Now that the good guys are in charge, is it time to revisit the 14th amendment?

New wide-ranging analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies‘ Steven Camarotta reveals that there are an estimated 28,000 births to illegal aliens every year in the Los Angeles metro area, exceeding the total number of U.S. births in 14 states and the District of Columbia.

The children of illegal aliens are commonly known as “anchor babies,” as they anchor their illegal alien and noncitizen parents in the U.S. and eventually are allowed to bring an unlimited number of foreign relatives to the country through the process known as “chain migration.”

More Anchor Baby Births in Los Angeles than Total U.S. Births in 14 States

If you want to stop the flies from buzzing around you, close the pancake syrup container if you're going to sit outside.

For years the left has been telling us we don't need a wall, just a heavy fine or prison time for employers who hire illegals. Well I have to agree with that, but I also think that anchor babies are just as much of a problem. Come to the US, find a way to stay for a few months, and pop out a baby(s) so you have an excuse to have to be here.

Time for that to stop.

The ONLY way to repeal or change the 14th amendment--requires a 2/3's vote in the senate, a 2/3's vote in the house, then it has to be ratified by 38 state legislatures.

The odds of that happening are ZERO TO NONE.

screenshot_2017-02-22_11.07.39.png

So who's talking about repeal? I'm talking about this opportunity to restore the meaning of the 14th with Kavanaugh which is that it had noting to do with anchor babies.

The plain English says babies born in America. It does not specify some babies, it says all babies born in America. That is the meaning. If it was supposed to mean something else then it should have been worded differently.

The 14th amendment has been misinterpreted for decades.
If both parents are not citizens and they are here illegally, then their offspring are not citizens.
There are 7 billion people on the planet.
If we don't control our immigration it will destroy our country.
All countries have the right to control their border crossings and immigration.

You are right that countries can control their border crossings.

Know why we get soo much flack?

Our history, our propaganda and this:

iu

Now, shut down the hypocrisy train, remove the statue, declare this the New Trump Deal where only elderly parents of foreign born trophy wives can immigrate and ppl will just say, "huh, them jerks".

The statue is fine, it's the plaque that needs to go since it wasn't added until years after the statue was erected when somebody decided to make it.

See?

You want to change the Constitution!
It sounds like he wants judicial activism. To change the 14th, we need an amendment to repeal it.

I want the 14th gone, just like the other guys, but I will not give in to judicial activism to do it. I have principles.

Judicial activism is inserting things into a law or right that was never there before. In this case, it's a conflict of two opinions of what the 14th was designed for. That's what the Supreme Court is supposed to determine. I believe that it was created for former slaves and their children, and some believe it was created for anchor babies which there was no such thing at the time.
For at least the THIRD time, the sponsor of the amendment was unequivocal. YOU are the one being the "activist" who wants to invent things that are not there. You are the one being anti-Constitution.

Over and over, you pseudocons prove you are for the Constitution except when you aren't.

Which Constitution? The real one or the one you leftists think it is?

See?

It sounds like he wants judicial activism. To change the 14th, we need an amendment to repeal it.

I want the 14th gone, just like the other guys, but I will not give in to judicial activism to do it. I have principles.

Judicial activism is inserting things into a law or right that was never there before. In this case, it's a conflict of two opinions of what the 14th was designed for. That's what the Supreme Court is supposed to determine. I believe that it was created for former slaves and their children, and some believe it was created for anchor babies which there was no such thing at the time.
Going strictly off the text, anchor babies are allowed. To interpret it otherwise would be a misinterpretation of the text.

We need it repealed.

And, fuck anchor babies!

I seriously doubt you'll ever witness a repeal of any amendment in your lifetime or mine. That's why it needs to be looked at and interpreted it for it's intent.

Perhaps that's how you look at it from your myopic view. But by the good guys, I mean constitutionalists.
Are you attempting to somehow argue that the people behind the 14th didn't think all people born here would be citizens, and perhaps they didn't understand the consequences, so we need to interpret the words.? LOL

The amendment was not written for anchor babies. It needs to be interpreted properly to stop anchor babies from being born here.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
How do you know it wasn't written for anchor babies. It was EXPLICITLY written to keep Americans from importing foreign workers.

The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution - Fourteenth Amendment - anchor babies and birthright citizenship - interpretations and misinterpretations - US Constitution
Try a real scholarly website.
https://lawdigitalcommons.bc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1049&context=twlj

I'll do that when I have a week to kill. I'm sure you read it about a dozen times already? :auiqs.jpg:

New wide-ranging analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies‘ Steven Camarotta reveals that there are an estimated 28,000 births to illegal aliens every year in the Los Angeles metro area, exceeding the total number of U.S. births in 14 states and the District of Columbia.

The children of illegal aliens are commonly known as “anchor babies,” as they anchor their illegal alien and noncitizen parents in the U.S. and eventually are allowed to bring an unlimited number of foreign relatives to the country through the process known as “chain migration.”

