Now it's a basic law: The State of Israel is the national home of the Jewish people

we are not discussing whether or not there is discrimination (we both agree there clearly is)

End of argument then eh! :clap:

Yet, you continue to defend Israels discrimination?

Hmmm

So, you're a zealot. Hmmm.

How do you work that out?

Don't need to work it out. It's self evident.

So I am a member of an ancient Jewish sect aiming at a world Jewish theocracy? :113:

we are not discussing whether or not there is discrimination (we both agree there clearly is)

Hmmm

So I am a member of an ancient Jewish sect aiming at a world Jewish theocracy? :113:

How should I know?

Hmmm

How should I know?

Thought you said it was "self evident"?

Do you know your own name? Just asking! :cuckoo:

How should I know?

No you're not. You're being a jerk.

Just who the modern Palestinians are is a matter of conjecture.

Palestinian Arabs claim various lines of descent some of which seem more legend than fact. The Nusseibeh family claim to have descened from the Arab invaders under Omar (about 640). The Dajani claim descent from an Arabian knight, The Husseini family seem to be associated with with Ottoman invaders (1510s). The Nashashibi family are apparently descended from Bowmen of Salah Eddin. Izzedin Al Qassam, the Palestinian national hero, was born in Syria.

Histclo.com

How should I know?

No you're not. You're being a jerk.

And you are being a moron!

RE: Now it's a basic law: The State of Israel is the national home of the Jewish people
※→ Humanity, et al,

Just so I understand the true nature of your allegation. Teach me!

Article 22(2) Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court
PART 3. GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF CRIMINAL LAW
Nullum crimen sine lege

The definition of a crime shall be strictly construed and shall not be extended by
analogy. In case of ambiguity, the definition shall be interpreted in favour of the
person being investigated, prosecuted or convicted.​

Is that like Israel is the only country that thinks illegal occupation by Israel is acceptable?
(QUESTION)

Just so I am clear.

• Exactly what international law specifically covers the distinction between an "Illegal Occupation" and a "Legal Occupation?"
What are the characteristics of a "Legal Occupation?"
What are the characteristics of a "Illegal Occupation?"​

(COMMENT)

There is either an "Occupation" or there is "No Occupation" under Article 43 of the Hague Regulation.

What we should be looking at is the way in which the Hostile Arab Palestinians fit Article 19 -
Prohibiting Incitement to Discrimination, Hostility or Violence:

The recommendations to be used for interpreting and implementing those international obligations which prohibit all advocacy that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence (“incitement” or “incitement to hatred”), as mandated by Article 20(2) of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (“ICCPR”). (Any advocacy of national, racial or religious hatred that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence shall be prohibited by law. )

Since I've already raised the issues in the Artilce20(2) in the last several months (more than just several times), will I will dispense by saying that the Arab Palestinian people cannot provoke a confrontation and then claim that the Article 43 response is excessive.

Most Respectfully,
R

RE: Now it's a basic law: The State of Israel is the national home of the Jewish people
※→ Humanity, et al,

Just so I understand the true nature of your allegation. Teach me!

Article 22(2) Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court
PART 3. GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF CRIMINAL LAW
Nullum crimen sine lege

The definition of a crime shall be strictly construed and shall not be extended by
analogy. In case of ambiguity, the definition shall be interpreted in favour of the
person being investigated, prosecuted or convicted.​

Is that like Israel is the only country that thinks illegal occupation by Israel is acceptable?
(QUESTION)

Just so I am clear.

• Exactly what international law specifically covers the distinction between an "Illegal Occupation" and a "Legal Occupation?"
What are the characteristics of a "Legal Occupation?"
What are the characteristics of a "Illegal Occupation?"​

(COMMENT)

There is either an "Occupation" or there is "No Occupation" under Article 43 of the Hague Regulation.

What we should be looking at is the way in which the Hostile Arab Palestinians fit Article 19 -
Prohibiting Incitement to Discrimination, Hostility or Violence:

The recommendations to be used for interpreting and implementing those international obligations which prohibit all advocacy that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence (“incitement” or “incitement to hatred”), as mandated by Article 20(2) of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (“ICCPR”). (Any advocacy of national, racial or religious hatred that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence shall be prohibited by law. )

Since I've already raised the issues in the Artilce20(2) in the last several months (more than just several times), will I will dispense by saying that the Arab Palestinian people cannot provoke a confrontation and then claim that the Article 43 response is excessive.

Most Respectfully,
R
What Palestinian response to Israel's illegal activity is acceptable to you?

No, you can't have it both ways!

Israel declares Jerusalem as its undivided capital so there is no "East Jerusalem" in the way you are trying to use the term!

Seems a rather lame argument from you on this one. IF Israel considers Jerusalem as its undivided capital then of course it has responsibilities in "East Jerusalem" equal to its responsibilities in "West Jerusalem".

