Now that Osama bin Laden has been killed is it OK to build the Ground Zero Mosque ??

Now that the American people have gotten their revenge with the death of Osama bin Laden.

Would be building of the so called Ground Zero Mosque now be a non-issue? :cool:

sure after you provide that comprehensive list of congratulations from all those Muslim
' moderates' out there.....how about the guy who's trying to build it/ did he go on the record? I'd be interested in seeing that....

About a month ago Imam Rauf came to our mosque and I was able to sit down and talk with him one to one.

He is a very patriotic and loyal American who wants to see democracy spread around the world.

In the last chapter of his latest book, "What's Right with America; What"s Right with Islam".

Imam Rauf supports America being in Afghanistan and hunting bin Laden.

He told me that Park 51 is not a mosque but a community cultural center for both Muslims and non-Muslims.

Yes it will also have a mosque.

But will be more like a YMCA for the community with swimming pool and exercise rooms.

There's no pretty sure about it. I am absolutely saying, and have made it abundantly clear that I think they should CHOOSE not to build it. Sallow is just being dishonest, and it's becoming abundantly clear to me that that is a business as usual tactic for the left winged posters on this site.

Out of curiosity, how far away would be appropriate to build it in your opinion?

Now that the American people have gotten their revenge with the death of Osama bin Laden.

Would be building of the so called Ground Zero Mosque now be a non-issue? :cool:

sure after you provide that comprehensive list of congratulations from all those Muslim
' moderates' out there.....how about the guy who's trying to build it/ did he go on the record? I'd be interested in seeing that....

About a month ago Imam Rauf came to our mosque and I was able to sit down and talk with him one to one.

He is a very patriotic and loyal American who wants to see democracy spread around the world.

In the last chapter of his latest book, "What's Right with America; What"s Right with Islam".

He told me that Park 51 is not a mosque but a community cultural center for both Muslims and non-Muslims.

But will be more like a YMCA for the community with swimming pool and exercise rooms.

did he make a public statement in sppt. of Osamas end?I'll let the rest go for now.....

Last edited:

did he make a public statement in sppt. of Osamas end?I'll let the rest go for now.....
Yes, Imam Rauf came out and publicly stated that he applauded the death of bin Laden and hope this decade of terrorism is now over with.

What people don't seem to grasp is that approximately 800 yards away from the proposed site is a mosque that he heads has been there for over 30 years.

So on 911 Imam Rauf and other Muslims were also affected and were first responders to the disaster.

Yes, Imam Rauf came out and publicly stated that he applauded the death of bin Laden and hope this decade of terrorism is now over with.

What people don't seem to grasp is that approximately 800 yards away from the proposed site is a mosque that he heads has been there for over 30 years.

So on 911 Imam Rauf and other Muslims were also affected and were first responders to the disaster.

Why do they need a mosque there if there is already one 800 yards away? This is a bullshit spit it in the face to everyone who lost someone on 9/11.

Oh, you got any evidence to support your claim that he applauded the death of Bin Laden?

There's no pretty sure about it. I am absolutely saying, and have made it abundantly clear that I think they should CHOOSE not to build it. Sallow is just being dishonest, and it's becoming abundantly clear to me that that is a business as usual tactic for the left winged posters on this site.

Out of curiosity, how far away would be appropriate to build it in your opinion?

One mile would be appropriate in my book, and certainly not anywhere where debris fell.

No it is not okay and here is why. It is PERCEIVED to be a symbol of victory by Islam. Is that the intent? I personally believe it is, but won't go so far as to claim that as fact. It's irrelevant what is fact though. Image is EVERYTHING in this country. You don't take a dump on the feelings of those you claim to want to build a bridge with. You just don't.

At worst, it's an actual spit in our face, at best it's bad PR for a religion that desperately needs to avoid bad PR in this country.

Now let me ask you this Sunni. How would Pakistan, and Muslims world wide , react if a Christian Church were built over the site of Bin Laden's death? Not that it would EVER be allowed, but let's play what if.

Aye aye aye

Perceived symbol of victory by islam? With such a general statement like that I'm sure we could find all sorts of american muslim groups who would say that? Oh there's none? Wow

You believe he wants to build a community center, where non-muslim New Yorkers are allowed in, to "dump on the feelings" of non-muslim New Yorkers? You're usually a good poster, but this was a pretty pathetic post.

Don't say our to include everyone, it's spitting on my face when americans are urged not to exercise their basic rights. It's not bad PR to me or the enormous amount of americans and New Yorkers who have no problem with it.

Who gives a damn about other countries and their reactions? We're americans, we're supposed to set the bar higher.

One mile would be appropriate in my book, and certainly not anywhere where debris fell.

That's how the Pakistanis would do it, eh?