If you want to stop the flies from buzzing around you, close the pancake syrup container if you're going to sit outside.

For years the left has been telling us we don't need a wall, just a heavy fine or prison time for employers who hire illegals. Well I have to agree with that, but I also think that anchor babies are just as much of a problem. Come to the US, find a way to stay for a few months, and pop out a baby(s) so you have an excuse to have to be here.

Time for that to stop.

So your goal is to reduce the demand for our real estate?

I fear loans off our projected real estate values churn our economy. Ask George Bush what happens when imiginary value disappears and ppl have to make the payments they signed up for.

I'll meet you on stopping illegal immigration if we can double the number of legal inmigrands next year. I have looked to the Big Government past and decided we should apply what we learned from The Homestead Act to our empty cities in the Midwest and East.

So in other words you want the US to look like China in another 50 years or so. We currently allow one million new people a year in this country.

Don’t worry about real estate. I believe it was Roy Rogers who once said “Buy land. God ain’t making any more of it.”

Look like China....as in a growing world power? Yes.

Overcrowded, we'll deal with that when it gets close. All I see are empty cities and worthless property a dying empire is trying to maintain for its soft citizen elite. When that property gets worthless tax revenue goes down and folks can't borrow money to push the day of reckoning a few calendar pages further down. Look at all the trouble we had a decade ago. Too bad there wasn't more demand for our real estate.

What we are good at is bringing people in and "making them American". It takes a few years and we should embrace it.

Well when we become overcrowded (and it will happen way down the road) it will be too late to do anything about it. That's like running into traffic to cross the street and saying I'll worry about it when I get hit.

If you really want to see property value go down, look no further than our southern border where illegals pile into 2 bedroom homes with ten people.

Time for that to stop.

Not really.

You see immigration as a problem... most sensible people don't.

Sensible people like who, liberals who don't have a job and not have to worry about low wages because of foreigners?

Time for that to stop.

I fear loans off our projected real estate values churn our economy. Ask George Bush what happens when imiginary value disappears and ppl have to make the payments they signed up for.

I'll meet you on stopping illegal immigration if we can double the number of legal inmigrands next year. I have looked to the Big Government past and decided we should apply what we learned from The Homestead Act to our empty cities in the Midwest and East.

So in other words you want the US to look like China in another 50 years or so. We currently allow one million new people a year in this country.

Don’t worry about real estate. I believe it was Roy Rogers who once said “Buy land. God ain’t making any more of it.”

Overcrowded, we'll deal with that when it gets close. All I see are empty cities and worthless property a dying empire is trying to maintain for its soft citizen elite. When that property gets worthless tax revenue goes down and folks can't borrow money to push the day of reckoning a few calendar pages further down. Look at all the trouble we had a decade ago. Too bad there wasn't more demand for our real estate.

What we are good at is bringing people in and "making them American". It takes a few years and we should embrace it.

Well when we become overcrowded (and it will happen way down the road) it will be too late to do anything about it. That's like running into traffic to cross the street and saying I'll worry about it when I get hit.

If you really want to see property value go down, look no further than our southern border where illegals pile into 2 bedroom homes with ten people.

Hey, you are talking about a good number of our ancestors there living in them old style brick duplexes.

I'll tell ya what, the longer term tax base/military problem we are going to have with our lack of a birth rate in the U.S. is a future problem.

For our property value problem, would you support a plan that ties the amount of new residential properties that can be built nationally to population increase?

The 14th amendment has been misinterpreted for decades.
If both parents are not citizens and they are here illegally, then their offspring are not citizens.
There are 7 billion people on the planet.
If we don't control our immigration it will destroy our country.
All countries have the right to control their border crossings and immigration.

You are right that countries can control their border crossings.

Know why we get soo much flack?

Our history, our propaganda and this:

iu

Now, shut down the hypocrisy train, remove the statue, declare this the New Trump Deal where only elderly parents of foreign born trophy wives can immigrate and ppl will just say, "huh, them jerks".

The statue is fine, it's the plaque that needs to go since it wasn't added until years after the statue was erected when somebody decided to make it.

kn062518dAPR20180626014528.jpg

Time for that to stop.

Hey, you are talking about a good number of our ancestors there living in them old style brick duplexes.

I'll tell ya what, the longer term tax base/military problem we are going to have with our lack of a birth rate in the U.S. is a future problem.

For our property value problem, would you support a plan that ties the amount of new residential properties that can be built nationally to population increase?

There is no property value problem in the US. For most of us, value goes up all the time and taxes along with it.

And what is this obsession with birth rate? WTF cares if we don't grow larger except leftists who use that as an excuse for open borders? We have too many people here now. We were fine when we had 300 million people, 280 million people, 180 million people.

Time for that to stop.

I agree you have no clue about the topic.

See?

For at least the THIRD time, the sponsor of the amendment was unequivocal. YOU are the one being the "activist" who wants to invent things that are not there. You are the one being anti-Constitution.

