now its illegal to express yourself

Your statement is misleading. This isn't a case of having a rope in the back of a truck. It's a case of displaying hangman's nooses from the back of a truck in an already racially-inflamed environment.

Now I could be wrong, but I had always heard it was illegal to possess a hangman's noose.

Depends on individual State laws and I also think in some States it has to be a certain specific knot. BUT the INTENT was clear. It can be illegal to intimidate, threaten force ( which one can construe from a hangmans noose on the back of a pickup) or attempt to cause fear.

Having them out and on his truck while purposefully repeatedly driving by these people would , in my opinion be a threat. He INTENDED for the nooses to provoke fear. They were specifically for the purpose of intimidation.

Those can be crimes.

Man---It would suck if a black person got killed by something everyone needs or loves.

I've often wondered about that, actually. I've never quite understood why the cross ISN'T a negative symbol for Christians. I'm not saying that to be disrespectful. I am genuinely curious.

Jesus Christ freely and knowingly gave his life so that all mankind could receive forgiveness for Adam's sin in the garden. It was an act of LOVE and Forgiveness.

Fair enough. Thank you. That being the case, why do some believe that people are still born with sin?

Because we ARE according to the teachings. Jesus provides a means to be forgiven. He did not wipe the slate clean, he simply provided a path one must chose to take to be forgiven.

He sacrificed himself so that all people could now have a means to be forgiven. He did not undo the Original Sin. He did not remove free will. And he did not stop or prevent sin.

Because we ARE according to the teachings. Jesus provides a means to be forgiven. He did not wipe the slate clean, he simply provided a path one must chose to take to be forgiven.

He sacrificed himself so that all people could now have a means to be forgiven. He did not undo the Original Sin. He did not remove free will. And he did not stop or prevent sin.

Thank you for responding. I was taught that everyone is a blank slate. But I appreciate the time you took. Thank you.

Forum List

Back