Now THAT'S a pricey tuna sandwich!

How many hungry kids would that fish feed?

How much complete nutrition could be provided for how many hungry children with that dollar amount?

so asking questions about the value of money as aposed to the value of human life is forbidden speach to cons?

How much complete nutrition could be provided for how many hungry children with that dollar amount?

It is probably feeding quite a few.

How many kids could your dog feed? How much nutrition could be provided for how many hungry children if you sold your car?

You missed the point. But you were trying to be cute and clever, right?

It is probably feeding quite a few.

How many kids could your dog feed? How much nutrition could be provided for how many hungry children if you sold your car?

quite a few I guess.

Does that mean I should kill my dog and donate their meat to a shelter?

Does that mean I should sell my car and or donate it?.

No it does not. So what's with your bullshit about the fish? And just who the fuck are you to say who does or does not know the value of money? I'm pretty damn sure the guy who bought that fish knows the value of that fish and that money better than you, and he'll make his money back and then some before all is said and done.

A lesson on capitalism.

The guy spends $800,000 on that tuna.

The fisherman uses that money to buy a second boat...which keeps the boat builders employed, which keeps the boat builder's suppliers employed, which keeps the factory workers employed, which keeps the steel makers employed, which keeps the trucking companies that move that steel employed, which keeps the truck manufacturers employed, that keeps their suppliers employed...etc, etc.

It's their money, who the hell are you to tell them how to spend it. Worse yet, you're just the type to sanction robbery of another's wealth at gunpoint.

She is a liberal. Do you expect anything less then telling others how to spend their money?

A lesson on capitalism.

The fisherman uses that money to buy a second boat...which keeps the boat builders employed, which keeps the boat builder's suppliers employed, which keeps the factory workers employed, which keeps the steel makers employed, which keeps the trucking companies that move that steel employed, which keeps the truck manufacturers employed, that keeps their suppliers employed...etc, etc.

And they all go to the sushi restaurant to celebrate the fact that they still have jobs! Happy ending all around.:eusa_clap:

A lesson on capitalism.

And they all go to the sushi restaurant to celebrate the fact that they still have jobs! Happy ending all around.:eusa_clap:

tuna's bummin'

It works out to be about $96 per serving. Not bad considering kobe beef is abound $90 per serving and Osetra Caviar - Ranges from $90 to $140 per ounce.

It works out to be about $96 per serving.

How do you come by that calculation?

Figure about 40 pounds of waste...head, bones, skin fins guts. So about 553# of usable fish. That's about $1300 per pound before mark-up. Double your market price (at a minimum) and divide by 32 (half ounce portions)..... its japan...and its blue fin tuna.... it goes up from there.

It works out to be about $96 per serving.

Figure about 40 pounds of waste...head, bones, skin fins guts. So about 553# of usable fish. That's about $1300 per pound before mark-up. Double your market price (at a minimum) and divide by 32 (half ounce portions)..... its japan...and its blue fin tuna.... it goes up from there.

How do you come by 40 pounds of waste? Do you have experience gutting and prepping big fish? Just curious as I couldn't begin to guess. Don't assume the head, skin and fins just get thrown out either. And, you have to take into consideration that different parts of the fish are of vastly different value. Not to mention the added value of being THAT fish (which of course also boosts the value of all sushi sold by that restaurant chain). Just seemed like an oddly specific valuation is all.

How do you come by 40 pounds of waste? Do you have experience gutting and prepping big fish? Just curious as I couldn't begin to guess. Don't assume the head, skin and fins just get thrown out either. And, you have to take into consideration that different parts of the fish are of vastly different value. Not to mention the added value of being THAT fish (which of course also boosts the value of all sushi sold by that restaurant chain). Just seemed like an oddly specific valuation is all.

Waste as in... not for shushi. Trust me...nothing of that fish is going to go to waste as in thrown in the garbage. And yes... i am professional. Seafood is not my specialty but part of my job at one point was ordering the seafood ;) Just not all on one fish though....lol.

The price i gave would be the in my opinion...a starting price per serving.

Last edited:
go whine at the jap

I know it's a real long word, but it's "Japanese."

nip it
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAlIteA_SK8"]Bugs Bunny - 104 - Nips The Nips - YouTube[/ame]

I just found this again after 30 years of looking off and on. I saw it once in a 1970's afternoon Loony Toons show and never again, but the last soldier he knocks off stuck with me. So I was so happy to find it again, and if you have a problem with my posting something that is historically accurate, all be it racist in nature, STFU and go burn a copy of Huck Finn to make you feel better.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del

New Topics

Forum List

Back