Now that 2012 is a lock-in for Obama

Whoever it is, the Dems will still run a "Bush's fault" platform

It's sad isn't it?

Bush fucked things up so badly that the impact will still be felt in 2016 and beyond

but the Obama gave YOU hope and change of saving us. Now you all are going to give him a pass until 2016 and beyond..

figures...you've given a pass on everything so FAR...:lol:

I sure have

I have seen what happens when we give Republicans control of our country.

War, trashed economy, torture, rape of the environment, destruction of worker rights

It's sad isn't it?

Bush fucked things up so badly that the impact will still be felt in 2016 and beyond

but the Obama gave YOU hope and change of saving us. Now you all are going to give him a pass until 2016 and beyond..

figures...you've given a pass on everything so FAR...:lol:

I sure have

I have seen what happens when we give Republicans control of our country.
Maybe you all don't mind living with 10% unemployment, 3.50 for a gallon of gas and food prices going through the roof, but I'm sure many more do care...so your Dear Leader might not get the pass you Obama lovers do.

War, trashed economy, torture, rape of the environment, destruction of worker rights

rape of the environment...nice touch...you live in a cave I hope

Last edited:
It's sad isn't it?

And the Dems should give thanks every day for Bush. Without him they might have to take some kind of responsibility.

The Dems have taken responsibility....

For stopping a Depression
For ending the Bush wars.
For stopping torture
For providing health insurance to millions of Americans
For killing Osama bin Laden
For saving the Auto industry
For allowing gays to openly serve in the military

he stopped a depression...HOW?
the Bush wars were coming to end by Bush setting the dead line.
your Obama Care is still tied up in courts, so that hasn't happened.
he saved ONE DAMN auto company.
big deal, homosexuals have been serving in the military before.

He got a Terrorist, which is HIS JOB...whoopie

Last edited:
And the Dems should give thanks every day for Bush. Without him they might have to take some kind of responsibility.

For stopping torture

Bush had seven years to end his poorly executed wars......he failed miserably
Obamacare is already being executed
He saved two out of three US auto companies
Homosexuals served in the military before but were hunted by conservatives

I seem to remember it was Bushs job to capture or kill Bin Laden......it was an epic failure

Unless there's some big scandal, Andrew Cuomo will run.
Good pick.

Some names I like are Dennis Kucinich, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Alan Grayson, Sherrod Brown, Eliot Spitzer, and Andrew Cuomo fits in there quite nicely. If not in the Presidency they should hold Cabinet level positions. These people have shown themselves to be aggressively progressive and this Nation needs to make a sharp and forceful turn to the left.

Obama has been a far better president than his predecessor but he is not at all what he convinced us he was -- or could be if he chose to. He is far too cautious and clearly more concerned with his own future than with that of the Nation.

Sanders is too old. As for all the others you mentioned, though, I wouldn't count any of them out after this year. I'm still pretty confident the Frothy One won't win the WH, but I would have also bet quite a bit of $$$ he wouldn't get this close to the nomination.

I'd imagine it'll be Bobby Jindal or Marco Rubio. They'll be at just about the right point in their career, if Obama wins, to take on the democratic nominee. The Democrats, again if Obama wins, will be in trouble in 2016 as Hillary and Biden are likely to tear the party in two if Biden decides to run.

If Obama loses, then a lot of guys like Jindal and Rubio are going to find themselves at the end of their careers. There's only so long you can stay out of the public's eye and run.

As for a lock in 2012: At the moment I'd put Obama's chances at a firm 70-30. It's clear that Romney, the only one with the money and organizational skills to take on Obama, is in real danger of losing out to Santorum or Newt. Neither has the organization to take on Obama's machinery. Worse, all three candidates are practically identical to Obama based on voting/governing history on a lot of the hot button issues.

No organization+Inability to paint yourself as not Obama=Obama second term.

Of course Obama can really easily screw this all up, so who knows?

Bush did what he did (tragically), and the next President was going to have to try to clean it up. Regardless of their party affiliation. Can't blame the Democrats for reminding folks who did this; the Republicans would have had to do the same thing. This is a freakin' disaster on multiple freakin' levels.

