Now this, is a good idea.

Superlative

Mar 13, 2007
July 28, 2007

U.S. Set to Offer Huge Arms Deal to Saudi Arabia
WASHINGTON, July 27 — The Bush administration is preparing to ask Congress to approve an arms sale package for Saudi Arabia and its neighbors that is expected to eventually total $20 billion at a time when some United States officials contend that the Saudis are playing a counterproductive role in Iraq.

The proposed package of advanced weaponry for Saudi Arabia, which includes advanced satellite-guided bombs, upgrades to its fighters and new naval vessels, has made Israel and some of its supporters in Congress nervous. Senior officials who described the package on Friday said they believed that the administration had resolved those concerns, in part by promising Israel $30.4 billion in military aid over the next decade, a significant increase over what Israel has received in the past 10 years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/28/washington/28weapons.html?_r=1&ref=world&oref=slogin

July 27, 2007

Saudis’ Role in Iraq Frustrates U.S. Officials

Now, Bush administration officials are voicing increasing anger at what they say has been Saudi Arabia’s counterproductive role in the Iraq war. They say that beyond regarding Mr. Maliki as an Iranian agent, the Saudis have offered financial support to Sunni groups in Iraq. Of an estimated 60 to 80 foreign fighters who enter Iraq each month, American military and intelligence officials say that nearly half are coming from Saudi Arabia and that the Saudis have not done enough to stem the flow.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/27/world/middleeast/27saudi.html

Sunni's are on our side right?

We're funding the Sunni's as long as they fight the bad guys right?

Were buds with the Sunni's and Saudi Arabia, so they can fight Iran, and the US doesnt have to, right?

Next thing you know we'll be giving some crazy extremist country the ability to have more nuclear plants, even though they havent signed the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty.
Lets hope not.

oh! seems like another wonderful idea of this administration.... fits right in with illegal immigration, securing our borders, port security by the united arab emirates, and miss contempt of congress harriet myers picked as a supreme court justice...

NOT!

Seems like alot of big risks are being taken...Being this poker game has gone on for quite sometime...the stakes on the table show a change in thought,strategy..and show some mean to risk more of the chips..to keep the big pile they have,let alone looks like risking a bit to much...To hold the kettle..or go for the pot....

It's hard to understand the billions..and billions of dollars..in arm sales to keep a balance..and we give 30 billion to a country in donation..to counter the affect on the sales related to arms to it's neighbor...I see no dam profit is a sale like that,this..or that once more.

It's posible as the article says...even Israel is upset with us..Because they are in the lumped in catergory as an ally too.....30 Billion out of our pockets..So we can balance the Iran threat...This shit gets more ridiculous by the day,after going though the Iraq Bologna,and spending billions to counter that threat..(never existed by the way)..and not to forget we are gona be billions more in debt...when Iraq is not taking over all these contracts,we hoped they would during the "Mission Accomplished Phase".

Not to mention the billions being spent on this war..that accomplished nothing..There is,and never was anything to claim a mission accomplished scenario...

I suppose if I was a neighboring country..I'd want the latest surface..to air missles knowing a nuclear armed Iran is in the future..and It'll most likely be a West & East Iran....That's if we pull out...

Odds are...this could drag out,or get to the point so horrible..that the circumstances over there got so bad...when election time does happen..Out of a humanitaian type crisis..there our soldiers will still be...Maybe even a Lib will feel forced to stay the course....Because at this point it would be saving lives..and preventing war atrocities....Because it's almost/has come down to just that!!

If it wasn't for the dam oil over there...we'd of at least appeared to have learned after the Great Crusades the crock of worms one can open over there.....We should of kept it to tourism at the great pyramids in Egypt after WWII..and never adventured beyond that...:)

All these arms being sold..and a gun..(weapon) has one purpose only...To kill.....We spend billions in manufactured goods with just that purpose.....So many of us are fortunate to look at this War..Middle East Policy from the outside...On our TV...or at yahoo news...We're all keyboard warriors..and think we know the facts of life.

Is it possible after the cold war..we did go on an empire spree?....What has always been our intention..on any tax dollar being spent overseas?

Charities have probably shown more..how generous we are..Than our so called Democratic interest in helping a people....

Yes..I know we are the most giving nation in the world...We beat them all....but we spend so much ruffing up the small guy...We seem to always negotiate with the big guys.....

The other thing...is people are more educated in these countries now day...It's not the 70's..or 80..let alone even the 90's anymore.

I have no solution..and those who hesitate..and even care to much..end up with the bullet in there head...

I guess I'm just saying...how stupid this world works.

It's just a fact..if I'm out to get ya...Every bullet I buy..you'll buy two if possible..

I think these neighboring countries around Iraq....have good reason to increase there arsonal..I'd buy 3 bullets if I was them.

Gona be big news..on the arm sales what we GIVE to Iraq to keep order....

If ya think about it...they'll need a 30 billion budget...just to maintain the peace for 48 months after we pull out..(of how many troops..yet to be seen)......Of course our air support..and all the good stuff that comes along with it included.

The country is in such disarray..even being a country in what?..I'm not gona second guess what there oil potential is,was..let alone ever gona be....I remember Bush saying it was gona pay for this dam war..when all said & done.

Billons of more expenditures are coming up..all those countries neighboring Iraq know some major shift in policy is coming up,when it comes to this Iraq blunder...We're a laughing stock of course...but that another story.

You're dam right they want to be armed.....

Then that Lebanon thing....sending them back into the stoneage for a tad.

I'm surprised it's not 60 billion to Israel...and our government telling the truth on the price.The slash in price we are selling these good for..to these neighboring countries..

Just because they pay us 50.00 for every...BMD Shell we build with our sweat...don't mean that we're selling them for that...More like 5.00 a pop...

In a way..we are buying off the neighboring countries after our pull out.

How can we put blame on these countries after our so called failed dream over there?

We really did disrupt the region over there...throw it outa balance...So these large arms sales....is something we created....Profit once again for those who profit in war...

Everyone claims we want to counter Iran....Russia gave in...on the stupidity of the Iraq story...They knew better...so did everyone of our elected officials knew it stunk.

They'll play Iran out..because they know dam well they pose about as much a threat to us..as Iraq did....Bush can't keep crying wolf...

For every 1 Billion we sell in arms over there...Russia is close behind....

Yes US that is how OBL got trained ,in Afganistan with american weapons and support.

That turned out to be a great move.

Once USA leaves or decreases troop sizes, and leaves Iraq to itself. The region will fight for dominance on the back of Iraqi people. It's the first time the region will design itself since the Brits and French. And no foreign power will fill in vacuum which USA left behind. Vacuum will be filled by surrounding states. Iraq lies in the middle of Mid-East it is a bridge for cultural and economical expansion. Like it is currently being demonstrated by Iran ensured by US hand themselves.
The loosers depsite haveing natural wealth will be for many years the Iraqi people themselves. Iraqi people are like Pinguins in a US-created central pool which has 3 more water tunnels connected to 3 side pools with sharks in it.
The barrier from the side pools to enter main pool will open. Be it 2008, 2009 or whatever.

Currently what Pinguins experience are little piranhas called Al-Sadr, Al-Qaeda etc. The big fishes still waiting to enter.
The biggest fish, the white shark, will come from North. Frazzleing everything in front of it.
The other 2 are hammerhead sharks, which will avoid confronting the white shark getting bit, and so will hunt meat and themselves in southern regions.

Yeah that's a good way to win the hearts and minds, sell tons of weapons to people.
This makes it clear that the business of the United States is war, death, and destruction, not peace, not even war for peace.

Forum List

Back