Now what?

taichiliberal

Rookie
Aug 11, 2010
So the neocon driven GOP, the oathers, the birthers, the tea baggers, etc., are all preening and crowing about the return of the GOP in the House.

Now what?

If the supporters of the forementioned expect massive changes, then they should remember.....the GOP has stated that their ONLY priority is to keep Obama from re-election. So basic governing be damned. From now until November 2011 it will be frivolous supeonas, filibusters, and futile attempts to repeal what achievments the Obama administration have made (yes, futile....because they DON'T have the vote to repeal the current health care reforms before they take affect).

Yes, the Party of NO will be in full swing.....and what do they have to offer in return? Privatization of Social Security? Oh yeah, that would have worked out well in 2004-2008! Repeal of Health Care reform? What's the alternative....cross state jurisdiction with the ability to drop/deny clients to save buck....Raising rates without rhyme or reason? Repealing oversight of Wall St. and the banks? Gee, I guess people LIKE paying for the failed and corrupt action of investment banks and losing their 401K. And next time, let our major industries fail and plunge the country into a depression instead of TEMPORARILY taking charge.

Oh well, at least the key tea baggers loonies didn't get in, the Senate is still holding....but I sure as hell am glad I don't live in Kentucky, because it's going to be real interesting when some joker starts a "white only" policy at their place of business and Rand Paul defends that, repeating his disagreement with the amendments to the Constitution.

Yep, as the old saying goes.....be careful what you wish for! :doubt:

What now? Reality is gonna smack the wingers up the side of the head like a 2x4.
Well after their boys and girls take office.

I could spend hours on Google images to find an appropriate "FAIL!" image for the OP...I don't think it is possible.
This might be an all time fail here.

The whine will begin early next year that we did not elect enough republicans, It is all Obama's fault, obstructionist Dems, etc.

We return to following The Constitution

Does that mean the Republicans are going to get rid of national security letters and warrantless wiretaps from the PATRIOT Act? You boys planning on dropping the idea of changing the 14th amendment or adding a marriage amendment?

So the neocon driven GOP, the oathers, the birthers, the tea baggers, etc., are all preening and crowing about the return of the GOP in the House.

Now what?

The Dems lost the house. Get the fuck over it.

If the supporters of the forementioned expect massive changes, then they should remember.....the GOP has stated that their ONLY priority is to keep Obama from re-election.

That's every single party's over all agenda. To regain political power. Again, get the fuck over it.

So basic governing be damned. From now until November 2011 it will be frivolous supeonas, filibusters, and futile attempts to repeal what achievments the Obama administration have made (yes, futile....because they DON'T have the vote to repeal the current health care reforms before they take affect).

No it won't. If Obama realizes what exactly this loss means for his administration he'll do what the American people elected him to do in 2008. Sit down with the republicans and work on lowering the deficit and creating jobs. Thse elections were about putting a break on the car of spending and partisan ideologies. America is not inerest in universal health care and cap and trade right now. Jobs, jobs, jobs it's the economy stupid.

Yes, the Party of NO will be in full swing.....and what do they have to offer in return? Privatization of Social Security? Oh yeah, that would have worked out well in 2004-2008! Repeal of Health Care reform? What's the alternative....cross state jurisdiction with the ability to drop/deny clients to save buck....Raising rates without rhyme or reason? Repealing oversight of Wall St. and the banks? Gee, I guess people LIKE paying for the failed and corrupt action of investment banks and losing their 401K. And next time, let our major industries fail and plunge the country into a depression instead of TEMPORARILY taking charge.

A law banning large scale bank bailouts would be all the regulation the financial markets need. As for privatizing social security what's wrong with what Brazil and other nations are doing and allowing people to opt out of social security and invest in their own futures?

Oh well, at least the key tea baggers loonies didn't get in, the Senate is still holding....but I sure as hell am glad I don't live in Kentucky, because it's going to be real interesting when some joker starts a "white only" policy at their place of business and Rand Paul defends that, repeating his disagreement with the amendments to the Constitution.

That's one thing i don't agree with Rand Paul about, and I don't think the majority of the republicans who are joining the senate or house agree with him on it. The Civil Rights Act is in no way in danger, and you know it.

Does that mean the Republicans are going to get rid of national security letters and warrantless wiretaps from the PATRIOT Act? You boys planning on dropping the idea of changing the 14th amendment or adding a marriage amendment?

The Patriot Act.... really? Get over it.....

As for the 14th ammendment...

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

If their parents are'nt legally here.... screw em..... screw em all!
It was never meant to make every baby born here a citizen..... Their parents might be from another country.... so how in the Hell does that make them an American?

It does'nt......

As for the marriage amendment.... give me a break.

Call it something other than marriage, and I am on board. Lets stop changing the meaning of words to suit your purposes OK?

I think we have just witnessed the consequences of disappointing the folks that voted for change. The Republican's will be reminded daily exactly what is expected if they wish to retain their newly reaquired power. Reduce spending, secure the boarder, reduce the size and scope of government, fix healthcare.

The Patriot Act.... really? Get over it.....

As for the 14th ammendment...

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

If their parents are'nt legally here.... screw em..... screw em all!
It was never meant to make every baby born here a citizen..... Their parents might be from another country.... so how in the Hell does that make them an American?

It does'nt......

As for the marriage amendment.... give me a break.

Call it something other than marriage, and I am on board. Lets stop changing the meaning of words to suit your purposes OK?

