NOW Obama supporters are asking..my SS withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by healthmyths, Jan 6, 2013.

1. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,841
    “What happened that my Social Security withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?” a poster wrote on the liberal site DemocraticUnderground.com.
    “My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”

Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.
    So this week, as taxes went up for millions of Americans — which Republicans predicted throughout the campaign would happen — it was fun to watch the agoggery of the left.
    “I know to expect between $93 and $94 less in my paycheck on the 15th,” wrote the ironically named “RomneyLies.”
    “My boyfriend has had a lot of expenses and is feeling squeezed right now, and having his paycheck shrink really didn’t help,” wrote “DemocratToTheEnd.”
    “BlueIndyBlue” added: “Many of my friends didn’t realize it, either. Our payroll department didn’t do a good job of explaining the coming changes.”
    So let’s explain something to our ill-informed Democratic friends. In 2009, Mr. Obama enacted a “holiday” on the payroll tax deduction from employees’ paychecks, dropping the rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. But like the holidays, the drop ended, and like New Year‘s, the revelers woke up the next morning with a massive hangover and a pounding head.

CURL: Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases - Washington Times

These ardent Democrat/Obama supporters are now ASKING "Did Obama LIE when he pledged"""

"I can make a firm pledge: Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Clementine

Clementine Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,704
    So many refused to believe what some were saying about Obama's false promises regarding taxes. Now that we've all been hit where it hurts, people get it.

As people across the country are going over their own budgets and making changes in hopes of living within their lower income, politicians in Washington look to raising the debt ceiling so they can borrow and spend without making changes. Obama just effectively lowered the debt ceiling of millions of low income and middle class people. We don't have borrowing power and it probably doesn't matter now that we are less able to pay back loans anyway.

No budget for four years, out of control spending, raising the debt ceiling to borrow ourselves further into debt, higher taxes for all the poor working people and no meaningful cuts are apparently what some voted for last election. Enjoy.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,841
    Wow... THAT'S right about consumers "borrowing Power"...
    Creditors want to know your take home pay!
    With less take home pay less credit granted!
    Less credit... Less consuming!
    Less consuming Less GDP!

Did you know
    In 2011 this was the Total Federal Revenues and sources:REPEAT this is total Revenue sources for Federal Government!!!
    • Personal income tax $1,015 47.4% people that work for companies that work for profits primarily.
    • Social security/Medicare tax 818 35.5% employer pays Half of total paid-- where will that come from???
    • Corporate income tax 181 7.8% corporate evil profits generate taxes - then dividends taxed again!
    • Customs,Duties, Misc. 131 5.7%
    • Excise taxes 72 3.1%
    • Estate & Gift 7 0.4%
    Total: $2,302 100%
    Federal Revenues by Source

$ 2,302,000,000,000 in total Federal Revenue
    $15,000,000,000,000 Gross Domestic product.
    That is 17% of the GDP
    The GDP for 2011 was:In 2011, U.S. GDP, at over $15 trillion
    The Last Years of America's Historic GDP Reign - Businessweek

So IF the GDP doesn't GROW then TAX REVENUES don't grow!
    If the GDP shrinks.. TAX REVENUES will shrink!

Folks WE HAVE as they said a "PROBLEM"!
    the Federal Debt takes Just last year, the government spent $352,350,252,507.90 in interest on a total federal debt of $8.14 trillion. Yes, that’s $352 billion - granted a seemingly small amount when compared to the gargantuan federal budget of $2.7 trillion.
    Only two programs cost more, Medicare and Social Security.

And that was when the debt was $8 trillion!

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,152
    they will learn. i hope

5. Rshermr

Rshermr VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +855
    Who would have thought that Healthmyths, who normally posts bat shit crazy con site dogma, would post bat shit crazy con site dogma, this time from the bat shit crazy Washington Times. Dipshit.

6. Rshermr

Rshermr VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +855
    Or, instead of being a con tool posting con dogma, you could actually read the truth about this increase in SS tax.

"While Congress may have averted the fiscal cliff, one of the tax holidays they allowed to expire was a lower payroll tax rate.

The Boston Globe noted that President Obama had requested that the lower 4.2 percent payroll tax rate be extended, but lawmakers refused. The Social Security payroll tax rate is now 6.2 percent."
    Payroll tax increase has Americans asking #WhyIsMyPaycheckLessThisWeek | GlobalPost

Obama requested the rate not increase, you may have noticed. But Congress did not choose to do so. Who is it that controls the House??? Oh, yeah, that would be the Republican Party. And this increase had NOTHING to do with Obama at all. But you all thought it was a good opportunity to blame him for it, cause that is what you do. Dipshits.

So, there you go. Lying again, as does Healthmyths. And the cons just clap their fins like trained seals.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  7. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,627
    I agee. You reap what you sow.

All those idiots who were all for raising taxes on one group of people will now be losing money. LOL Hope they like having less in their budgets.

Hope they all enjoy the next four years. Too bad those of us who didn't vote for that fuck will be paying the price as well.

8. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,627
    Guess the Senate passed it as well. Who controls the Senate? Oh yeah. The Dems. Guess you Obama supporters can clap your fins like trained seals.

9. Too Tall

Too Tall Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Obama signed the bill into law.

10. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    I don't feel sorry for any of them