Now that Obama's Killed Osama

There was no reason to take him alive. Or, at least, certainly not to let the world know that we'd taken him alive. The last thing we want is for this administration to try this guy in court. Best thing, send him to Allah... there is no intel value to someone like Osama. But there is intel to be had, and we have that.

Dead was the best option.

I agree. There was no reason for the SEAL team to wait around to see if Al Qaeda reinforcements were going to show up to try to rescue in Laden. Also, for all the SEALS knew, the place was booby-trapped, and all bin Laden had to do was press a button and the entire compound would have been destroyed, together with the SEAL team.
I think that "self defense" was a good enough reason for the SEALS to have acted in the manner that they did, without bringing the politics of kill versus capture into it.

One of the accounts said Osama was unarmed. If so, why shoot an unarmed man, especially a man who should have been captured alive at all costs?

Second, the day you find one single repeatable laboratory experiment showing how a 200PPM increase in CO2 raises temperature, melts ice caps and spawn will be the last day I ever talk about AGW. Don't derail the thread.

There was no reason to take him alive. Or, at least, certainly not to let the world know that we'd taken him alive. The last thing we want is for this administration to try this guy in court. Best thing, send him to Allah... there is no intel value to someone like Osama. But there is intel to be had, and we have that.

How do you know ANY of that? How? Do you think he was tending his vegetable garden the past 10 years?

He should have been taken ALIVE.

He's dead to send a message.

You can run..but why die tired.

Fuck with the best..die like the rest.

Cliche..I know.

But it will make these assholes think twice. I'm pretty sure that Osama thought he would die a infamous old man surrounded by his great grand children, happy in the knowledge he caused so much suffering and got away with it.

Opps.:lol:

again you were there? They knew. I mean really, what do you think they were doing over there. they had that place mapped out completely

Again, no. And neither were you.

you must take our cia for a bunch of amateurs. they use infared and ultra sound. they had their every movement mapped. they can tell if they are carrying guns.

It ain't the movies, chief.

Personally, I knew something big was going down when I saw this..

This CIA agent is no diplomat | Craig Murray | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

I'm also reasonably sure the ISI had a hand in this..

Al-Qaida confirmed the killing of Osama bin Laden Friday and vowed revenge, saying Americans' "happiness will turn to sadness" in the first statement by the terror network since its leader was slain in a U.S. commando raid against his Pakistani hideout.

The confirmation came as newly uncovered documents found in bin Laden's residence revealed al-Qaida plans for derailing an American train on the upcoming 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Terror experts have said bin Laden's death on Monday was a setback for al-Qaida but the threat of attacks remains and could even spike in coming days from individuals or small extremist groups inspired to take revenge for the killing.

The statement, dated Tuesday but posted Friday on militant websites, opens the way for the group to name a successor to bin Laden. His deputy Ayman al-Zawahri is now the most prominent figure in the group and a likely contender to take his place.

"The blood of the holy warrior sheik, Osama bin Laden, God bless him, is too precious to us and to all Muslims to go in vain," the statement said. "We will remain, God willing, a curse chasing the Americans and their agents, following them outside and inside their countries."

"Soon, God willing, their happiness will turn to sadness," it said, "their blood will be mingled with their tears."

The group gave no indication how it will retaliate. But separate details emerged Friday showing that bin Laden was scheming how to hit the United States hard again.

Osama Bin Laden Dead, Al Qaeda Confirms

Again, no. And neither were you.

you must take our cia for a bunch of amateurs. they use infared and ultra sound. they had their every movement mapped. they can tell if they are carrying guns.

it sure isn't the movies. which is why they didn't just run and gun in there not knowing what to expect. the seal team was briefed on what to expect. they knew the lay out of the house and who was in what rooms at the time of their entry. they had dry run this scenario a few hundred times too

it sure isn't the movies. which is why they didn't just run and gun in there not knowing what to expect. the seal team was briefed on what to expect. they knew the lay out of the house and who was in what rooms at the time of their entry. they had dry run this scenario a few hundred times too

Which means what?

Anyone in the field will tell you intel isn't 100%, you go on what you get, and success isn't 100% assured. And that's with these guys being the best of the best. They've got the conditioning of Olympic athletes and the minds of college professors..they ain't no joke. But for everyone of these black ops that goes right..there a far more that we never hear about that go wrong.

Which means what?

