now, it's the IEA admitting peak

No rational person confuses a peak oilers religious beliefs with the overall topic of energy. Energy isn't just cheap, it is free you halfwit. Stick your hand outside the window on a sunny day and experience it for yourself.

LOL. When all else fails, just play a semantics game and switch to the literal definition of "energy," and play ignorant to the very obvious context we're talking about here.

You really are a true dick, aren't you?

Just because your religion has forced you to accept that some particular subset of the energy story takes precedence over all others doesn't mean your priests are right, only that you are stupid enough to have fallen for the propaganda.

Still waiting, then, for you to allude to the source of energy that is more efficient, versatile and abundant than conventional crude. You haven't provided it, because you know it doesn't exist., and that sends you into full dick mode.

Stop parroting and think for yourself already.

Delicious irony here.

Stop pretending oil is synonymous with energy.

For the practical purposes of a modern industrial society, and the markets that make them work, it most certainly is.

You're the one vaguely insisting its replaceable. Yet you can't quite quantify or qualify what that replacement will be.

You truly suck at this.

For the practical purposes of a modern industrial society, and the markets that make them work, it most certainly is.

Then not only are you a parrot, you are an ignorant fool as well. While the peak oil religion certainly needs ignorant foot soldiers to spread their dogma, go back and tell them we would prefer to have someone with a brain to converse with.

Then not only are you a parrot, you are an ignorant fool as well. While the peak oil religion certainly needs ignorant foot soldiers to spread their dogma, go back and tell them we would prefer to have someone with a brain to converse with.

LOL!

White flag accepted. Coward.

The peak oil brigade is leading us into bad policymaking on energy

There is enough oil and gas (and coal too) to fry the planet several times over. The problem is there may be too much fossil fuel, not too little, and that fossil fuel prices might be too low, not too high.

Yes, your team keeps saying that over and over again. But when it's pointed out to you that heavy synthetics from bitumen and kerogen are not actually oil, you keep glossing over like a special education student.

It's not our fault you have no idea what net energy refers to. Just look at RGR for an example of a dog chasing his tail.

Shall we review the guardian threads that acknowledge peak is already here? LOL

There is enough oil and gas (and coal too) to fry the planet several times over. The problem is there may be too much fossil fuel, not too little, and that fossil fuel prices might be too low, not too high.

Yes, your team keeps saying that over and over again. But when it's pointed out to you that heavy synthetics from bitumen and kerogen are not actually oil, you keep glossing over like a special education student.

The people who don't know the difference between reserves and production, don't know that trading 5 barrels of oil for 2 is damn stupid, and can't take the time to learn why these things matter, also don't know that they have already put some bitumen based fuels into their cars, so it doesn't matter WHERE they start out if the final product works.

Like flying airplanes on natural gas...the same wizards of ignorance just don't understand how the form of a thing can be changed and swapped around. Call them retarded special education students.

JiggsCasey said:
It's not our fault you have no idea what net energy refers to. Just look at RGR for an example of a dog chasing his tail.

RGR is too busy right now to educate the incompetents who can't even do EROEI math, and even if they could are still too ignorant to understand why it doesn't matter. The SPE national is in Denver next week, stop by and learn something useful parrot. Just don't open your mouth, lest the entire world of people who do this for a living deafen you with their laughter at what passes for knowledge among the amateurs.

JiggsCasey said:

Which peak oil? Ive lost count of how many we've been through over the years.:lol::lol:

RIGZONE - Harvard Study Refutes Concerns over Oil Becoming a Scarce Commodity

Global oil supply capacity is growing at an unprecedented level, and could result in an overproduction glut and steep dip in oil prices, according to a June 2012 study from Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government.

Contrary to the idea among some that global oil supply is running out, additional production of 17.6 million barrels of oil per day (bopd) could come online by 2020, boosting global production capacity to 110.6 million bopd, even with depletion rates for currently producing oilfields and reserve growth.

RIGZONE - Harvard Study Refutes Concerns over Oil Becoming a Scarce Commodity

Global oil supply capacity is growing at an unprecedented level, and could result in an overproduction glut and steep dip in oil prices, according to a June 2012 study from Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government.

Contrary to the idea among some that global oil supply is running out, additional production of 17.6 million barrels of oil per day (bopd) could come online by 2020, boosting global production capacity to 110.6 million bopd, even with depletion rates for currently producing oilfields and reserve growth.

FAIL!

But no surprise you'd run right to your favorite discussion forum and post it. Probably didn't even read the whole thing, did you? .... Maugeri - an oil industry shill - has been getting raped for this horrifically flawed "report" all summer. He doesn't even convey what the decline rates are for the math he's allegedly using.

If you believe the world will produce 110 million barrels per day within 8 years - as this fraud is attempting to pass off - you have a difficult time applying any semblance of critical analysis. I understand how you guys desperately want this crap to be true, but the industry analysts are laughing at you.

