NOW Obama supporters are asking..my SS withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?

“What happened that my Social Security withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?” a poster wrote on the liberal site DemocraticUnderground.com.
“My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”

Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.
So this week, as taxes went up for millions of Americans — which Republicans predicted throughout the campaign would happen — it was fun to watch the agoggery of the left.
“I know to expect between $93 and $94 less in my paycheck on the 15th,” wrote the ironically named “RomneyLies.”
“My boyfriend has had a lot of expenses and is feeling squeezed right now, and having his paycheck shrink really didn’t help,” wrote “DemocratToTheEnd.”
“BlueIndyBlue” added: “Many of my friends didn’t realize it, either. Our payroll department didn’t do a good job of explaining the coming changes.”
So let’s explain something to our ill-informed Democratic friends. In 2009, Mr. Obama enacted a “holiday” on the payroll tax deduction from employees’ paychecks, dropping the rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. But like the holidays, the drop ended, and like New Year‘s, the revelers woke up the next morning with a massive hangover and a pounding head.

CURL: Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases - Washington Times

These ardent Democrat/Obama supporters are now ASKING "Did Obama LIE when he pledged"""

"I can make a firm pledge: Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”

How many topics on the payroll tax are you going to start until you get it through your thick head that you have paid less payroll taxes for the past two years than you would have?

Did you start this many topics praising Obama for cutting the payroll tax? Why have you not praised him to the skies for this?

Now that the tax cut has expired, you are paying what you were paying before the temporary tax cut. You taxes did not go up, they went DOWN. For TWO YEARS! And now your payroll taxes are not one cent higher than when Obama made that promise.

So in the four years of the Obama Administration, he has saved 77 percent of Americans money on payroll taxes.

What kind of dipshit totalitarian mindset wants to see an emergency measure made permanent that would ADD to the national debt?

All that faux pain you are experiencing from the full amount of payroll taxes today? That's how much pain you have been spared from for two years. So thank Obama for that.

What a pack of hypocrites.

well, you all sure didn't mind when Obama pushed for this and how much it added to the national dept...and how kind of Obama to GIVE this to people for a while...we should just all be thankful I guess

Geez you democrats, just like your leader Obama, seem to think conversation is always about you. Sorry to disappoint, but I have no comment or concern about what your personal opinion was supporting or opposing the payroll tax cut turned to increase. My question to you was," Do you think it matters to those that are seeing shrinking paychecks how Obama rigged the system to be able to campaign on giving tax cuts?"
I also thought that temporary payroll tax cuts were an act of idiocy when they were enacted, but, since Obama received the accolades then, he should reap the disdain now.

Obama giveth, Obama taketh away, All hail the name of Obama.

Since you attacked me personally and falsely accused me of having positions I didn't have, I think that makes my personal opinion quite relevant.

The president gave Americans a 2 year payroll tax cut. That's more than Bush did or Bush Sr. did, or Reagan did.

You're attacking Obama because you have an irrational hatred of Obama. Grow up.

The President didn't give anyone anything. The money earned by Americans belongs to them, not the govt and Obama. This is how you twits see things and think. You're sick.

No actually that isn't true. If the law has established that you have tax obligation, that money legally belongs to the government.

Move if you think you can find a place where all your money is yours and there are no taxes.

Geez you democrats, just like your leader Obama, seem to think conversation is always about you. Sorry to disappoint, but I have no comment or concern about what your personal opinion was supporting or opposing the payroll tax cut turned to increase. My question to you was," Do you think it matters to those that are seeing shrinking paychecks how Obama rigged the system to be able to campaign on giving tax cuts?"
I also thought that temporary payroll tax cuts were an act of idiocy when they were enacted, but, since Obama received the accolades then, he should reap the disdain now.

Obama giveth, Obama taketh away, All hail the name of Obama.

Since you attacked me personally and falsely accused me of having positions I didn't have, I think that makes my personal opinion quite relevant.

The president gave Americans a 2 year payroll tax cut. That's more than Bush did or Bush Sr. did, or Reagan did.

LMAO.. In what way did I attack you personally and what position did I accuse you of taking that was false? Details please.
Seriously, do you think that the two percent two year payroll tax cut Obama handed out was more than the tax cuts referred to as the "Bush tax cuts"?
And where did I attack Obama? I simply accurately pointed out his actions. Don't get delusional here.

Reread your own posts. Obama EXTENDED the Bush tax cuts.

Bush wanted to RAISE YOUR TAXES in 2011, but Obama stopped that from happening.

LMAO.. In what way did I attack you personally and what position did I accuse you of taking that was false? Details please.
Seriously, do you think that the two percent two year payroll tax cut Obama handed out was more than the tax cuts referred to as the "Bush tax cuts"?
And where did I attack Obama? I simply accurately pointed out his actions. Don't get delusional here.

