Now that Osama bin Laden has been killed is it OK to build the Ground Zero Mosque ??

Now let me ask you this Sunni. How would Pakistan, and Muslims world wide , react if a Christian Church were built over the site of Bin Laden's death? Not that it would EVER be allowed, but let's play what if.

I honestly don't know how the people of Pakistan are other Muslims in the world would react.

All I am concerned about is Muslims here in America and how they are treated by their fellow Americans.

As well you should be. We need to deal with how people are treated at home before we can worry about how people are treated abroad.

Now let me ask you this Sunni. How would Pakistan, and Muslims world wide , react if a Christian Church were built over the site of Bin Laden's death? Not that it would EVER be allowed, but let's play what if.

I honestly don't know how the people of Pakistan are other Muslims in the world would react.

All I am concerned about is Muslims here in America and how they are treated by their fellow Americans.

I neither advocate taking their rights away from nor bashing them simply because they are Muslim. I merely state it would either be a mistake or a calculated fuck you for Muslims to build the 911 mosque.

No it is not okay and here is why. It is PERCEIVED to be a symbol of victory by Islam. Is that the intent? I personally believe it is, but won't go so far as to claim that as fact. It's irrelevant what is fact though. Image is EVERYTHING in this country. You don't take a dump on the feelings of those you claim to want to build a bridge with. You just don't.

At worst, it's an actual spit in our face, at best it's bad PR for a religion that desperately needs to avoid bad PR in this country.

By all means, let what the Pakistanis would do be your guide of what is right and wrong.

Once again. You are wasting your time. I have no intention of "debating" with you on any topic.

That was not debating...that was acknowledging that you let how the Pakistanis do things be YOUR guide on right and wrong. Nothing to debate.

You're brain dead. I NEVER suggested the government should prevent them from building it you fool. I suggest that they should CHOOSE not to build it.

More proof that you no clue

And again..I posted it was never much of an issue with people that live in New York City. More people in the city favor building then don't.

Which borough of NYC do you live in at the present moment?

Sir, unless and until the administration of this board declares that only residents of NYC shall be allowed to opine on this subject, then who are YOU to decide who can and who can not do so?

AND that was nothing but a deflection on your part to deflect from the fact that you mistakenly concluded that I wanted the government to ban them from building the mosque.

Can't you simply type "Okay man I thought you meant they should not be allowed to, thanks for clearing that up" or something similar? I get so tired of this inability to be civil with someone at ANY point simply because you disagree with them.

Well it's not deflection. And it's also hypocritical on your part, who basically assumes a "conservative" stance..to somehow now abandon the whole "states rights" thing. In any case..it's not even up to the people of NYC. It's up to the people that own that property.

They have every right to build. And not you..or anyone else have the right to stop that.

And again..I posted it was never much of an issue with people that live in New York City. More people in the city favor building then don't.

Which borough of NYC do you live in at the present moment?

Sir, unless and until the administration of this board declares that only residents of NYC shall be allowed to opine on this subject, then who are YOU to decide who can and who can not do so?

AND that was nothing but a deflection on your part to deflect from the fact that you mistakenly concluded that I wanted the government to ban them from building the mosque.

Can't you simply type "Okay man I thought you meant they should not be allowed to, thanks for clearing that up" or something similar? I get so tired of this inability to be civil with someone at ANY point simply because you disagree with them.

Well it's not deflection. And it's also hypocritical on your part, who basically assumes a "conservative" stance..to somehow now abandon the whole "states rights" thing. In any case..it's not even up to the people of NYC. It's up to the people that own that property.

They have every right to build. And not you..or anyone else have the right to stop that.

You are being intentionally obtuse. I reiterate, I am NOT arguing that they don't have the right to do whatever they would like with their own fucking property. I do NOT advocate that they should be barred by law from building the mosque. I AM saying that they should choose not to.

Here is what I find fucking ironic though. The very idiots who are screaming about the Muslims RIGHT to build (a right that is not in question btw) are in a thread right now SCREAMING that private airlines don't have a right to bar people from THEIR property.

Just ridiculous.

I have noticed.

Before bin Laden's death.

About every third thread was something negative about Muslims or Islam.

Now there are very few about either of the subjects.

So I assumed that most Americans had satisfied their bloodlust for revenge.

Now they hava a sense of victory over Muslims and Islam.

Did you miss where real mericans got two non violent, american Imam's kicked off a flight?

The hate is still there from the right. No worries. Hell this thread alone proves you want hate in our faces.:evil:

Last edited:

You are being intentionally obtuse. I reiterate, I am NOT arguing that they don't have the right to do whatever they would like with their own fucking property. I do NOT advocate that they should be barred by law from building the mosque. I AM saying that they should choose not to.

Here is what I find fucking ironic though. The very idiots who are screaming about the Muslims RIGHT to build (a right that is not in question btw) are in a thread right now SCREAMING that private airlines don't have a right to bar people from THEIR property.

Just ridiculous.

Kicking someone off a flight because of their religion is wrong Ron Paul. Its just wrong. Whats next, yamaka's are offensive so no flights for jews? No hispanics or blacks next just cause..? Only real mericans like you?

