NOW Obama supporters are asking..my SS withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?

His tax cuts expired in 2011, so he wanted to raise your taxes in 2011.

That is exactly how this payroll tax is being characterized.

And Bush was trying to make them permenant. It's the Democrats who insisted that they expire. You can't insist that they expire and than whine about President Bush making them expire when he didn't want them to.

Compromise is a funny thing. it totally sucks most of the time.

Bush was cutting taxes at a time when raising taxes was the right thing to do.

No, he was spending more money at a time spending less would have been more helpful. Of course all of that was made much worse by Obama.

Washington Times?

Seriously?

Why not just report what you read on some billboard in the deep south....

Pointless thread.

Washington Times?

Seriously?

Why not just report what you read on some billboard in the deep south....

Pointless thread.

Absolutely, everyone is just paying their fair share. Unlike the recent tax hike.

So many refused to believe what some were saying about Obama's false promises regarding taxes. Now that we've all been hit where it hurts, people get it.

As people across the country are going over their own budgets and making changes in hopes of living within their lower income, politicians in Washington look to raising the debt ceiling so they can borrow and spend without making changes. Obama just effectively lowered the debt ceiling of millions of low income and middle class people. We don't have borrowing power and it probably doesn't matter now that we are less able to pay back loans anyway.

No budget for four years, out of control spending, raising the debt ceiling to borrow ourselves further into debt, higher taxes for all the poor working people and no meaningful cuts are apparently what some voted for last election. Enjoy.
Or, instead of being a con tool posting con dogma, you could actually read the truth about this increase in SS tax.

"While Congress may have averted the fiscal cliff, one of the tax holidays they allowed to expire was a lower payroll tax rate.

The Boston Globe noted that President Obama had requested that the lower 4.2 percent payroll tax rate be extended, but lawmakers refused. The Social Security payroll tax rate is now 6.2 percent."
Payroll tax increase has Americans asking #WhyIsMyPaycheckLessThisWeek | GlobalPost

Obama requested the rate not increase, you may have noticed. But Congress did not choose to do so. Who is it that controls the House??? Oh, yeah, that would be the Republican Party. And this increase had NOTHING to do with Obama at all. But you all thought it was a good opportunity to blame him for it, cause that is what you do. Dipshits.

So, there you go. Lying again, as does Healthmyths. And the cons just clap their fins like trained seals.

OBAMA's PLEDGE!!!
"I can make a firm pledge: Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”

A) Did OBAMA PLEDGE NOT to increase your payroll taxes??? YES!
B) Are 77% of Americans INCLUDING OBAMA supporters pay checks LESS because SS went to 6.2% YES!
C) If YOU PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE to the flag that means YOU PROMISE! YES!

Therefore Obama PROMISED AMERICANS making less then $250,000 a year NOT to see any form of payroll tax increase!

IT IS the perception! Obama DID NOT KEEP HIS PROMISE! HOW difficult is that to comprehend?

If you make a promise to do something but don't what does that make you ? A LIAR!

A) Either Obama was totally ignorant of the process of how the laws of the land work
B) OR the Messiah did know but didn't care because these are just WORDS to him!

EITHER way it is still WRONG to promise millions something and not keep your promise!

Obama either is the dumbest president ever to make stupid promises OR the biggest LIAR!

:DMore like he's both. And he knows it.

Well, unlike anyone else in this thread, I'm guessing, I went over to DU where the OP got its information and the facts are that the complainers were a tiny minority vs. overwhelming support for the payroll tax cut expiring.

A classic example of the rightwing propaganda machine using the truth to create a lie.

And Bush was trying to make them permenant. It's the Democrats who insisted that they expire. You can't insist that they expire and than whine about President Bush making them expire when he didn't want them to.

No, he was spending more money at a time spending less would have been more helpful. Of course all of that was made much worse by Obama.

And where would you have spent less in 2003, as the Iraq war was beginning, and Bush was cutting taxes, and Medicare was being expanded??

Last edited:

Why won't you tell us whether or not you support extending the payroll tax cut?

NYC, to be completely honest, I'm not sure. A lot of people have come to count on that 2%income. Whether they pull back on spending and slow the economy more than 2% or everything works outs, I don't know. Hoping it works out now we have committed to raising it back up.

