Now That Whites Are A Minority, Whe Can We Get Government Aid?

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
I know people get a lot of government aid because they are in, what is considered, the minority. It should fall to reason then......

------

EL PASO, Texas (AP) - Texas has become the fourth state to have a non-white majority population, the U.S. Census Bureau said Thursday, a trend driven by a surging number of Hispanics moving to the state.

According to the population estimates based on the 2000 Census, about 50.2 percent of Texans are now minorities. In the 2000 Census, minorities made up about 47 percent of the population in the second-largest state.

Texas joins California, New Mexico and Hawaii as states with majority-minority populations - with Hispanics the largest group in every state but Hawaii, where it is Asian-Americans.

Five other states - Maryland, Mississippi, Georgia, New York and Arizona - aren't far behind, with about 40 percent minorities.

Public policy analysts said these states and the country as a whole need to bring minority education and professional achievement to the levels of whites. Otherwise, these areas risk becoming poorer and less competitive.

William Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C., said lawmakers need to start with immigration reform, while striving to bring minorities' education and salary levels in line with Anglos.

"Immigration is good for the United States ... it's important for us to keep our doors open, but we need to keep an eye on the people coming in," Frey said. "While initially it will be a state problem, eventually it will be a national issue, and education is the best way to deal with it."

Complications from the cultural shift aren't likely to be exclusive to states that already have majority-minority populations, Frey said.

Nevada, for instance, has seen a massive influx of minorities in the last 15 years, reducing the percentage of Anglos since the 1990s from nearly 80 percent to about 60 percent. Such a rapid shift is likely to cause growing pains that include trying to balance the needs of a bigger and younger minority community with an aging Anglo community, Frey said.

"That's the kind of state that is going to have to deal with quick transition," Frey said.

Though some areas may never see this shift, the country as a whole is expected to continue the trend first noticed more than a decade ago.

The nation should be more than half minorities by 2050, said Steve Murdock, a demographer at the University of Texas at San Antonio.

"If you look in the 1990s, in every one of the 50 states, non-Anglo Hispanic populations grew faster than Anglo populations," Murdock said. "It's a very pervasive pattern."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050811/D8BTJN0O0.html

GotZoom said:
I know people get a lot of government aid because they are in, what is considered, the minority. It should fall to reason then......

------

EL PASO, Texas (AP) - Texas has become the fourth state to have a non-white majority population, the U.S. Census Bureau said Thursday, a trend driven by a surging number of Hispanics moving to the state.

According to the population estimates based on the 2000 Census, about 50.2 percent of Texans are now minorities. In the 2000 Census, minorities made up about 47 percent of the population in the second-largest state.

Texas joins California, New Mexico and Hawaii as states with majority-minority populations - with Hispanics the largest group in every state but Hawaii, where it is Asian-Americans.

Five other states - Maryland, Mississippi, Georgia, New York and Arizona - aren't far behind, with about 40 percent minorities.

Public policy analysts said these states and the country as a whole need to bring minority education and professional achievement to the levels of whites. Otherwise, these areas risk becoming poorer and less competitive.

William Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C., said lawmakers need to start with immigration reform, while striving to bring minorities' education and salary levels in line with Anglos.

"Immigration is good for the United States ... it's important for us to keep our doors open, but we need to keep an eye on the people coming in," Frey said. "While initially it will be a state problem, eventually it will be a national issue, and education is the best way to deal with it."

Complications from the cultural shift aren't likely to be exclusive to states that already have majority-minority populations, Frey said.

Nevada, for instance, has seen a massive influx of minorities in the last 15 years, reducing the percentage of Anglos since the 1990s from nearly 80 percent to about 60 percent. Such a rapid shift is likely to cause growing pains that include trying to balance the needs of a bigger and younger minority community with an aging Anglo community, Frey said.

"That's the kind of state that is going to have to deal with quick transition," Frey said.

Though some areas may never see this shift, the country as a whole is expected to continue the trend first noticed more than a decade ago.

The nation should be more than half minorities by 2050, said Steve Murdock, a demographer at the University of Texas at San Antonio.

"If you look in the 1990s, in every one of the 50 states, non-Anglo Hispanic populations grew faster than Anglo populations," Murdock said. "It's a very pervasive pattern."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050811/D8BTJN0O0.html

Naaa I'm afraid we are in for it for years---whites have left thier mark on everything in American society and there's a lot to get rid of before we are off the hook.

And I'd be willing to bet 80% of the hispanic population in America today are wetbacks.

We need a damn war, right here in America.

Nah. I dont want handouts. too much pride for that. Ill take handouts from Church but not the government because then i see the people im getting help with and i will always know they did it out of love and not begrudgingly.

I wonder if the people who wrote this story realize that in the 2000 census 48% of hispanics described themselves as white and many don't even speak spanish anymore. At least that's the case for my cousin who has brown hair and blue eyes, my Aunt was from Mexico and a European and Indian mix.

When ever the census talkes about hispanics it always says "hispanics can be of ANY race". So, are 2nd generation white hispanics any more a minority than 2nd generation white Italians??? Cameron Diaz's father is Honduran but I wouldn't look at her and see a minority in need of special gov. assistance just because someone from her family came from a Latin American country.

we should be considered the minority now...

what i want to know is if i have a case with programs for small business funding...i went and spent a few hours at the library, looking through books that explain the different types of government and private lending that help small businesses get started. i am looking for funding, hopefully by next summer.

I saw that the section in one book, i noted 50-60% more GOVERNMENT BACKED programs than ones for whites and women only combined--programs that assist only minorities-meaning they are based upon skin color. so though i have SOME programs available to me as a woman, minorities are given more opportunites, and EASIER ones at that, just because they happened to be born a specific race.

to me, this is BLATANT discrimination against whites and does not promote equal opportunity. if it were equal, there would not be any special programs just for people of a race other than white.

seriously, do i have a legitimate complaint?

fuzzykitten99 said:

what i want to know is if i have a case with programs for small business funding...i went and spent a few hours at the library, looking through books that explain the different types of government and private lending that help small businesses get started. i am looking for funding, hopefully by next summer.

I saw that the section in one book, i noted 50-60% more GOVERNMENT BACKED programs than ones for whites and women only combined--programs that assist only minorities-meaning they are based upon skin color. so though i have SOME programs available to me as a woman, minorities are given more opportunites, and EASIER ones at that, just because they happened to be born a specific race.

to me, this is BLATANT discrimination against whites and does not promote equal opportunity. if it were equal, there would not be any special programs just for people of a race other than white.

Yes you do.

Can anything be done about it?

No, and if you complain publicly, you will be labeled a racist.

But if you choose to anyway, throw in support for starting White History Month, The United Caucasian College Fund, and who can forget, The National Association For the Advance of White People.

fuzzykitten99 said:

you are not a white,male Christian...then you have zero help...which is good I suppose cause it makes you try harder.....
Personally I think we should do away with all government grants...the ACLU and the Trilateral all are against our best interests!

GotZoom said:
Yes you do.

Can anything be done about it?

No, and if you complain publicly, you will be labeled a racist.

But if you choose to anyway, throw in support for starting White History Month, The United Caucasian College Fund, and who can forget, The National Association For the Advance of White People.

they can call me a racist if they want. its just a label. does not mean people who know me, will think that. plus i think many people in this state are coming around to see the hypocricy that the liberals have bestowed upon us.

i don't like to make a stink just for the sake of attention, but i think this NEEDS attention. really, i think it is government-sponsored discrimination.

Forum List

Back