DiogenesDog

Zen Bonobo
May 1, 2006
Wady-Peytona Sector
House to telecoms: Fight your own lawsuits
11/16/2007 @ 7:12 am
Filed by Nick Juliano
Senate panel joins suit, sends immunity-free bill to floor for vote
Democrats scored a pair of victories Thursday in the battle to hold accountable telecommunications companies that allegedly assisted the Bush administration in its efforts to warrantlessly wiretap Americans.

The House late Thursday passed an update to a foreign surveillance law that did not include a Bush-requested provision granting legal immunity to the powerful telecoms. A Senate committee scored a similar win against immunity when it unexpectedly sent to the full Senate a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act revision that did not include immunity.

In the 70s while I was in college one of my jobs was skip tracing for a credit card company. Credit Cards were a new phenomenon and I was good at doing analysis on where purchases were made and finding places where the skip was known and would likely return. This administration wanted everything handed over from the telecoms in the name of "state security". To me that indicates an inability to apply talents to a work ethic and come up with results. I would say something pointed about clerks, admins and other REMFs here but I will save it.

I AM

Surely there is a chip in or a chink in the logic of my narrative.

To me that indicates an inability to apply talents to a work ethic and come up with results.

There have been 18 views and no dissenting comments.

Are you challenged?

I AM

Forum List

Back