LOL The smoke has been blown away from that mirror.

Liberals need to explain to other liberals the tax didn't go up. I mean, I've heard that countless times here already since the Fiscal Cliff bill passed.

It's pretty funny to see the 'nuts around here now almost unanimously supporting adding 100 billion dollars a year to the deficit,

just so they can oppose the President.

It's pretty funny to see the 'nuts around here now almost unanimously supporting adding 100 billion dollars a year to the deficit,

Funny to see all the loons supporting more stimulus well in excess of 100 billion dollars.

Where's your outrage over the pork in the Fiscal Cliff bill?

Funny to see all the loons supporting more stimulus well in excess of 100 billion dollars.

Where's your outrage over the pork in the Fiscal Cliff bill?

Do you support extending the payroll tax cut or not?

Uhm, Bush left office in 2009 you twit....

His tax cuts expired in 2011, so he wanted to raise your taxes in 2011.

That is exactly how this payroll tax is being characterized.

Have you noticed that all the Obama bashers in these payroll tax threads won't even state their own position on the payroll tax??

too funny. you people are children.

It was expected that even a president as inept as Obama could have a decent economy in almost three years.

Having end dates for revenue and expenditures is genius actually.

Is there any rethug who understands the word; temporary? As in temporary tax cut.

How about the word expire? As in; let the SSI tax cut expire after a period of time.

Big words, hard to understand for rethugs. But unlike Bush, who had to push his tax cut expiration onto a different presdient, Obama did what he said he would. Let the SSI cuts expire.

Don't you hate it when that happens? You know, a president doing what he said he would do.

Actually, it seems that it's the Democrats who are complaining about their taxes going up that don't seem to understand the word expire.

And actually, President Bush pushed to have the tax cuts made permenant. So he didn't push them off onto anyone. Democrats did that when they opposed making them permenant.

And Bush was trying to make them permenant. It's the Democrats who insisted that they expire. You can't insist that they expire and than whine about President Bush making them expire when he didn't want them to.

Compromise is a funny thing. it totally sucks most of the time.

Have you noticed that all the Obama bashers in these payroll tax threads won't even state their own position on the payroll tax??

HEY... I would LOVE to have had when I started graduated from college and started my first professional job at 22 the chance to have 10% deducted from my paycheck every year for the 50 years I worked!
IF I could have simply put that accumulation plus my employers' contributions into my local bank accumulating at 2% per year.
I couldn't touch it, borrow it. But all the payroll taxes accumulating!
By the time I was 66 without changing anything and having accumulated in FDIC insured account I'd have $935,292!
Almost a million bucks! MINE to pay health costs say of $200,000 (No medicare obviously! and at my current $1,600/month and I lived to 90 I'd still have over $300,000 for my heirs! My one son could have a tremendous nest egg to accumulate!

SO hell yes! I'd LOVE to have 10% going into investments I control! NO RISKY stock market (actually yes because there is NO risk over 50 years DJI average 7%), but I have the choice instead of my payroll taxes being part of the $2.6m going to China to study why prostitutes drink on the job or $1.4m to study Vietnamese male prostitutes!

It would be all mine... NOT the government AND also the Government would have NO responsibility for Social Security /Medicare... I'm a big boy and can take care of myself... with the $935,000 accumulation!!

:lol:
that's some real bull there..but we expected it to be spun that way..

Last edited:

HEY... I would LOVE to have had when I started graduated from college and started my first professional job at 22 the chance to have 10% deducted from my paycheck every year for the 50 years I worked!
IF I could have simply put that accumulation plus my employers' contributions into my local bank accumulating at 2% per year.
I couldn't touch it, borrow it. But all the payroll taxes accumulating!
By the time I was 66 without changing anything and having accumulated in FDIC insured account I'd have $935,292!
Almost a million bucks! MINE to pay health costs say of $200,000 (No medicare obviously! and at my current $1,600/month and I lived to 90 I'd still have over $300,000 for my heirs! My one son could have a tremendous nest egg to accumulate!

SO hell yes! I'd LOVE to have 10% going into investments I control! NO RISKY stock market (actually yes because there is NO risk over 50 years DJI average 7%), but I have the choice instead of my payroll taxes being part of the $2.6m going to China to study why prostitutes drink on the job or $1.4m to study Vietnamese male prostitutes!

It would be all mine... NOT the government AND also the Government would have NO responsibility for Social Security /Medicare... I'm a big boy and can take care of myself... with the $935,000 accumulation!!

Like I said, have you noticed that the Obama bashers won't state their position on the payroll tax?

And Bush was trying to make them permenant. It's the Democrats who insisted that they expire. You can't insist that they expire and than whine about President Bush making them expire when he didn't want them to.

Compromise is a funny thing. it totally sucks most of the time.

Bush was cutting taxes at a time when raising taxes was the right thing to do.

Forum List

Back