Why do they need a mosque there if there is already one 800 yards away? This is a bullshit spit it in the face to everyone who lost someone on 9/11.

Oh, you got any evidence to support your claim that he applauded the death of Bin Laden?
The old mosque is way too small to support the large Muslim community in that area.

What he is wanting to build is a very large community center that will have classrooms and a gymnasium and a swimming pool plus a mosque.

Just Google Imam Rauf talkss about the demise of bin Laden.

And you Will see exactly what his views are on the issue of Osama and wiping out global terrorism.

Imam Rauf wants all American Muslims to assmulate into American society and culture .

And he wants the process to speed up so that American Muslims will no longer be treated as second-class citizens.

Can we build churches around the area he was killed?

Or will the locals get Egyptian on the christian asses?

Two Thumbs, you're a good poster but this is something that I don't get.

What's the point of comparing us to another country? What happened to us being proud that we're on our own level of accepting others views and promoting diversity?

Would you also not want churches built near Ground Zero if the perps happened to be christian? Or is it only Islam we should hold to that standard?

What's the point of comparing us to another country? What happened to us being proud that we're on our own level of accepting others views and promoting diversity?

Would you also not want churches built near Ground Zero if the perps happened to be christian? Or is it only Islam we should hold to that standard?

Lets say it was Baptist that destroyed the Towers and killed nearly 3000 Americans.

[I think baptist only go up to bishop]

Lets say a top Baptist leader, with distant connections to the terror wing of the baptist chuch says he wants to build a peace church near the Towers.

I'd tell him to fuck off, and show some respect for the people that were murdered that day.

It's a manners, and repsect issue for me. If he actrually wanted to build this bridge the claims, he would request some portion of the Tower to be used to build a mosque, far away, in NYC, where muslims actually live. There is no large muslim community where he claims there to be one.

I feel the same way when dealing with the clan, black panthers, naacp, neo-nazis, preist raping kids, etc, etc.

Wrong is wrong. You don't get to demand what you will not give, and expect me to say; "oh, it's ok to be a fucking asshole, b/c our Constitution says so."

Is it Constitutional to build the mosque in NYC, next to GZ? sure it is. It's also an asshole thing to do, and I will remind and remind people that muslims do not tolerate, in the ME, what they demand here.

fyi; Sunni man brags that we will one day be muslims under shira law.

The building of this mosque is an American issue and only concerns Americans.

What they do in other countries is their business and doesn't concern me at all.

Sure you can make up all the "What if" stories that you want.

But the bottom line is that we are American citizens and have the constitutional right to build the mosque anywhere that we please.

So quit treating us like second-class citizens and get a grip that we are as American as you.

The building of this mosque is an American issue and only concerns Americans.

What they do in other countries is their business and doesn't concern me at all.

Sure you can make up all the "What if" stories that you want.

But the bottom line is that we are American citizens and have the constitutional right to build the mosque anywhere that we please.

So quit treating us like second-class citizens and get a grip that we are as American as you.

oh krist, the race card.

Ok, my fellow American, how about you show some fucking respect for your fellow Americans that were murdered?

Is that too much to ask for? Some very, and I mean I tought my children better by the age of 5, very basic manners.

Lets say it was Baptist that destroyed the Towers and killed nearly 3000 Americans.

[I think baptist only go up to bishop]

Lets say a top Baptist leader, with distant connections to the terror wing of the baptist chuch says he wants to build a peace church near the Towers.

I'd tell him to fuck off, and show some respect for the people that were murdered that day.

It's a manners, and repsect issue for me. If he actrually wanted to build this bridge the claims, he would request some portion of the Tower to be used to build a mosque, far away, in NYC, where muslims actually live. There is no large muslim community where he claims there to be one.

I feel the same way when dealing with the clan, black panthers, naacp, neo-nazis, preist raping kids, etc, etc.

Wrong is wrong. You don't get to demand what you will not give, and expect me to say; "oh, it's ok to be a fucking asshole, b/c our Constitution says so."

Is it Constitutional to build the mosque in NYC, next to GZ? sure it is. It's also an asshole thing to do, and I will remind and remind people that muslims do not tolerate, in the ME, what they demand here.

fyi; Sunni man brags that we will one day be muslims under shira law.

Connection to the terror wing? I have a feeling if it were a legit one gov't would have stepped in.

My home town has a Catholic Church, a Presbyterian Church, a Methodist Church, and a Lutheran Church all within 800 yards of each other.....this is BULLSHIT! They spit in the face of everyone who died during the Reformation and Counter-Reformation!!!!

As for the Sharia Law issue.

The jews have had rabbinical courts in America for civil law called the Beth Din for decades.

So we would like to have our own Islamic courts for civil issues such as divorce or inheirtance.

But would not advocate any changes in dealing with criminal laws as that is left up to the state and federal government.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back