NOW Obama supporters are asking..my SS withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?

“What happened that my Social Security withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?” a poster wrote on the liberal site DemocraticUnderground.com.
“My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”

Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.
So this week, as taxes went up for millions of Americans — which Republicans predicted throughout the campaign would happen — it was fun to watch the agoggery of the left.
“I know to expect between $93 and $94 less in my paycheck on the 15th,” wrote the ironically named “RomneyLies.”
“My boyfriend has had a lot of expenses and is feeling squeezed right now, and having his paycheck shrink really didn’t help,” wrote “DemocratToTheEnd.”
“BlueIndyBlue” added: “Many of my friends didn’t realize it, either. Our payroll department didn’t do a good job of explaining the coming changes.”
So let’s explain something to our ill-informed Democratic friends. In 2009, Mr. Obama enacted a “holiday” on the payroll tax deduction from employees’ paychecks, dropping the rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. But like the holidays, the drop ended, and like New Year‘s, the revelers woke up the next morning with a massive hangover and a pounding head.

CURL: Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases - Washington Times

These ardent Democrat/Obama supporters are now ASKING "Did Obama LIE when he pledged"""

"I can make a firm pledge: Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”

"uninformed voters" People want to "spout their shit", but do not know "shit"

How many of you geniuses on the right realize that the payroll tax cut was not actually a tax cut?

...despite all of us referring to it as such...

How many of you geniuses on the right realize that the payroll tax cut was not actually a tax cut?

So, why didn't you point that out while Obama was touting it as a reason to re-elect himself? Did you not mind him calling it a tax cut?

In a sane world the Bush tax cuts would have expired on all incomes. The Buffet rule would be in effect, and the tax rates would apply to all income, whatever the source. The 6.2 % I pay on SS would also go right up to the top, on all income.

We would cut our military down to the point where we are only spending as much as the next 7 countries combined, and have a universal single payer health care system paid for by an increase in income taxes at all levels.

And that would balance the budget, with just cutting the waste out of present domestic programs, and leave us with money to start rebuilding our infrastructure.

A) YOU mean TAX avoider Buffett??? (What is the Buffet" Rule".. I know details,details... but they do count!)
Buffett's Berkshire Owes $1 Billion In Back Taxes
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Report: Buffett's Berkshire Owes $1 Billion In Back Taxes
If he just paid his back taxes that would make him more believable!!!

B) Do you think double taxation is FAIR?? I mean do you think if you pay Federal income taxes at one level and then get charged again Federal taxes is fair?

C) You realize of course OUR MILITARY subsidizes the NEXT 7 countries combined in DIRECT AID and MILITARY AID which part of the military budget used for?

D) 6.2% ALL LEVELS of income right??
Now OLDIE... this is a little more complicated for especially people like you!
Down load this excel file from the IRS if you know how!!!
SOI Tax Stats - Individual Statistical Tables by Size of Adjusted Gross Income

You will see the total adjusted gross income filed by 17,438,264 taxpayers making over $100,000 of the 140,494,127 tax returns in 2009 is $3,525,608,772,000
($3.5 trillion if you have a problem)..
Simply put.. taxing $3.5 trillion as you suggest at 6.2% would generate the equivalent of less then 3.5% of the $6.2 trillion 2013 projected US expenditures..
Or enough to run the government for 13 days!!

So go for it though raise the payroll taxes on over $100K and see what happens again!

Seriously OLDIE you really should deal with the FACTS and down load AS I'VE done the latest report from the IRS for the 140 million tax returns for 2009!
Maybe just maybe DEALING With realities might alter your perceptions!!!

In a sane world the Bush tax cuts would have expired on all incomes. The Buffet rule would be in effect, and the tax rates would apply to all income, whatever the source. The 6.2 % I pay on SS would also go right up to the top, on all income.

We would cut our military down to the point where we are only spending as much as the next 7 countries combined, and have a universal single payer health care system paid for by an increase in income taxes at all levels.

And that would balance the budget, with just cutting the waste out of present domestic programs, and leave us with money to start rebuilding our infrastructure.

And of course your only solution is to tax. Never offer anything constructive, just more taking and giving to an irresponsible unaccountable govt with no questions asked. Not surprising. Also, no mention of cutting drastic portions out domestic programs.