Anyone in the field will tell you intel isn't 100%, you go on what you get, and success isn't 100% assured. And that's with these guys being the best of the best. They've got the conditioning of Olympic athletes and the minds of college professors..they ain't no joke. But for everyone of these black ops that goes right..there a far more that we never hear about that go wrong.

this wasn't 2nd or 3rd hand intel. they had agents sitting in a house watching and monitoring the compound for the last 10 months

Which means what?

this wasn't 2nd or 3rd hand intel. they had agents sitting in a house watching and monitoring the compound for the last 10 months

Again..which means what?

You forget what happened to President Carter when he okay'ed a very very similar type of operation?

They were going on solid intel as well.

Which means what?

Again..which means what?

You forget what happened to President Carter when he okay'ed a very very similar type of operation?

not even a close comparison. not by a mile. for one, they didn't have a stakeout next door for 9 months. they didn't have the technology and monitoring equipment. they were in a hostile nation, not one that was mostly cooperating. They relied on 2nd, 3rd and 4th hand intel. they were trying to rescue many hostages, not take out an individual. not even a close comparison

Which means what?

Again..which means what?

oh yea, and intelligence had nothing to do with why carters rescue failed so please come to the table with something that matters next time will ya? thanks

How do you know ANY of that? How? Do you think he was tending his vegetable garden the past 10 years?

Cliche..I know.

But it will make these assholes think twice. I'm pretty sure that Osama thought he would die a infamous old man surrounded by his great grand children, happy in the knowledge he caused so much suffering and got away with it.

Now suddenly you libs are concerned about "sending a message" that if you 'fuck with us we're just gonna kill you.'

That seems to completely contradict Obama's policies for every other terrorist -->Captured by the US while commiting an act of terrorism? No worries, we promise you that you won't be harshly interrogated, and guarantee you that you won't get waterboarded! Not only that but you will get a fair trial in our corrupt and broken justice system which heavely favors criminals! You're own terrorist pals will be able to hire you the best ACLU lawyer, assuming they won't want to defend you for free!

Yea, great message Obama is sending the Islamic terrorists. :cuckoo:

I see to remember early on some story that Obama had a guy whose job was to shoot and kill him instead of letting him get captured...Terral makes more and more sense these days

Cliche..I know.

Now suddenly you libs are concerned about "sending a message" that if you 'fuck with us we're just gonna kill you.'

That seems to completely contradict Obama's policies for every other terrorist -->Captured by the US while commiting an act of terrorism? No worries, we promise you that you won't be harshly interrogated, and guarantee you that you won't get waterboarded! Not only that but you will get a fair trial in our corrupt and broken justice system which heavely favors criminals! You're own terrorist pals will be able to hire you the best ACLU lawyer, assuming they won't want to defend you for free!

Yea, great message Obama is sending the Islamic terrorists. :cuckoo:

i think tough talk is part of the requirement for a peace prize. walk softly and carry a big mouth :lol:

Looks like the info from Osama's captured hard drives is startin' to pay off...
:clap2:
NATO: Forces Capture Bin Laden Associate in Afghanistan
June 02, 2011 - NATO says Afghan and coalition troops have captured an al-Qaida facilitator who was a former associate of terrorist leader Osama bin Laden.
In a statement Thursday, NATO said the man was captured in the Nahr-e Shahi area of northern Balkh province, but did not give his name. The coalition said the Pakistan-based man planned attacks and was a close associate of senior al-Qaida insurgents. He is also suspected of being with bin Laden in Afghanistan in 2001. NATO says he is one of several senior al-Qaida and Taliban insurgents captured in Balkh province this year.

Also Thursday, insurgents attacked a road construction site in the southern province of Uruzgan, killing two security guards and a police officer. Provincial spokesman Milad Ahmad Mudasir said a number of the attackers were also killed in subsequent fighting. The German military said Thursday a bomb attack in Baghlan province killed one of its soldiers and wounded six others. It said a roadside bomb struck the soldiers' tank near the northern city of Kunduz.

Germany has about 5,000 soldiers in Afghanistan as part of the NATO coalition. A Polish soldier was killed and two others were wounded in an insurgent attack in eastern Ghazni province Thursday. The Polish military says unknown assailants fired on the patrol with grenades and small arms. Roughly 2,600 Polish troops are deployed in Afghanistan as part of the NATO-led force.

Source

Forum List

Back