Now it is time to rein in the Courts.

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
The third branch of Government has spent the last 15 to 20 years and especially the last 5 stepping all over the power of the legislature and the States. It is past time for something to be done about activist Courts and stupid Judges.

The latest case in point. Court order blocks Okla. amendment on Islamic law - Yahoo! News

Absolutely ignorant. The Courts have no business dictating to the States what they can and can not do. In this particular case no violation of any Federal law or power has occurred which means the Federal Court has no Jurisdiction.

And don't cite the 1st Amendment since it declares Sharia law can not be part of our laws to begin with. As for Foreign influence the Constitution also promises that foreign Government INCLUDING their Courts have no say in US law.

I agree. I think a movement to impeach Roberts and censure the other four corporatist puppets who imposed the Citizens United ruling on us is in order.

Let it start there.

Absolutely ignorant. The Courts have no business dictating to the States what they can and can not do. In this particular case no violation of any Federal law or power has occurred which means the Federal Court has no Jurisdiction.

And don't cite the 1st Amendment since it declares Sharia law can not be part of our laws to begin with. As for Foreign influence the Constitution also promises that foreign Government INCLUDING their Courts have no say in US law.

Um, I will cite the First, because it clearly states that the government can recognize no establishment of religion, and to explicitly abolish only one set of religious laws does, by default, establish the superiority of another faith. And your argument makes no sense, since the adoption of one law to become our own does not amount to another government having jurisdiction over our own.

Forum List

Back