Now that it is all said and done...

I voted independent for my governor because all of the other choices sucked.

I voted republican for my state senator because he was running unopposed.

... can you share with us why you chose to vote the way you did? Not who you voted for, but why you chose to vote the way you did.

For me, I decided to vote mostly Republican this time around even though I don't like Republicans any more than I like Democrats. Although the economy is weighing me down, I do not blame either political party for what is going on with the economy. I blame them both. So, I made my decision this election cycle mostly on the biggest issue that got my goat over the last two years. I socked it to the Democrats because of the way that Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi forced Health Care (euphemism for Health Insurance) Reform down our throats. Also, my decision was based more upon the way they went about it than it was what the bill did although I think they screwed that up as well. My biggest gripe was how they went about it. Despite so much of the country's fears and dislikes of the bill itself, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid forced this bill down our throats and made us take it like a mother makes a child take medicine he/she does not like.

I made my decisions as to who I would vote for this time around because of the arrogance of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

If it had not been for the way HCR was forced down our throats I would have voted almost strictly for candidates who ran as No Party Affiliation candidates.

Looking at the newly blood colored map of the U.S., I wonder how many others, especially independents, felt the same way I did yesterday.

Immie

Ditto Immie.

I voted straight Rep this year for those exact reasons.

It really pissed me off that the Dems didn't pay attention to the will of the people. They totally ignored said will and passed the hc bs bill.

They let Reid and Pelosi craft the damned thing and passed it. I can't believe that every one of the Dems who passed the bill thought it was a good idea but they passed it anyway. I hope they all lost their cushy jobs.

I voted for Democrats because I think they will always care more about people than the Republicans do. Human rights is the most important thing to me. And I see Democrats being the strongest in that area.

I have voted Republican just once in my life and that was for Arnold. It didn't work out too well. :)

Thank you for your answer.

I respect your position but think the Democrats have pulled the wool over your eyes as they have done for a heck of a lot of people. I don't think the politicians of either party really care about human rights. It is a talking point for them and and dividing point for us.

I see conservatives (maybe because I identify with them more and I do care) as being more caring than liberals. It seems to me that liberals talk the talk, but walking the walk is a different story.

Funny how we all see things different, ain't it?

Immie

Yes, it is. :)

Forum List

Back