Maugeri is attempting to assert that unconventional, heavy oil production will multiply by a factor of 5 within 8 years, while still somehow making up for dying existing capacity declining at a rate of 4% per year. ... We'll NEVER produce 110 million barrels per day of liquid fuel that soon. NEVER.

Response to Leonardo Maugeri's Decline Rate Assumptions in "Oil: The Next Revolution"

New Energy Report from Harvard Makes Unsupportable Assumptions

Unconventional Oil is NOT a Game Changer

The oil industry repackages the fake abundance story (from the late 1990s)

Monbiot peak oil u-turn based on bad science, worse maths

and the absolute best one:

Don’t count on revolution in oil supply
by Sadad al-Husseini, former VP of exploration with Saudi Aramco

In regard to capacity declines, the report appears to confuse oil reserves depletion with capacity declines. In the world of petroleum engineering, depletion quantifies residual reserves in the ground, while declines define a reservoir’s ability to sustain a given level of production over time.

The report takes exception to the IEA’s 2008 estimate of an average 6.7% global oil capacity decline and offers an equivalent estimate of less than 2% per year. This low estimate is apparently based on the observation of historical production rates from major oil producing countries. It is not clear how the author extracted the convoluted effects of offsetting market volatility, spare capacity utilization, natural production declines, and ongoing new capacity investments from such historical trends.

... Not surprisingly, many oil executives have stated publicly that incremental oil supplies are now in a precarious balance with capacity declines and will remain so for years to come.

Much as all the stakeholders in the energy industry would like to be optimistic, it isn’t an oil glut by 2020 that is keeping oil prices as high as they are. It is the reality that the oil sector has been pushed to the limit of its capabilities and that this difficult challenge will dominate energy markets for the rest of the decade.​

Last edited:
Oh, and here's the author of your dumb link admitting he got his math wrong:

OIL GLUT FORECASTER MAUGERI ADMITS DUFF MATHS

Jiggsy! WHAZZUP! Missed our favorite religious nutbag!

Hey...noticed that we haven't run out yet? Got myself a Volt, doesn't even MATTER what numbers they post anymore on those crazy little billboards, I recommend you get one, join the Church of Scientology or the Moonies or some other cult and whine about something else already.

Jiggsy! WHAZZUP!

Oh, not much. Just busy intellectually raping dishonest douchebags on this topic in real life for a while, rather than just internet trolls.

Missed our favorite religious nutbag!

Missed you too, our favorite flat earther who has fatal trouble with basic arithmetic.

Hey...noticed that we haven't run out yet?

Well, besides the fact that I wrote some 50 times that it's not about "running out," great job being dishonest on the point, ... still. Fraud's gonna fraud. It's what you do.

Got myself a Volt, doesn't even MATTER what numbers they post anymore on those crazy little billboards, I recommend you get one, join the Church of Scientology or the Moonies or some other cult and whine about something else already.

LOL... you're such a troll. Too bad the Volt (which is failing badly) doesn't change the overall condition you deny is even happening.

There's no reason to act all butt-hurt because the industry's latest shill "report" went swirling down the toilet this summer. It's not my fault he sucks at math just like you do.

But why concern yourself with actual numbers when you can just keep acting like an asshat, tout how wealthy you are, straw man the entire premise being asserted, and pretend (with great irony) that we're the cultists. Classic.

We'll never get to 110 million barrels per day by 2020. You know it as well as I do. It's just that your dumb-ass "solution" to that certainty is to spew "so? get a bike."

Holy crap. Out of touch much?

Last edited:
The peak oil brigade is leading us into bad policymaking on energy

Ummmm but they work the same so how does that support your argument? You keep making these claims so when is the price of gas going to jump to 20 bucks a gallon? So far the prices we are seeing are based on governmental intervention not on lack of supply.

So when is disaster going to happen? I've been waiting for it to happen for 45 years now (from when I first heard the gospel of peak oil) and so far no joy. I'm prepared for the zombie apocalypse so come on, get it going!:lol:

Well, besides the fact that I wrote some 50 times that it's not about "running out," great job being dishonest on the point, ... still. Fraud's gonna fraud. It's what you do.

Yeah, but the only reason you religious fanatics don't call it running out anymore is because of all the other times running out was claimed and it never happened. Now you call it "peak" and try and stretch that into the same effects....except it doesn't work so well, because what peak apparently means is people can buy tanker trucks of fuel if they wish. Sort of takes the sting out of the entire "running out" side effects you guys have been praying for.

JiggsCasey said:
We'll never get to 110 million barrels per day by 2020. You know it as well as I do. It's just that your dumb-ass "solution" to that certainty is to spew "so? get a bike."

I have a bike. 4 of them to be exact. And scooters, and a motorcycle, and a few cars as well. The right tool for the job grandpa always said. But I really like my peak oil solving Volt.

So Jiggsy, what's going to get us first? - Peak Oil or Global Warming? :lol:

considering the symptoms were already dealing with from both? Tough call.

Good observation on your part, I agree: It's very neck-and-neck.

Ummmm but they work the same so how does that support your argument?

