are already flip-flopping before their seats in Congress are warm. Yeah, you idiots are going to get exactly what you voted for.....God help us all.

You're Rove's ideological child alright.....a stupid bastard, but his child none-the-less as your drivel demonstrates.

Last edited:
Actually the "chill up the leg" guy gave you your answer the other night, when he said the Dems and Obama should "play possum and let the GOP fix the economy, then take credit for it."

Interestingly, he didn't realize he just said it would take GOP policies to fix it.

And exactly how is the GOP going to fix the economy by employing the EXACT policies that fucked it up in the first place?

And exactly how is the GOP going to fix the economy by employing the EXACT policies that fucked it up in the first place?
Ask the MSNBC pundit who made the backhand claim.

Clearly the last two years of applying the same policies worked well!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back