Now we have an assassination czar

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
Obama appoints first ever Assassination Czar - Jersey City Civil Rights | Examiner.com

President Obama appointed John Brennan as the sole person in charge of designating people to be assassinated on Tuesday.

As the Associated Press describes it, "The effort concentrates power over the use of lethal U.S. force outside war zones within one small team at the White House," following criticism that sometimes the C.I.A. kills people whose identities it doesn't even know.

What a country.

Why do we need an assassination czar?

It's not about whether we need it or not, it's just another piece to the puzzle for the powers that be that the peons won't do anything about.

The mainstream media is conspicuously absent on this story, incidentally.

I dont particularly like the idea of us assassinating people.

We've been doing it for decades I would think you'd be used to it by now. It's just that now we're bold enough to appoint one man to delegate the process extra-congressionally.

I never said it was. It's a fucking shame is what it is. Especially when it's American citizens that get targeted.

When someone has the power to kill anyone they think should be killed, we have to really trust that person. I don't like one man, accountable only to Obama, having that power. They don't have to explain themselves to anyone, so can kill anyone who gets in their way. I don't like it. If someone poses such a great danger to our country that they must be removed, rather than arrested and tried, the decision should be made by elected officials and not one single person who can order the assassination of someone in secret.

When someone has the power to kill anyone they think should be killed, we have to really trust that person. I don't like one man, accountable only to Obama, having that power. They don't have to explain themselves to anyone, so can kill anyone who gets in their way. I don't like it. If someone poses such a great danger to our country that they must be removed, rather than arrested and tried, the decision should be made by elected officials and not one single person who can order the assassination of someone in secret.

I'd prefer the determination was made by a jury of his/her peers:)

Obama appoints first ever Assassination Czar - Jersey City Civil Rights | Examiner.com

President Obama appointed John Brennan as the sole person in charge of designating people to be assassinated on Tuesday.

As the Associated Press describes it, "The effort concentrates power over the use of lethal U.S. force outside war zones within one small team at the White House," following criticism that sometimes the C.I.A. kills people whose identities it doesn't even know.

What a country.

Maybe Obama is worried about his OWN ASS?

Forum List

Back