Because the new kind requires exponentially more to do the same job? You're alert when you absorb this thread, yes? We're hundreds of posts in, and most of us can agree that aspect of the discussion was made clear a long time ago.

You keep making these claims so when is the price of gas going to jump to 20 bucks a gallon?

False dichotomy calling.

So far the prices we are seeing are based on governmental intervention not on lack of supply.

LOL. Maybe 20 cents worth of it, at most. .... The prices we are seeing are based on geology and the world's insatiable, rapacious appetite for the prize. It is the greatest, most efficient, most versatile energy source we've ever found. Prices will get worse, and people like you will just keep telling yourselves the long-term price increase is all artificial and mere conspiracy.

Fail.

So when is disaster going to happen? I've been waiting for it to happen for 45 years now (from when I first heard the gospel of peak oil) and so far no joy. I'm prepared for the zombie apocalypse so come on, get it going!:lol:

I have confidence you didn't really know much about it until this forum, and have been learning as you go along. And what you did grasp in your past, you argued against a straw man opponent in your own mind and beat him. Good job.

You don't even know what this is about, I can tell by the way your argument has adapted in this thread and others like it. This is especially clear in the way you ask for clarification on some of the most basic concepts already discussed many times over.

I have a feeling my vote will be canceling out yours. I'm grateful for the opportunity.

Last edited:

Yeah, but the only reason you religious fanatics don't call it running out anymore is because of all the other times running out was claimed and it never happened. Now you call it "peak" and try and stretch that into the same effects....except it doesn't work so well, because what peak apparently means is people can buy tanker trucks of fuel if they wish. Sort of takes the sting out of the entire "running out" side effects you guys have been praying for.

LOL. I never claimed peak oil would arrive at any sooner date than it already is. Now.

So now you're asserting what my belief system must have been before you met me here so you can work backwards from a conclusion in your own goofy mind. Could you be more infantile at this point?

I never claimed it was "running out before." Neither did the authors at MIT in their book "Limits to Growth." You never read it, so you wouldn't actually know what they claimed back then. It was alluding to this past decade and into the next one. We reached peak in 2005. They were right then, and they're being proven right with each passing month. We'll never get to 110 million barrels per day by 2020.

Let me know how you and westfail fare up against that straw man you've created. I'll be over here arguing the same position I've never wavered from since the start.

McFail.

I have a bike. 4 of them to be exact. And scooters, and a motorcycle, and a few cars as well. The right tool for the job grandpa always said. But I really like my peak oil solving Volt.

So awesome. Every time you flaunt your alleged wealth, you look like more and more of an asshat, and the irony becomes more and more amusing. You embody the out-of-touch free marketeer to a T.

In the end, your entire argument in this exchange has retreated to the logical final rallying point: "OK, you're right it's getting more expensive. So who gives a crap? I can afford it. If the savages who make less than me can't afford it, fuck em. I'll be fine, so your argument is dumb." It's the same every time when dealing with you guys. :eusa_whistle:

Keep being you.

Last edited:

LOL. I never claimed peak oil would arrive at any sooner date than it already is. Now.

So now you're asserting what my belief system must have been before you met me here so you can work backwards from a conclusion in your own goofy mind. Could you be more infantile at this point?

I never claimed it was "running out before." Neither did the authors at MIT in their book "Limits to Growth." You never read it, so you wouldn't actually know what they claimed back then. It was alluding to this past decade and into the next one. We reached peak in 2005. They were right then, and they're being proven right with each passing month. We'll never get to 110 million barrels per day by 2020.

Let me know how you and westfail fare up against that straw man you've created. I'll be over here arguing the same position I've never wavered from since the start.

McFail.

So awesome. Every time you flaunt your alleged wealth, you look like more and more of an asshat, and the irony becomes more and more amusing. You embody the out-of-touch free marketeer to a T.

In the end, your entire argument in this exchange has retreated to the logical final rallying point: "OK, you're right it's getting more expensive. So who gives a crap? I can afford it. If the savages who make less than me can't afford it, fuck em. I'll be fine, so your argument is dumb." It's the same every time when dealing with you guys. :eusa_whistle:

Keep being you.

And all the while more and more natural gas and oil is discovered. But hey, keep on keepin on. In the next 100 years or so you may get it right.:D

"Highlights of the report include an increase in gas supplies that is the largest in the 44-year history of reports from the Potential Gas Committee. Estimated gas reserves rose to 2.07 quadrillion cubic feet in 2008, from 1.5 quadrillion cubic feet in 2006 when the last report was issued."

Potential Gas Committee Report Places U.S. Gas Reserves At 2.07 Quadrillion Cubic Feet

Wow! - Didn't these wackos say that global oil production peaked in 2005? According to the peak oil doomers it should have been lights out by now. :lol: I wonder how global oil production keeps on rising? Are they shipping oil in from Mars? :cuckoo:

Screen+shot+2012-03-15+at+8.40.34+AM.png

Forum List

Back