By the way jethrow, there are WAY WAY WAY more non extremist muslims than extremist ones. There are, what 100 million muslim's world wide. You better fucking hope only a small percentage of them are extremists. Listening to you guys, you would think Islam is evil or every single muslim on earth is a bin laden wanna be. Wait for it.....wait for it.....

Just ridiculous.

And why would they should they not build? You and your ilk keep braying on and on about how you guys are not "bigots" or "racist" yet over and over again..you want to exclude so many from the fabric of America. And Muslim is the new "other". Muslims have been a part of New York City for as long as I can remember..I played soccer as a kid with a great deal of people who followed the Muslim faith. And by the way..that also included Israelis, Persians and a whole host of people of different nationalities. We are a very mixed city..and that's one of the reasons I love this place. It's part and parcel of our values..and America's values.

You also seem to forget that far more people of the Muslim faith have been massacred by fanatics then anyone else. They absolutely abhor this sort of violence..because it takes so many in their community.

Just ridiculous.

Kicking someone off a flight because of their religion is wrong Ron Paul. Its just wrong. Whats next, yamaka's are offensive so no flights for jews? No hispanics or blacks next just cause..? Only real mericans like you?

By the way jethrow, there are WAY WAY WAY more non extremist muslims than extremist ones. There are, what 100 million muslim's world wide. You better fucking hope only a small percentage of them are extremists. Listening to you guys, you would think Islam is evil or every single muslim on earth is a bin laden wanna be. Wait for it.....wait for it.....

What are you babbling about? I have never suggested that majority of Muslims are extremists. In fact just the other day in this very forum I posted that Muslims aren't our enemy.

Not that that has a damned thing to do with his thread, nor does your claims of innocent Muslims who were kicked off a plane for no good reason. Take that shit to it's own thread.

Just ridiculous.

Well he skipped over that whole civil rights movement..which bars this sort of behavior.

But what can you do..:lol:

Now that the American people have gotten their revenge with the death of Osama bin Laden.

Would be building of the so called Ground Zero Mosque now be a non-issue? :cool:

sure after you provide that comprehensive list of congratulations from all those Muslim
' moderates' out there.....how about the guy who's trying to build it/ did he go on the record? I'd be interested in seeing that....

Just ridiculous.

And why would they should they not build? You and your ilk keep braying on and on about how you guys are not "bigots" or "racist" yet over and over again..you want to exclude so many from the fabric of America. And Muslim is the new "other". Muslims have been a part of New York City for as long as I can remember..I played soccer as a kid with a great deal of people who followed the Muslim faith. And by the way..that also included Israelis, Persians and a whole host of people of different nationalities. We are a very mixed city..and that's one of the reasons I love this place. It's part and parcel of our values..and America's values.

You also seem to forget that far more people of the Muslim faith have been massacred by fanatics then anyone else. They absolutely abhor this sort of violence..because it takes so many in their community.

I made it very clear why I think they should not build.

Oh, and by far more Jews have been killed through history because of their religion. Unless you deny the holocaust.

another hypocrisy from you idiots is that you scream that the Muslims have a right to build, but totally ignore that we have the right to object to it.

Can you morons at least TRY to be consistent?

Just ridiculous.

I made it very clear why I think they should not build.

Oh, and by far more Jews have been killed through history because of their religion. Unless you deny the holocaust.

Sure.

And we don't deny Christians the right to build churches anywhere they want.

another hypocrisy from you idiots is that you scream that the Muslims have a right to build, but totally ignore that we have the right to object to it.

I don't see anyone taking you to court to stop your objections.

I did see conservatives take the issue to court to stop the building.

Good grief...talk about talking past each other!

I can see Brain's point and agree with it to a point, the developers of the Ground Zero Death Mosque would do well to think about the sensitivities of objectors for a couple of reasons;
One is that they may be offending genuinely grieving and upset people who are the very ones that they claim that they are trying to reconcile with.
The other is more practical and relates to what are likely to encounter from the ugly braying mob who, through ignorance and bigotry will cause them problems into the future.

On the other hand, the decision needs to be theirs - there should be no compulsion by community leaders or legally, which I'm pretty sure Brain is also saying.

I can see Brain's point and agree with it to a point, the developers of the Ground Zero Death Mosque would do well to think about the sensitivities of objectors for a couple of reasons;
One is that they may be offending genuinely grieving and upset people who are the very ones that they claim that they are trying to reconcile with.
The other is more practical and relates to what are likely to encounter from the ugly braying mob who, through ignorance and bigotry will cause them problems into the future.

On the other hand, the decision needs to be theirs - there should be no compulsion by community leaders or legally, which I'm pretty sure Brain is also saying.

There's no pretty sure about it. I am absolutely saying, and have made it abundantly clear that I think they should CHOOSE not to build it. Sallow is just being dishonest, and it's becoming abundantly clear to me that that is a business as usual tactic for the left winged posters on this site.

I don't see anyone taking you to court to stop your objections.

I did see conservatives take the issue to court to stop the building.

I don't agree with them, I have made that fucking clear as a bell. Why do you insist on being dishonest about what I have said when it's right there in plain English for anyone to read?

Ground Zero Death Mosque...:lol:

Precious.

Forum List

Back