Now We Know The Truth About Accusing the Right of Being Racists

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
The Daily Caller's "JournoList" expose has finally resolved the matter:

Based on Spencer Ackerman's tactic:

“If the right forces us all to either defend Wright or tear him down, no matter what we choose, we lose the game they’ve put upon us,” Ackerman wrote on the Journolist listserv in April 2008. “Instead, take one of them — Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists.”

Conservatives Karl Rove and Fred Barnes respond to Journolist ‘racist’ post | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

It's out in the open now. The Left uses the racist accusation against the Right, the Tea Party, Conservatives, the GOP... Anyone who critiques prominent lefties or their programs will be falsely attacked as a racist as a diversionary tactic.

More evidence is Sherrod's hateful comment regarding the GOP to Media Matters.

So here's the thing you lefties should understand: we're not falling for it.

The Daily Caller's "JournoList" expose has finally resolved the matter:

Based on Spencer Ackerman's tactic:

“If the right forces us all to either defend Wright or tear him down, no matter what we choose, we lose the game they’ve put upon us,” Ackerman wrote on the Journolist listserv in April 2008. “Instead, take one of them — Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists.”

Conservatives Karl Rove and Fred Barnes respond to Journolist ‘racist’ post | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

It's out in the open now. The Left uses the racist accusation against the Right, the Tea Party, Conservatives, the GOP... Anyone who critiques prominent lefties or their programs will be falsely attacked as a racist as a diversionary tactic.

More evidence is Sherrod's hateful comment regarding the GOP to Media Matters.

So here's the thing you lefties should understand: we're not falling for it.

No, we are not. But the lefties themselves are.

The right will not be able to force the admin to react to these manufacctured stroies anymore.

This last case will make it impossible for them to FORCE immediate action from the WH.

You guys screwed your pooch of false outrage.

Now people will be required (even you righties) to examine these cases slowly and get all the imfo.

I think this is a sign that the right is desperate to negatively effect the midterms because they know they are not going to be able to claim they have a mandate with the few seats they gain.

The right will not be able to force the admin to react to these manufacctured stroies anymore.

This last case will make it impossible for them to FORCE immediate action from the WH.

Now people will be required (even you righties) to examine these cases slowly and get all the imfo.

I think this is a sign that the right is desperate to negatively effect the midterms because they know they are not going to be able to claim they have a mandate with the few seats they gain.

You babble too much.

So the right forced immediate action from the WH?

Thats pretty sad. A blogger forced the White House to act without thinking.

Seems to me the White House has a bigger issue. Maybe they should stop reading blogs as fact....you know....LIKE YOU DO!

Don't you think this administration should have done this all along?

It's also pretty clear that the reason the Left thinks there is a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy is because they have has their own Vast Leftwing version going on:

When I'm talking to people from outside Washington, one question inevitably comes up: Why is the media so liberal? The question often reflects a suspicion that members of the press get together and decide on a story line that favors liberals and Democrats and denigrates conservatives and Republicans.

My response has usually been to say, yes, there's liberal bias in the media, but there's no conspiracy. The liberal tilt is an accident of nature. The media disproportionately attracts people from a liberal arts background who tend, quite innocently, to be politically liberal. If they came from West Point or engineering school, this wouldn't be the case.

Now, after learning I'd been targeted for a smear attack by a member of an online clique of liberal journalists, I'm inclined to amend my response. Not to say there's a media conspiracy, but at least to note that hundreds of journalists have gotten together, on an online listserv called JournoList, to promote liberalism and liberal politicians at the expense of traditional journalism.

My guess is that this and other revelations about JournoList will deepen the distrust of the national press. True, participants in the online clubhouse appear to hail chiefly from the media's self-identified left wing. But its founder, Ezra Klein, is a prominent writer for the Washington Post. Mr. Klein shut down JournoList last month—a wise decision....

Fred Barnes: The Vast Left-Wing Media Conspiracy - WSJ.com

Now that JournoList is dead, there is no doubt a big flurry underway to find a new communication and coordination mechanism for their control and fabrication of the news.

I have never liked how they had to dump people like Van Jones, it is the rights false outrage that made him think he had to or be beat over the head with then Town Hall style.

Now you have used up and killed your scream so loud no one can talk tactic and it is dead.

You will keep trying I know but then this ladies name will be mentioned and it will be the right who sees the polls crater.

Last edited:
Who the hell is Spencer Ackerman and WTF is "The Daily Caller's "JournoList""?

He's someone you never heard of that you must now accept as your spiritual, philosophical, and political leader. Because the right says so.

On the other hand, the dozens of examples of racists on the right?

They're all isolated examples and exceptions to the rule.

He's someone you never heard of that you must now accept as your spiritual, philosophical, and political leader. Because the right says so.

Interesting response.

Typical. Discredit anyone who says anything that may compromise the progressive movement.