Yeah. Obama is doing a great job of cleaning up Bush's destruction of terrorism, his dismantling of Ghaddafi's nuclear capability, increased respect for the US in the middle east, dismantling Saddam's regime and stabilizing the country, lower tax rates, etc etc.

The truth is Obama is the biggest fuck up to occupy the Oval Office. Period. Paragraph.

For stopping torture

he stopped a depression...HOW?

Actually Bush stopped a depression. In fact, Bush did all the things Obama's worshippers claim Obama did.

Bush did what he did (tragically), and the next President was going to have to try to clean it up. Regardless of their party affiliation. Can't blame the Democrats for reminding folks who did this; the Republicans would have had to do the same thing. This is a freakin' disaster on multiple freakin' levels.

Yeah. Obama is doing a great job of cleaning up Bush's destruction of terrorism, his dismantling of Ghaddafi's nuclear capability, increased respect for the US in the middle east, dismantling Saddam's regime and stabilizing the country, lower tax rates, etc etc.

The truth is Obama is the biggest fuck up to occupy the Oval Office. Period. Paragraph.

James Buchanan.

Folks who make the claim of "worst evar" always end up looking stupid. Learn some American History for Pete's sake.

IF there are enough idiots out there to re-elect this ugly man as President, then they deserve everything coming their way.

Unfortunately, the rest of the country will have to suffer for it.

Er, you do know Bush is no longer president, right? He can't be re elected and the country did suffer....in spades...

I'd imagine it'll be Bobby Jindal or Marco Rubio. They'll be at just about the right point in their career, if Obama wins, to take on the democratic nominee. The Democrats, again if Obama wins, will be in trouble in 2016 as Hillary and Biden are likely to tear the party in two if Biden decides to run.

If Obama loses, then a lot of guys like Jindal and Rubio are going to find themselves at the end of their careers. There's only so long you can stay out of the public's eye and run.

As for a lock in 2012: At the moment I'd put Obama's chances at a firm 70-30. It's clear that Romney, the only one with the money and organizational skills to take on Obama, is in real danger of losing out to Santorum or Newt. Neither has the organization to take on Obama's machinery. Worse, all three candidates are practically identical to Obama based on voting/governing history on a lot of the hot button issues.

No organization+Inability to paint yourself as not Obama=Obama second term.

Of course Obama can really easily screw this all up, so who knows?

It is way too early to predict potential candidates but....

Republicans
Jeb Bush
Christie
Jindal
Rubio

Dems
Hilary
Cuomo

By all means, we can pretend that Bush did not leave behind a massive, deep, broad and complicated financial disaster and two expensive wars that cost the lives, limbs and minds of thousands of Americans and Middle East innocents, wars that will ulitmately prove to be fruitless when the bad guys take over in each country. We can play pretend on anything.

We can divert away from what Bush left behind and blame Obama for where we are. That's partisan politics, intellectual honesty is always optional.

By all means, we can pretend that Bush did not leave behind a massive, deep, broad and complicated financial disaster and two expensive wars that cost the lives, limbs and minds of thousands of Americans and Middle East innocents, wars that will ulitmately prove to be fruitless when the bad guys take over in each country. We can play pretend on anything.

We can divert away from what Bush left behind and blame Obama for where we are. That's partisan politics, intellectual honesty is always optional.

You can pretend all you want.
The facts are that the economy was about to bottom out, Obama's moves prolonged the recession. Iraq was pretty much done, and Obama simply followed Bush's timeline of withdrawl. The difference is Bush would have negotiated a continued presence and Obama just folded, guaranteeing we wil have to go back in 5 years. Bush's strategy in Afghanistan was working just fine. Obama spent many more lives and resources and announced at the outset when we were leaving. That gave the bad guys all the info they needed.
I would accuse you of no intellectual honesty but you would need an intellect first.

Bar BHO jumping the fence and assaulting children sexually on the WH lawn, a Santorum nomination guarantees the Democrats the WH and the Senate and picking up some seats in the House.

The Tea Party and social conservatives still don't get that the great majority of America looks on them as dividers and outside of the mainstream.

Forum List

Back