Over and over, you pseudocons prove you are for the Constitution except when you aren't.
The basis for their argument was summed up by Judge Posner. "The purpose of the rule was to grant citizenship to the recently freed slaves, and the exception for children of foreign diplomats and heads of state shows that Congress does not read the citizenship clause of the Fourteenth Amendment literally. Orforgi v.Ashcroft, 354 F3d 620-21. That is, the 14th was only intended to apply to former slaves.

And opponents of birthright citizenship argue the drafters and ratifiers of the 14th could not anticipate the illegal immigration of the 20-21st centuries of people seeking jobs. Jobs that pay less than that American citizens must be legally paid.

Nicole Newman, Birthright Citizenship: The Fourteenth Amendment's Continuing Protection Against an

American Caste System, 28 B.C. Third World L.J. 437 (2008), Digital Commons @ Boston College Law School | Boston College Law School Research

twlj/vol28/iss2/6 page 457-60 A link is in this thread.
But as the article argues, unless the 14th provides birthright citizenship to all people - blacks or Asians like Wong Kim Ark or any group who could be imported and used for labor - nothing prohibited creating new "caste" system of cheap and politically impotent labor.

And I'd be all for it if congress wanted to fine employers egregious sums for intentionally hiring illegal immigrants and being very mean to them by deporting them to places thousands of miles from their homes.

How can we get this 14th Amendment issue on Trump's to do list?

It shouldn't be that hard. Its a cruel and heartless initiative that will go nowhere; right up ya'll's alley.

Yup, it may go nowhere, but a heck of a lot of fun watching you libs react.

It'll be lots of fun watching you guys explain your position in 8 years or so. The scorched earth policy you guys have enacted will not bode well for the long term prospects of the GOP.

Yikes, I'm not seeing any scorched earth lately, maybe it's just your trailer park.

Time for that to stop.

Center for Immigration Studies

We see you... we know who you are Center for Immigration Studies...

kkk-seig-heil-1185x675.jpg

post your hate somewhere else...

There is no property value problem in the US. For most of us, value goes up all the time and taxes along with it.

And what is this obsession with birth rate? WTF cares if we don't grow larger except leftists who use that as an excuse for open borders? We have too many people here now. We were fine when we had 300 million people, 280 million people, 180 million people.

My views are bigger and longer term. I'm thinking about the rise and fall of empires here, not quarterly reports.

Geographic isolation won is the last century. Don't rest on your laurels. Our natural place in the world might be where we were in 1912.

Time for that to stop.

The 14th amendment is the one they use. That one states anyone born in America is an American citizen. Illegals have no problem popping out babies in America. Collecting every social service they can.

The 14th was put in there so the children of ex slaves would be recognized as America citizens. Its not needed anymore.

The Congress should boot the 14th thereby getting rid of the anchor baby bullshit that illegals use. Oh and they use it in the territories as well. No anchor baby. No welfare, Medicaid, food stamps or anything else.

Save we the taxpayer billions.

Build the damned wall to keep all them out.

Then you have to pass a constitutional amendment. The language in the amendment is clear. "All babies born", not some or all but. The current interpretation is exactly what it says.

To hell with a wall.

Time for that to stop.

The only thing you are concerned about is that alt-right haters like you will be out of business. The Republican Party is dying a slow death.

So how do we determine who is a citizen or not?

You apply for citizenship like the million people we allow to become citizens every year. Just being born here should not make you an automatic citizen. You should only be considered a citizen if your parents were citizens when you were born.

It doesn't matter what you think or what you want.

According to the 14th amendment everyone born here in America is a natural born citizen.

There's nothing you or anyone can do about it.

Deal with it.

Well, that's not really true. It, like every part of the Constitution can be changed or "amended". It is a hard process, but it can be done.

Just an FYI for those who do not know… As I recall, when prohibition was lifted…it took another amendment to do so. I don’t know if that is the only avenue but one would think it would be since all other avenues would be much, easier.

It shouldn't be that hard. Its a cruel and heartless initiative that will go nowhere; right up ya'll's alley.

It'll be lots of fun watching you guys explain your position in 8 years or so. The scorched earth policy you guys have enacted will not bode well for the long term prospects of the GOP.

Yikes, I'm not seeing any scorched earth lately, maybe it's just your trailer park.

When you guys try to start talking fiscal responsibility, family values, traditional values, etc… it will be fun to point out how you have kissed the orange pervert’s ass for the last two years; and you’re fully prepared to do so for another two years despite the lies he tells, the felons he hires, the damage being inflicted. Again, you guys have the battered wife syndrome

When you guys try to start talking fiscal responsibility, family values, traditional values, etc… it will be fun to point out how you have kissed the orange pervert’s ass for the last two years; and you’re fully prepared to do so for another two years despite the lies he tells, the felons he hires, the damage being inflicted. Again, you guys have the battered wife syndrome

Wow, can't wait to find out how you folks will feel after 8 years...dumbass.

Forum List

Back