Pretty much in line with what the article is all about.

You guys jump all over the right for not looking into the validity of the Sherrod film, but then you guys are ready to discredit another story without looking into the validity of what was uncovered.

Quite hypocritical.

I have never liked how they had to dump people like Van Jones, it is the rights false outrage that made him think he had to or be beat over the head with then Town Hall style.

Now you have used up and killed your scream so loud no one can talk tactic and it is dead.

You will keep trying I know but then this ladies name will be mentioned and it will be the right who sees the polls crater.

Van Jones was forced out becuase he was an admitted communist.

Sadly, the WH did not vet him well enough to know this so some had to "scream" as you so eloquently put it.

You babble too much.

Seems to me the White House has a bigger issue. Maybe they should stop reading blogs as fact....you know....LIKE YOU DO!

Foxnews reported and commented on the dishonestly edited tape as fact. You agree then that Foxnews should not be accepted as a credible source of news?

We will not longer give these right wing tools like Brietbart any respect.

They lie far to often to be trusted.

That is what America has learned

I have never liked how they had to dump people like Van Jones,

Van Jones deserved to be held accountable for his words, philosophy, and policy advocacy. He hoisted himself on his own petard.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMa3l23-rRc]Van Jones Montage[/ame]

Rachel Maddow explains it brilliantly:

Part one

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgvBdlD7xUk]YouTube - Rachel Maddow: Fox News To White People: Be Very Afraid! Black People Are Coming To Get You! Part 1[/ame]

Part Two

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6hCoj9Kg6E]YouTube - Rachel Maddow: Fox News To White People: Be Very Afraid! Black People Are Coming To Get You! Part 2[/ame]

...You guys jump all over the right for not looking into the validity of the Sherrod film, but then you guys are ready to discredit another story without looking into the validity of what was uncovered.

Quite hypocritical.

Which is made all the more humorous when one stops to consider that this is exactly what the White House and the NAACP did. They threw Sherrod under the bus without looking into the validity of the accusations. And all before the story ever aired anywhere but Breitbart.

Even funnier, the NAACP had the ENTIRE tape, uncut.

Here's someo of the Who's Who of JournoList:

The following 65 names are confirmed members of the now-defunct JournoList listserv.
1. Ezra Klein
2. Dave Weigel
3. Matthew Yglesias
4. David Dayen
5. Spencer Ackerman
6. Jeffrey Toobin
7. Eric Alterman
8. Paul Krugman
9. John Judis
10. Eve Fairbanks
11. Mike Allen
12. Ben Smith
13. Lisa Lerer
14. Joe Klein
15. Brad DeLong
16. Chris Hayes
17. Matt Duss
18. Jonathan Chait
19. Jesse Singal
20. Michael Cohen
21. Isaac Chotiner
22. Katha Pollitt
23. Alyssa Rosenberg
24. Rick Perlstein
25. Alex Rossmiller
26. Ed Kilgore
27. Walter Shapiro
28. Noam Scheiber
29. Michael Tomasky
30. Rich Yesels
31. Tim Fernholz
32. Dana Goldstein
33. Jonathan Cohn
34. Scott Winship
35. David Roberts
36. Luke Mitchell
37. John Blevins
38. Moira Whelan
39. Henry Farrell
40. Josh Bearman
41. Alec McGillis
42. Greg Anrig
43. Adele Stan
44. Steven Teles
45. Harold Pollack
46. Adam Serwer
47. Ryan Donmoyer
48. Seth Michaels
49. Kate Steadman
50. Matt Duss
51. Laura Rozen
52. Jesse Taylor
53. Michael Hirsh
54. Daniel Davies
55. Jonathan Zasloff
56. Richard Kim
57. Thomas Schaller
58. Jared Bernstein
59. Holly Yeager
60. Joe Conason
61. David Greenberg
62. Todd Gitlin
63. Mark Schmitt
64. Kevin Drum
65. Sarah Spitz...

American Thinker Blog: Known Journolisters

And we weren't supposed to know about them. This was a group which conspired to make, hide, and manipulate the news for a political agenda. Of course they didn't want anyone to know of their existence.

You babble too much.

Foxnews reported and commented on the dishonestly edited tape as fact. You agree then that Foxnews should not be accepted as a credible source of news?

Nice spin and to be expected from you.

Fox News reported on the sudden and seemingly forced resignation of an FDA appointee; a resignation that apperared to be the product of a film put out by Breitbart that showed her making what appeareed to be racist comments.

The report was not on the film. The report was on the resignation. The film was reported as the reason for the resignation.

Should NBC News have first run an investigation to see if, in fact, OJ definately killed his wife before reporting that OJ Simpson was arrested under accusation of killing his wife?

Get with the program....know what you are criticizing before you cirtiicize.

Forum List

Back