Now We're Talking! U.S. Islamic Scholar Gets Life for Exhortation

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
I'm taking bets - who do you think will be the first one to complain - stating that we violated his right to free speech?

------

ALEXANDRIA, Va. — A prominent U.S.-based Islamic scholar who exhorted his followers after the Sept. 11 attacks to join the Taliban and fight U.S. troops was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison.

Ali al-Timimi of Fairfax was convicted in April of soliciting others to levy war against the United States, inducing others to aid the Taliban, and inducing others to use firearms in violation of federal law.

The cleric addressed the court for 10 minutes before his sentencing.

"I will not admit guiltme Muslim circles, wielded enormous influence among a group of young Muslim men in northern Virginia who played paintball games in 2000 and 2001. Authorities said they were a "Virginia jihad network" training for holy war around the globe.

Nine members of the group have been convicted and sentenced for their roles in the conspiracy, with prison terms ranging from three years to life.

Al-Timimi's lawyers argued that their client merely suggested that Muslims may want to leave the United States after Sept. 11 because of the potential for a backlash against them.

But he was accused of telling a group of young Muslim men just days after the attack that an apocalyptic battle between Muslims and nonbelievers was at hand and that Muslims were obligated to engage in holy war. He told the group that defense of the Taliban was a requirement and that U.S. troops were a legitimate target, according to court testimony.

Several of the men who heard Al-Timimi's speech traveled days later to Pakistan and began training with a militant Islamic group called Lashkar-e-Taiba, officials said. Some testified that their goal was to obtain training that would allow them to fight alongside the Taliban, though none actually made it to Afghanistan.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162404,00.html

freeandfun1 said:
I'm sorry, but referencing FOX as a the source for this information totally discounts the validity of the story... :rolleyes:

Yes it must come from the reputable NY Times or Al-Jazeerssss
:D

Certainly gives paintball a whole new meaning though :wtf:

GotZoom said:
I'm taking bets - who do you think will be the first one to complain - stating that we violated his right to free speech?

That bastard has no "right to free speech" - he's not protected under OUR constitution since he's an enemy combatant... and not a citizen...

-Cp said:
That bastard has no "right to free speech" - he's not protected under OUR constitution since he's an enemy combatant... and not a citizen...
Actually this guy is a citizen, if I heard the radio correctly.

However, I matters not. No one has the right to incite violence.

The guy is a citizen. And he can't be an "enemy combatant" is he is not a member of the enemy.
He is guilty of several other crimes, including being a fucking idiot, and deserves what he got.

Yeah, he's a U.S. citizen, making him guily of teason. I want to see a good, old-fashioned keel hauling for this guy. OH, OH, let's keel haul him on a carrier.

GotZoom said:

------

ALEXANDRIA, Va. — A prominent U.S.-based Islamic scholar who exhorted his followers after the Sept. 11 attacks to join the Taliban and fight U.S. troops was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison.

Ali al-Timimi of Fairfax was convicted in April of soliciting others to levy war against the United States, inducing others to aid the Taliban, and inducing others to use firearms in violation of federal law.

The cleric addressed the court for 10 minutes before his sentencing.

"I will not admit guiltme Muslim circles, wielded enormous influence among a group of young Muslim men in northern Virginia who played paintball games in 2000 and 2001. Authorities said they were a "Virginia jihad network" training for holy war around the globe.

Nine members of the group have been convicted and sentenced for their roles in the conspiracy, with prison terms ranging from three years to life.

Al-Timimi's lawyers argued that their client merely suggested that Muslims may want to leave the United States after Sept. 11 because of the potential for a backlash against them.

But he was accused of telling a group of young Muslim men just days after the attack that an apocalyptic battle between Muslims and nonbelievers was at hand and that Muslims were obligated to engage in holy war. He told the group that defense of the Taliban was a requirement and that U.S. troops were a legitimate target, according to court testimony.

Several of the men who heard Al-Timimi's speech traveled days later to Pakistan and began training with a militant Islamic group called Lashkar-e-Taiba, officials said. Some testified that their goal was to obtain training that would allow them to fight alongside the Taliban, though none actually made it to Afghanistan.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162404,00.html

good god these people are all so delusional, they really think dirty bombs and ak-47's can stand up to the worlds greatest nation.
Or maybe they're just eager to be pleasured in heaven by 72 Virginians :thanks:

-Cp said:

Even more so he militated against the united states which equals treason so cry me a river aclu :cry:

Forum List

Back