Now the Trump admin wants to bypass Congress

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Penelope, Jul 31, 2018.

  1. Penelope
    Offline

    Penelope Platinum Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2014
    Messages:
    31,065
    Thanks Received:
    2,763
    Trophy Points:
    1,145
    Ratings:
    +14,740
    Why give it at all??
     
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  2. Penelope
    Offline

    Penelope Platinum Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2014
    Messages:
    31,065
    Thanks Received:
    2,763
    Trophy Points:
    1,145
    Ratings:
    +14,740
    The main point of this thread is bypassing congress.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Indeependent
    Offline

    Indeependent Platinum Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2013
    Messages:
    30,235
    Thanks Received:
    2,594
    Trophy Points:
    1,115
    Ratings:
    +15,422
    That group of globalist scumbags?
    Good.
     
  4. JGalt
    Offline

    JGalt Platinum Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2011
    Messages:
    12,001
    Thanks Received:
    2,553
    Trophy Points:
    380
    Location:
    North
    Ratings:
    +17,101
    How are those "talking points" and how could any sensible person of any political persuasion disagree?

    After you're done doing your homework, come back and tell me what percentage of tax revenue the top 1% and the top 10% contributes to the government.

    Then tell me how many large companies who create hundreds of jobs, are owned by low-to-middle-class schmucks like yourself, who hardly pay their fair share of this country's tax burden?
     
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. blastoff
    Offline

    blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2009
    Messages:
    18,023
    Thanks Received:
    2,142
    Trophy Points:
    280
    Location:
    In a galaxy far far away...
    Ratings:
    +8,255
    Reminds me of what happened to the U.S. boat manufacturing industry several years ago. The pols thought they had an easy target for bringing in more tax revenue, people who purchase new boats. They reasoned someone laying out tens/hundreds of thousands or more for toys wouldn’t balk at a tax that could add an extra several hundred dollars for smaller boats and well into five figures for the bigger vessels. They got enough money to buy a boat, they’ll pay the tax.

    A great idea that backfired stupendously. New boat sales plummeted, boatbuilders laid off scads of workers, and some companies ended up closing their doors for good as a result. Yeah, the consumers very likely could have afforded the new tax but simply refused to play the pols’ game instead.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. rightwinger
    Offline

    rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

    Top Poster Of Month

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2009
    Messages:
    163,016
    Thanks Received:
    25,185
    Trophy Points:
    2,190
    Ratings:
    +78,472
    Nice analogy but it has one problem

    They don’t all eat equally. When the food comes, the rich guy takes 90 percent of the food while the other nine fight over the remaining 10 percent
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. rightwinger
    Offline

    rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

    Top Poster Of Month

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2009
    Messages:
    163,016
    Thanks Received:
    25,185
    Trophy Points:
    2,190
    Ratings:
    +78,472
    Actually, congress is incapable of doing anything
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Penelope
    Offline

    Penelope Platinum Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2014
    Messages:
    31,065
    Thanks Received:
    2,763
    Trophy Points:
    1,145
    Ratings:
    +14,740
    They say people are born equal and nothing can be further from the truth.
     
  9. Penelope
    Offline

    Penelope Platinum Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2014
    Messages:
    31,065
    Thanks Received:
    2,763
    Trophy Points:
    1,145
    Ratings:
    +14,740
    The ones who paid 14 or more would not be sitting with the ones who paid 2 bucks. Do you understand how stupid this scenario is.
     
  10. C_Clayton_Jones
    Offline

    C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2011
    Messages:
    47,040
    Thanks Received:
    10,077
    Trophy Points:
    2,030
    Location:
    In a Republic, actually
    Ratings:
    +30,578
    The point is that when Obama was accused of doing the same, rightwing hypocrites screamed bloody murder.
     

Share This Page