Bull Ring Now THIS is some Bull...

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District

Open Bull Ring Challenge: to anyone awake and reading this

Aetna

Hey like I'm in a sleep deprived state, from moving furniture all night long, several days here and there.
I can't keep track, just trying to make deadlines. Don't give a flip anymore. Burned that part of my brain out.

And I run across this video showing a bunch of Ninja level stunt people
"simulating" sleep deprivation and the impact on coordination.

My reaction?
With those glasses, yeah, I wouldn't be able to see what I was doing either!

What a bunch of BULL. I'm sure I can perform BETTER when I'm high on coffee for lack of sleep,
than I can when I'm awake and functioning normally.

Why?

Because normally I can't do those things anyway.

I can't walk a real dog without falling and tripping,
much less some abstract cubic blue plastic sculpture of a dog.

Can't tie a tie, can't pour coffee or anything else without making a mess.
That's how I normally am, without added deprivation.

I figured, when I am sleep deprived, I slow down and take "extra precaution"
because I know I am impaired.

Thus, I should perform better! Anyone else want to bet on that?

Take the sleep deprivation challenge like these super hero good sports in the video.

And tell me you don't perform better
when you've given up given a [flip] at 4 AM after you've been up 36 hours straight.

If people who are drunk as a skunk or flying high on pot perform better impaired.
I know I can, can't you?
Plain Cra - Z - ness,
Just Cra Z Z Z z z z . . . [mmpprrff...Ninja turtles my ass....snork...]

Debate the effects of sleep deprivation? Or actually take this challenge and stay up for 24 or 36 hours? However they long they were awake. Why are they trying to do everything so fast? I think you would be a lot better if you took your time.

What? The person who made those statements is obviously in denial. I don't even understand the point??? Is this person trying to convince him or herself that sleep deprivation doesn't effect him or her or is not unhealthy? That's what it seems like to me. Lol. :rolleyes-41: I am often astounded by the ignorance I see in people. It's so unbelievable. :uhh: There must be way too many people in the world . . . something.

What? The person who made those statements is obviously in denial. I don't even understand the point??? Is this person trying to convince him or herself that sleep deprivation doesn't effect him or her or is not unhealthy? That's what it seems like to me. Lol. :rolleyes-41: I am often astounded by the ignorance I see in people. It's so unbelievable. :uhh: There must be way too many people in the world . . . something.

^ insert sarcasm ^
What ChrisL? Who me?
Naaaahhhh. I operate much more effectively when I have been up for 3 days straight!
I'm more alert and on overdrive!
You should try it! What a rush!

Some of us do quite well on not much sleep, actually. Not everyone requires eight hours a night every night in order to be effective. I'm not saying it healthy, mind you, but for some folks they simply can get by on less without being impaired. Frankly, I've always been jealous of people that can go to sleep the moment their head hits the pillow.

Some of us do quite well on not much sleep, actually. Not everyone requires eight hours a night every night in order to be effective. I'm not saying it healthy, mind you, but for some folks they simply can get by on less without being impaired. Frankly, I've always been jealous of people that can go to sleep the moment their head hits the pillow.

That's how I usually am. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I pretty much pass out for the night. I don't require 8 hours either but also not sleep deprived. I probably usually only sleep 6 or 7 hours a night, but again I fall asleep pretty much immediately on most nights.

Mythbusters sid an experiment on sleep deprivation and driving. Its definitely an impairment.

Forum List

Back