Now that Osama bin Laden has been killed is it OK to build the Ground Zero Mosque ??

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
Now that the American people have gotten their revenge with the death of Osama bin Laden.

Would be building of the so called Ground Zero Mosque now be a non-issue? :cool:

Should've always been a non-issue, might as well just piss on the graves of all who died for religious freedom in the Revolution.

I have noticed.

Before bin Laden's death.

About every third thread was something negative about Muslims or Islam.

Now there are very few about either of the subjects.

So I assumed that most Americans had satisfied their bloodlust for revenge.

Now they hava a sense of victory over Muslims and Islam.

I have noticed.

Before bin Laden's death.

About every third thread was something negative about Muslims or Islam.

Now there are very few about either of the subjects.

So I assumed that most Americans had satisfied their bloodlust for revenge.

Now they hava a sense of victory over Muslims and Islam.

I think Bin Ladens death has made some Americans more angry with Muslims, maybe it re-opened old wounds, I don't know? just the other day a couple imams were removed from a airplane here in the US because the pilot and some of the passengers were "uncomfortable" with their presence, unfortunatly this problem doesn't die with Bin Laden.:doubt:

CAIR, ICNA, MSA, and every other U.S. muslim organization I can think of applauded bin Laden's death.

I wish that the major news media outlets had reported this.

But I guess it wasn't news. :doubt:

I don't have a problem with the mosque. I have a problem at the attitude of those who want to build it, and where.

No it is not okay and here is why. It is PERCEIVED to be a symbol of victory by Islam. Is that the intent? I personally believe it is, but won't go so far as to claim that as fact. It's irrelevant what is fact though. Image is EVERYTHING in this country. You don't take a dump on the feelings of those you claim to want to build a bridge with. You just don't.

At worst, it's an actual spit in our face, at best it's bad PR for a religion that desperately needs to avoid bad PR in this country.

Now let me ask you this Sunni. How would Pakistan, and Muslims world wide , react if a Christian Church were built over the site of Bin Laden's death? Not that it would EVER be allowed, but let's play what if.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
To most New Yorkers..and that means people from the city..not upstate...it was never an issue.

There's already a mosque there.

No it is not okay and here is why. It is PERCEIVED to be a symbol of victory by Islam. Is that the intent? I personally believe it is, but won't go so far as to claim that as fact. It's irrelevant what is fact though. Image is EVERYTHING in this country. You don't take a dump on the feelings of those you claim to want to build a bridge with. You just don't.

At worst, it's an actual spit in our face, at best it's bad PR for a religion that desperately needs to avoid bad PR in this country.

Now let me ask you this Sunni. How would Pakistan, and Muslims world wide , react if a Christian Church were built over the site of Bin Laden's death? Not that it would EVER be allowed, but let's play what if.

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

You really should read it every once in a while.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

You're brain dead. I NEVER suggested the government should prevent them from building it you fool. I suggest that they should CHOOSE not to build it.

More proof that you no clue

• Thanks
Reactions: FYI

You're brain dead. I NEVER suggested the government should prevent them from building it you fool. I suggest that they should CHOOSE not to build it.

And again..I posted it was never much of an issue with people that live in New York City. More people in the city favor building then don't.

Which borough of NYC do you live in at the present moment?

Indeed it is. As a matter of fact they should dedicate it to him since all of those assholes working on it the last several years would have likely been in the food stamp lines about now !
Osama bin Towers !:eusa_shhh:

And again..I posted it was never much of an issue with people that live in New York City. More people in the city favor building then don't.

Which borough of NYC do you live in at the present moment?

Sir, unless and until the administration of this board declares that only residents of NYC shall be allowed to opine on this subject, then who are YOU to decide who can and who can not do so?

AND that was nothing but a deflection on your part to deflect from the fact that you mistakenly concluded that I wanted the government to ban them from building the mosque.

Can't you simply type "Okay man I thought you meant they should not be allowed to, thanks for clearing that up" or something similar? I get so tired of this inability to be civil with someone at ANY point simply because you disagree with them.

By all means, let what the Pakistanis would do be your guide of what is right and wrong.

I never had a problem with it to begin with. I believe in religious freedom and the rights of religions groups to build houses of worship no matter how controversial.

By all means, let what the Pakistanis would do be your guide of what is right and wrong.

Once again. You are wasting your time. I have no intention of "debating" with you on any topic.

I honestly don't know how the people of Pakistan are other Muslims in the world would react.

All I am concerned about is Muslims here in America and how they are treated by their fellow Americans.

Forum List

Back