Now The Mayor Of London Blames The U.S.

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
LONDON, England (CNN) -- London Mayor Ken Livingstone has said that Western "double standards" in the Middle East have contributed to the growth of Islamic extremism and terrorist groups such as al Qaeda.

Livingstone told BBC radio on Wednesday that Western intervention in the Middle East since the end of World War I had been motivated by a desire to control the flow of oil.

While condemning suicide bombings, Livingstone indicated that he recognized the conditions that had led Palestinians to take that route in Israel.

"Under foreign occupation and denied a right to vote, denied the right to run your own affairs ... I suspect that if it had happened here in England we would have produced a lot of suicide bombers ourselves," said Livingstone.

"But I don't just denounce suicide bombers. I denounce those governments which use indiscriminate slaughter to advance their foreign policy."

But Livingstone's comments were rejected by a spokesman for British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

Rest of story:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/20/london.attacks/index.html

What a wanker - Hey Mr. Livingstone! I bet this has NOTHING to do with your liberal immigration policy on allowing TONS of muslims into your country and not screening your mosque's well enough..

VERY stupid of you to blame your closest ally!

:bsflag:

-Cp said:
What a wanker - Hey Mr. Livingstone! I bet this has NOTHING to do with your liberal immigration policy on allowing TONS of muslims into your country and not screening your mosque's well enough..

VERY stupid of you to blame your closest ally!

:bsflag:

Cp, you're scaring me, you're right about something else! England has been coddling and incubating terrorists like crazy for years. Especially the Tamil Tigers, who use England for fundraising and training before returning to Sri Lanka to wreak havoc. England has given them free reign. Likewise with Muslim extremists. England must have thought they wouldn't bite the hand that feeds them. Boom!

nucular said:
Cp, you're scaring me, you're right about something else! England has been coddling and incubating terrorists like crazy for years. Especially the Tamil Tigers, who use England for fundraising and training before returning to Sri Lanka to wreak havoc. England has given them free reign. Likewise with Muslim extremists. England must have thought they wouldn't bite the hand that feeds them. Boom!

would you two get a room already? :D

Forum List

Back