So, why didn't you point that out while Obama was touting it as a reason to re-elect himself? Did you not mind him calling it a tax cut?

Thats right. They had no problem with O calling it a tax cut.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
$Pelosilaughing.jpeg

For you Democrats that have seen your paycheck reduced!

Why are you calling it a tax cut now?

The payroll tax cut was set up to reimbursed out of the general funds. All it did was shift the revenue source from the payroll tax to the income, corporate, etc. taxes that fund the general fund.

Or more precisely, it was pretty much added to the deficit as borrowing.

The payroll tax cut was set up to reimbursed out of the general funds. All it did was shift the revenue source from the payroll tax to the income, corporate, etc. taxes that fund the general fund.

Bless your heart but it's not a tax cut anymore. Now it's a tax increase. Obama raised taxes on the middle class. So much for promises.

Bless your heart but it's not a tax cut anymore. Now it's a tax increase. Obama raised taxes on the middle class. So much for promises.

Did you know that the treasury was reimbursing the trust fund for the lost revenue?

According to Forbes - Oct 29th, 2012 - both Obama and Romney supported letting the payroll tax cut expire.

What Is Obama's Tax Plan? - Forbes

What Exactly Is Mitt Romney's Tax Plan? - Forbes

So unless you want to prove that Forbes is wrong, all of you who voted for Mitt Romney voted to have him raise your payroll taxes, by your own 'reasoning'.

In O's case, he supported decreasing the tax when the economy was horrible. Now he supported increasing the tax when the economy is still horrible. Strange paradox, huh?

I opposed the payroll tax cut in 2010, and opposed it ever since.

I appear to be about the only person around here who's been consistent and intellectually honest and non-hypocritical on the issue.

Please read this table and then tell me that payroll TAXES are NOT considered as GENERAL FUNDS to the US TREASURY???

Did you know that SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE are called TAXES??
Down load this and then comment OK???

In 2011 this was the Total Federal Revenues and sources:REPEAT this is total Revenue sources for Federal Government!!!
  • Personal income tax $1,015 47.4% people that work for companies that work for profits primarily.
  • Social security/Medicare tax $818 35.5% employer pays Half of total paid-- where will that come from???
  • Corporate income tax $181 7.8% corporate evil profits generate taxes - then dividends taxed again!
  • Customs,Duties, Misc. $131 5.7%
  • Excise taxes $72 3.1%
  • Estate & Gift $7 0.4%
Total: $2,302 100%
Federal Revenues by Source

According to Forbes - Oct 29th, 2012 - both Obama and Romney supported letting the payroll tax cut expire.

So unless you want to prove that Forbes is wrong, all of you who voted for Mitt Romney voted to have him raise your payroll taxes, by your own 'reasoning'.

In O's case, he supported decreasing the tax when the economy was horrible. Now he supported increasing the tax when the economy is still horrible. Strange paradox, huh?

Do you support extending the payroll tax?

Tax cuts when you're elected that expire right after you're re-elected. Politically sound thing to do. The stupid ones who vote for this fraud can't figure it out, and even if they do they will believe Obama is doing the right thing because he cares.

Please read this table and then tell me that payroll TAXES are NOT considered as GENERAL FUNDS to the US TREASURY???

Did you know that SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE are called TAXES??
Down load this and then comment OK???

In 2011 this was the Total Federal Revenues and sources:REPEAT this is total Revenue sources for Federal Government!!!
  • Personal income tax $1,015 47.4% people that work for companies that work for profits primarily.
  • Social security/Medicare tax $818 35.5% employer pays Half of total paid-- where will that come from???
  • Corporate income tax $181 7.8% corporate evil profits generate taxes - then dividends taxed again!
  • Customs,Duties, Misc. $131 5.7%
  • Excise taxes $72 3.1%
  • Estate & Gift $7 0.4%
Total: $2,302 100%
Federal Revenues by Source

If they were considered general funds then the treasury would not have to sell SS treasury bonds, ie borrow the money out of the Trust Fund, and pay interest on it.

Did you know that the treasury was reimbursing the trust fund for the lost revenue?

So? Please tell us how that matters to the individual's that just saw their paychecks shrink? Do you think they care how Obama was rigging the game as long as they were reaping the benefits?

Forum List

Back