I'm no hypocrite. I agree that Israel should annex all of Jerusalem. And yes, that means it has equal responsibilities to all its citizens and residents. That absolutely means Israeli funding, and also Israeli curriculum and Israeli teachers and Israeli buildings. Actually, I think it should go one step further -- all the resident non-citizens of Jerusalem should be required to declare citizenship. If they declare loyalty to Israel, they get citizenship and they stay. If they declare Palestinian citizenship they are given some NIS in compensation and deported to Palestine. If they turn terrorist they are deported immediately with no compensation.

Now, here's problem. You, and others, will declare that is stealing land, destroying Palestinian culture, discrimination, etc.

The sole legal distinction between Jewish and Arab citizens of Israel is that the latter are not required to serve in the Israeli army. This was to spare Arab citizens the need to take up arms against their brethren. Nevertheless, many Arabs have volunteered for military duty and the Druze and Circassian communities are subject to the draft.

From JVL.
There are a lot of non combat positions in IDF. There is also alternative national service, which Arabs ignore too.

It is true that all Israelis born in that territory (most of them) have rights in that territory, as do all Palestinians. That is the problem that has to be resolved.

The resolution is simple. It is the same resolution applied to Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia and USSR and Korea and Sudan and the Ottoman Empire. It is the same resolution which has already been applied to Palestine.

Hmmm

There is social discrimination in Israel, just as there is in nearly every place in the world. I have NEVER denied that.

This is not at all the same thing as institutionalized, government-endorsed discrimination. In fact, the opposite is true in Israel. Israel's court system works very hard to draw a balanced, even approach to all its citizens -- even to the point of discriminating against Jews.

※→ Humanity, et al,

Oh, this is something you need to rethink. This improper question that has no answer.

What Palestinian response to Israel's illegal activity is acceptable to you?
(COMMENT)

Illegal Activity is assessed in terms of its impact and its magnitude. All codified true violations have penalties across the legal range of prosecution that vary on the severity of the crime.

There is no absolute law and the is no one system of law. Clearly, it is legal in the mind of many Arab Palestinians kill with the direct intent to target innocent civilians. Whereas that is totally illegal in the eyes of the Israeli.

(ANSWER)

The acceptable response encourages the development of international law and of relations among States, in promoting the rule of law among nations and particularly the universal application of the principles embodied in the Charter.

Most Respectfully,
R

The fear is there because that is not how they see events unfolding and there is some legitimacy in those fears. Land loss and confiscations through absentee landowner laws look VERY DIFFERENT to an Arab than to a Jew. Where as Israeli Jews are seeing a society where Arab citizens have the same “rights” as Jews, Arabs see a society where they are discriminated against, despised, do not have the same land rights. They have seen some of their political parties banned, make a fraction of the income their Jewish counterparts do and receive a fraction of the investment in their communities but by the Israeli government. Are the fears really irrational? I don’t think so.

I think maybe you are in some respects conflating Arab Palestinians and Arab Israelis. We are speaking here strictly of Arab Israeli citizens.

Confiscations happened to BOTH Arabs and Jews. Internally displaced absentee landowners should be restored where possible, and compensated where not. For BOTH Arabs and Jews. Sorting it out is a mess, but Israel's court system appears to me to be fair and if anything slightly discriminatory towards Israeli Jews rather than Israeli Arabs. If you have specific examples you want to discuss, I'd be glad to go into more detail.

Israeli Arabs, by definition, have not had ANY land loss in terms of sovereignty. (And actually, Palestine has not experienced any actual "land loss" either since the territory is still disputed.)

I disagree with you that Arab Israelis see a society where they are discriminated against, despised and do not have the same rights. Again, I'd be glad to discuss any specific cases with you, but I think you are conflating Arab Israelis with Arab Palestinian rights, especially in Area C. Remember the Supreme Court has upheld the decision that there can be no such thing as Jew-only communities while there can be Arab-only communities. Its affirmative action.

Yes, I don't disagree that there is discrimination (as there is everywhere in the world) but I also see Israel working to address that discrimination for all its citizens.

To my knowledge, the only political party banned in Israel was a Jewish one, but feel free to link me.

I did a LOT of research into the economic disparity between Israeli Arabs and Israeli Jews and if you correct for the very small number of working Arab women (a cultural thing and not a discrimination thing) and for the Bedouin peoples (again a cultural thing and not a discrimination thing) there is not much of a wage gap between Arab and Jewish Israelis. And that wage gap can be largely attributed to education -- the more highly educated, the higher the wage. Arabs tend to go to school for fewer years than Jews. Why is that? Is it a cultural thing or a discrimination thing? Or something else at play?
For example, this article is good ( The paradox of being an Arab member of Israel's Knesset )
I'm not surprised that you like revelations of a well known hater of Israel and supporter of terrorists.
I am not surprised you resort to personal attacks. Fortunately there are others here far more capable of quality discussion.

Forum List

Back