Now what?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by taichiliberal, Nov 3, 2010.

1. taichiliberal

taichiliberal BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +239
    So the neocon driven GOP, the oathers, the birthers, the tea baggers, etc., are all preening and crowing about the return of the GOP in the House.

Now what?

If the supporters of the forementioned expect massive changes, then they should remember.....the GOP has stated that their ONLY priority is to keep Obama from re-election. So basic governing be damned. From now until November 2011 it will be frivolous supeonas, filibusters, and futile attempts to repeal what achievments the Obama administration have made (yes, futile....because they DON'T have the vote to repeal the current health care reforms before they take affect).

Yes, the Party of NO will be in full swing.....and what do they have to offer in return? Privatization of Social Security? Oh yeah, that would have worked out well in 2004-2008! Repeal of Health Care reform? What's the alternative....cross state jurisdiction with the ability to drop/deny clients to save buck....Raising rates without rhyme or reason? Repealing oversight of Wall St. and the banks? Gee, I guess people LIKE paying for the failed and corrupt action of investment banks and losing their 401K. And next time, let our major industries fail and plunge the country into a depression instead of TEMPORARILY taking charge.

Oh well, at least the key tea baggers loonies didn't get in, the Senate is still holding....but I sure as hell am glad I don't live in Kentucky, because it's going to be real interesting when some joker starts a "white only" policy at their place of business and Rand Paul defends that, repeating his disagreement with the amendments to the Constitution.

Yep, as the old saying goes.....be careful what you wish for! :doubt:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    What now? Reality is gonna smack the wingers up the side of the head like a 2x4.
    Well after their boys and girls take office.

3. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Just goes to show, we can never have too many 'now what' threads post election.

4. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173

We return to following The Constitution.... and Your silly "white only" comment regarding Rand Paul is just plain STUPID.

5. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Y'all gonna be dissapointed.

6. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,098
    I could spend hours on Google images to find an appropriate "FAIL!" image for the OP...I don't think it is possible.
    This might be an all time fail here.

7. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    The whine will begin early next year that we did not elect enough republicans, It is all Obama's fault, obstructionist Dems, etc.

8. Saikron

Saikron Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Does that mean the Republicans are going to get rid of national security letters and warrantless wiretaps from the PATRIOT Act? You boys planning on dropping the idea of changing the 14th amendment or adding a marriage amendment?

9. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    The Dems lost the house. Get the fuck over it.

That's every single party's over all agenda. To regain political power. Again, get the fuck over it.

No it won't. If Obama realizes what exactly this loss means for his administration he'll do what the American people elected him to do in 2008. Sit down with the republicans and work on lowering the deficit and creating jobs. Thse elections were about putting a break on the car of spending and partisan ideologies. America is not inerest in universal health care and cap and trade right now. Jobs, jobs, jobs it's the economy stupid.

A law banning large scale bank bailouts would be all the regulation the financial markets need. As for privatizing social security what's wrong with what Brazil and other nations are doing and allowing people to opt out of social security and invest in their own futures?

That's one thing i don't agree with Rand Paul about, and I don't think the majority of the republicans who are joining the senate or house agree with him on it. The Civil Rights Act is in no way in danger, and you know it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    Geez, I hope so.