Now that the world knows..........

I see that some will abandon all sense of humor this election season.:eusa_whistle:

Gee, I think the enire thread is a hoot! However, for reasons posted above, I am not out of touch with the sensibilities of large numbers of people.

I have to say this.

If he ate dog meat when he was a kid, I am not going to hold that against him. It seems gross to me, but then so does eating Escargot (sp?) or other things that people in other lands eat.

I'm sure there are people who think our reliance on beef is pretty disgusting... Hindus maybe?

Immie

Here in KY, outsiders who move in think we are savages because we eat 'Bambi.' But venison is good wild game around here as is squirred, wild turkey, and a host of other things. Disney created a PC argument when he made the movie 'Bambi.'

I've only had venison once and that was just a small piece. For some reason, my dad didn't like it, so we never had it at home. Trust me, dad's dislike of venison had nothing to do with not wanting to eat "Bambi".

I've never had squirrel either and not sure I would care to eat it... wait, I know you are going to tell me it tastes like chicken... squirrels are just rodents and rats are rodents... not something I plan on putting on my menu anytime soon.

Wild turkey? From the bottle? ymmmmm! ;)

Immie

Well, at least Romney's dog lived.

We don't know that.

Every time one of the Romney's talks about it, they tell a different story. Mittens said the dog died of old age, his son tweeted they 'gave him away' and Ann said they gave the dog away.

Which is it and why do they have to lie about EVERYTHING??

Are you saying it's not possible that the dog died of old age after they gave it away?

I have to say this.

If he ate dog meat when he was a kid, I am not going to hold that against him. It seems gross to me, but then so does eating Escargot (sp?) or other things that people in other lands eat.

I'm sure there are people who think our reliance on beef is pretty disgusting... Hindus maybe?

Immie

Here in KY, outsiders who move in think we are savages because we eat 'Bambi.' But venison is good wild game around here as is squirred, wild turkey, and a host of other things. Disney created a PC argument when he made the movie 'Bambi.'

I've only had venison once and that was just a small piece. For some reason, my dad didn't like it, so we never had it at home. Trust me, dad's dislike of venison had nothing to do with not wanting to eat "Bambi".

I've never had squirrel either and not sure I would care to eat it... wait, I know you are going to tell me it tastes like chicken... squirrels are just rodents and rats are rodents... not something I plan on putting on my menu anytime soon.

Immie

LOL. Funny post. Venison has a 'wild' taste but there are people who know how to cook it so you don't notice it. Same with squirrel. And yes, they are rhodents, but they have a fair amount of meat. There are no health reasons not to eat them. At Colonial Williamsburg last week, we ate at a restaurant called The Fat Canary, and I had quail. I love quail but unless I find it on a restaurant menu, I don't eat it much. It was really good, no wild taste at all. You can marinate 'bird' in Italian dressing then grill it and that is really delicious.

I see that some will abandon all sense of humor this election season.:eusa_whistle:

I think some never had a sense of humor to begin with. Hard to have nice chats with folks who take everything literally or won't unclench their fists.

Immie

LOL. Funny post. Venison has a 'wild' taste but there are people who know how to cook it so you don't notice it. Same with squirrel. And yes, they are rhodents, but they have a fair amount of meat. There are no health reasons not to eat them. At Colonial Williamsburg last week, we ate at a restaurant called The Fat Canary, and I had quail. I love quail but unless I find it on a restaurant menu, I don't eat it much. It was really good, no wild taste at all. You can marinate 'bird' in Italian dressing then grill it and that is really delicious.

Well, at least you didn't say it tastes like chicken.

People here in Florida eat gator tail. I have yet to try it because there are not that many places that I know of that serve it. Hopefully, before I leave, I will get the chance.

Immie

Immie

Well, at least you didn't say it tastes like chicken.

People here in Florida eat gator tail. I have yet to try it because there are not that many places that I know of that serve it. Hopefully, before I leave, I will get the chance.

Immie

They serve gator in Nashville when a TN team is playing FL.

IMO, only chicken tastes like chicken.

Forum List

Back