Well, unlike anyone else in this thread, I'm guessing, I went over to DU where the OP got its information and the facts are that the complainers were a tiny minority vs. overwhelming support for the payroll tax cut expiring.A classic example of the rightwing propaganda machine using the truth to create a lie.

Ya did, did ya? Where?

CURL: Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases - Washington Times

On the actual Democratic Underground message board where WTimes got their cherrypicked information from.

I don't think we're allowed to link directly to other forums on this board. The facts are there,
the WT used a tiny minority who may not even have been liberals/Democrats to create a lie.

Well, unlike anyone else in this thread, I'm guessing, I went over to DU where the OP got its information and the facts are that the complainers were a tiny minority vs. overwhelming support for the payroll tax cut expiring.A classic example of the rightwing propaganda machine using the truth to create a lie.

Ya did, did ya? Where?

CURL: Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases - Washington Times

On the actual Democratic Underground message board where WTimes got their cherrypicked information from.

I don't think we're allowed to link directly to other forums on this board. The facts are there,
the WT used a tiny minority who may not even have been liberals/Democrats to create a lie.

Fair enough. I'll take a look because I didn't see it in his article.

NYC, to be completely honest, I'm not sure. A lot of people have come to count on that 2%income. Whether they pull back on spending and slow the economy more than 2% or everything works outs, I don't know. Hoping it works out now we have committed to raising it back up.

Hey, as I get closer and closer to retirement, I am very happy to realize that all that money that was taken out of my paychecks over the years, that I never really missed or paid much attention to, is now going to provide me with a monthly check that will effectively pay ALL of my basic necessities, including utilities, heat, food, phones, tv, internet,

not to mention paying much of my medical needs,

and thus my pension, my savings, investments, and any money I might make here and there on side,

all of that can go for whatever I want. I am grateful to the government for doing that, and not ashamed to say that I most likely would not have done that on my own, especially in my long misspent youth.

Hey, as I get closer and closer to retirement, I am very happy to realize that all that money that was taken out of my paychecks over the years, that I never really missed or paid much attention to, is now going to provide me with a monthly check that will effectively pay ALL of my basic necessities, including utilities, heat, food, phones, tv, internet,

and thus my pension, my savings, investments, and any money I might make here and there on side,

all of that can go for whatever I want. I am grateful to the government for doing that, and not ashamed to say that I most likely would not have done that on my own, especially in my long misspent youth.

So why can't the youth of America grasp that simple concept that has worked for generations?

So you depended on the government to do what you would not do, due to your irresponsibility.

Seems your irresponsibility should be the issue addressed....not how the government can cover your ass as you gang bang around town spending money on booze and video games.

The 2% helped me put more in my 401(k) NYC. I work with big ticket items. The typical response to less income is to cut or delay big purchases. My income will most likely be effected much more than 2%.

So you depended on the government to do what you would not do, due to your irresponsibility.

Seems your irresponsibility should be the issue addressed....not how the government can cover your ass as you gang bang around town spending money on booze and video games.

So? I paid for it.

The 2% helped me put more in my 401(k) NYC. I work with big ticket items. The typical response to less income is to cut or delay big purchases. My income will most likely be effected much more than 2%.

I put the entire amount of my payroll tax cut in my IRA. The problem with the cut was, it was intended to boost spending, not saving.

That was one more reason it was a bad idea.

So? I paid for it.

Yep. You paid for it.

So did I.

But I paid for it becuase I had to by law. Not becuase I didnt trust my sense of personal responsibility.

You admittedly paid for it for two reasons. First, becuase it was law. And second, becuase you, ADMITTEDLY, could not trust yourself to do for yourself what you needed to do for yourself.

SO you admittedly count in the government to do it for you.

This explains many of your posts in the past btw.

I put the entire amount of my payroll tax cut in my IRA. The problem with the cut was, it was intended to boost spending, not saving.

That was one more reason it was a bad idea.

Yes. True.

The government assumes we will all be irresponsible with our money and spend what we have regardless of the economic climate.

Some paid down debt too. Granted, two percent isn't a huge dent in the problem.

Forum List

Back