now there's a 110 rd drum for 1022 rifle

abrere

May 28, 2018

notice the handcranked method of getting legal "machinegun like' rates of fire.

I am not a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to guns, but isn’t that a great way to fuck up a riffle? If I’m wrong, let me know.

I am not a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to guns, but isn’t that a great way to fuck up a riffle? If I’m wrong, let me know.

Actually, it is. High rate of fire on your average civilian weapon will result in the barrel overheating after 70 rounds or so, which causes the gun to jam.

I expect a flood of liberals to storm this thread in favor of making/keeping this thing legal given that it most certainly is not used by regular military units, making it NOT a "weapon of war."

I expect a flood of liberals to storm this thread in favor of making/keeping this thing legal given that it most certainly is not used by regular military units, making it NOT a "weapon of war."

No, but Trump said he was going to ban bump stocks, and those hand crank things that make the gun have a higher rate of fire.

That is what makes this weapon illegal.

No, but Trump said he was going to ban bump stocks, and those hand crank things that make the gun have a higher rate of fire.

That is what makes this weapon illegal.
I'm glad. About time our mass murderers started using something truly effective to inflict mass casualties, just like Tim McVeigh.

• Banned
this is not illegal (as of yet). neither is the bumpfire stock or the crank mechanism. Overheating a .22 doesn't hurt it. there's no temper in a .22lr barrel. you can shave pieces off of them with a good knife. if you keep spraying WD40 onto it and into the chamber, you can keep it talking for quite a while.

My 10/22 is one of my favorite guns. But spraying 100 rounds seems ridiculous to me. I would like to see someone shoot accurately while cranking that handle.

• Banned
depends upon what you call "accurately". Did you know that the M60 belt fed, on continuous fire, wont stay in a tighter group than 3 FEET at a mere 50m? :) From prone, with bipod, I can put most of a 20 rd crank "burst" on a man's torso at 100 yds with a 1022 and the crankfiring device. That takes just 1 1/4 second. If all you've got to fight with is a silenced .22lr, burst firing can be a big help. It can easily make rioters and looters decide that they really should go someplace else and be quick about doing so.

depends upon what you call "accurately". Did you know that the M60 belt fed, on continuous fire, wont stay in a tighter group than 3 FEET at a mere 50m? :) From prone, with bipod, I can put most of a 20 rd crank "burst" on a man's torso at 100 yds with a 1022 and the crankfiring device. That takes just 1 1/4 second. If all you've got to fight with is a silenced .22lr, burst firing can be a big help. It can easily make rioters and looters decide that they really should go someplace else and be quick about doing so.

A suppressed .22? Ok, so you spend as much on the suppressor (including the tax stamp) as you do on the rifle?

So you have one of the crank devices? I guess shooting prone it would make a difference. But from a prone position, I can reliably make a head shot at 100 yards. There is virtually no recoil, so I could put 3 or 4 shots on a torso and still have 16 or 17 rounds in the mag.

As for what I call "accurately", with a .22 I expect to be able to hit cans at 50 yards.

As for the suppressor, I'll spend that money on more ammo.

Forum List

Back