The PATRIOT Act had the part about national security letters extended by Obama, and I didn't see any so-called constitution-lovers shedding a tear over it. Republicans didn't defend the constitution when Bush was shitting all over it and they don't vote against extending it.

What exactly was meant by All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens if not to... I dunno... make them citizens? Besides, my point doesn't depend on what it was meant to do. It goes like this:

1)It does give people born here citizenship currently
2)There are numerous groups that claim to be defenders of the constitution
3)There are members of those groups that also want to change or remove the 14th amendment

And again, by debating whether or not gay marriage is OK with you, you are missing my point that some conservatives claim to want to defend the constitution, but want to add amendments to it that would appear to respect the establishment of a religion. One action that means they DO NOT RESPECT THE CONSTITUTION in two ways: they want to change it, and they want to add amendments that contradict another amendment.

Now what?

We return to following The Constitution.... and Your silly "white only" comment regarding Rand Paul is just plain STUPID.

Please explain to me in detail what the Obama administration has done that is "anti-constitutional"?

As for Rand Paul......stupid is as stupid does. Observe and learn, because this is the mind set that YOU are defending:

That appeared to reverse the position he took Wednesday night, when Maddow asked him, "Do you think that a private business has the right to say 'we don't serve black people'?"

"I'm not in favor of any discrimination of any form," he (Rand Paul) responded. "I would never belong to any club that excluded anybody for race. We still do have private clubs in America that can discriminate based on race. But I think what's important about this debate is not written into any specific 'gotcha' on this, but asking the question: What about freedom of speech? Should we limit speech from people we find abhorrent? Should we limit racists from speaking? . . . I don't want to be associated with those people, but I also don't want to limit their speech in any way in the sense that we tolerate boorish and uncivilized behavior because that's one of the things freedom requires."

Rand Paul comments about civil rights stir controversy

I could spend hours on Google images to find an appropriate "FAIL!" image for the OP...I don't think it is possible.
This might be an all time fail here.

If you are referring to your personal failure to log a rational and logical response to my opening post, then I agree.

Perish the thought! The Infidel is referring to the revisionist ideals that his ilk have of the Constitution.

Please explain to me in detail what the Obama administration has done that is "anti-constitutional"?

Prolonged detention and national security letters are unconstitutional. The Obama administration invented the former and extended the latter. That's all I know off the top of my head.

Now what?

The Dems lost the house. Get the fuck over it.

So you have no real rebuttal to my question.....not surprising.

If the supporters of the forementioned expect massive changes, then they should remember.....the GOP has stated that their ONLY priority is to keep Obama from re-election.

That's every single party's over all agenda. To regain political power. Again, get the fuck over it.

My, but you are willfully ignorant, aren't you? Re-election is one thing.....publically stating that the SOLE purpose of controlling Congress is to prevent a fair election through obstruction is NOT a good way to govern for the people.

Quote: Originally Posted by taichiliberal
So basic governing be damned. From now until November 2011 it will be frivolous supeonas, filibusters, and futile attempts to repeal what achievments the Obama administration have made (yes, futile....because they DON'T have the vote to repeal the current health care reforms before they take affect).

No it won't. If Obama realizes what exactly this loss means for his administration he'll do what the American people elected him to do in 2008. Sit down with the republicans and work on lowering the deficit and creating jobs. Thse elections were about putting a break on the car of spending and partisan ideologies. America is not inerest in universal health care and cap and trade right now. Jobs, jobs, jobs it's the economy stupid.

I don't know what planet you've been on or what you're smoking....but the Obama administration has done NOTHING BUT try to negotiate with the GOP, who have logged record filibusters and fought tooth and nail against Obama passing bills THAT EVEN THE GOP THEMSELVES AGREED UPON OR PROPOSED. You're Rovian mantras about spending is a joke, given that it was the Shrub & company that started spending YOUR money to bail out PRIVATE Wall St. and banking firms. And if Obama had not spent, the auto industry WOULD BE DEAD. Also, the Shrub & company kept his little Iraq jaunt off the books.....so Obama honestly included that, which increased the debt HE INHERITED. The LIE you put forth about universal health care is just that...a LIE...because it was the GOP that fought down that to below the public option. And yes, it's about the economy and jobs, you pitiful parrot, which is why Obama pushed for a bill that would reward corporations that created jobs and eliminate tax breaks for those who outsourced. And who fought AGAINST that? Hmmm, could it be the very jokers you are crowing about? Jeezus, get your head out of your ass and stop voting against your interests.

A law banning large scale bank bailouts would be all the regulation the financial markets need. As for privatizing social security what's wrong with what Brazil and other nations are doing and allowing people to opt out of social security and invest in their own futures?

Do you know the poverty level of Brazil, you twit? Do you have any idea of the various gov't and how they operate that have what you imply? Because jokers like you wail like stuck pigs at the idea of ANY type of socialization. And banning bank bailouts while NOT instituting oversight doesn't solve the core cause of the problem. Jeezus, THINK before you type.

That's one thing i don't agree with Rand Paul about, and I don't think the majority of the republicans who are joining the senate or house agree with him on it. The Civil Rights Act is in no way in danger, and you know it.

Ahhh, but there lies the rub bunky! Because the Tea baggers are going to be REAL disappointed when their elected candidates roll over and do EXACTLY what the GOP wants them to do. And if Paul does NOT live up to his rhetoric, then you and your ilk were played for suckers.....if he does, then Kentuckians may have the clock turned back regarding Civil Rights.

Forum List

Back