Now is not the time to talk about gun laws...

you keep ignoring the concept of "Well Regulated".

Lanza walking into a preschool with a bunch of weapons is not "Well-regulated."

back when the 2nd Amendment was written, "well-regulated" meant "maintaining competency by means of regular target practice"...

and if you bothered to read what the framers intended (and they left behind a plethora of writings on the subject), you'd know that the 2nd Amendment was indeed about an individual's ability to keep guns...

Back when the 2nd amendment was written, the most firepower an individual could garner was a Flintlock Musket.

According to the Continental army training manual, there were 13 steps to firing a musket. In short, a soldier had to get a cartridge, tear it open with his teeth, put a little bit of powder in the firing mechanism, put the rest of the powder and a gun ball down the barrel, ram the ball and powder home, cock the musket and fire.

The musket was not an accurate weapon, so even after all that work, the soldier didn’t have the greatest chance of shooting his intended target. ref.

Which is why rifles had Bayonets on them. After you failed to hit your target, you just stuck him with the bayonet.

Oh, wait, don't bring up bayonets... it's likely to put LadyShitSlinger into a tizzy.

I don't own a gun. I don't live in fear. I don't cling to guns, THAT is the very core of conservatism.

you're just being goofy now...Liberals are gun owners too and believe in our Second Amendment rights...so stop with what you think is the CORE of conservatism..

You're confused...owning a gun is not the CORE of conservatism...FEAR is the CORE of conservatism.

Liberalism is trust of the people, tempered by prudence; conservatism, distrust of people, tempered by fear.
William E. Gladstone

Liberals dont fear other people?.....i bet those rich ones do when the Minorities are around....

you're just being goofy now...Liberals are gun owners too and believe in our Second Amendment rights...so stop with what you think is the CORE of conservatism..

You're confused...owning a gun is not the CORE of conservatism...FEAR is the CORE of conservatism.

Liberalism is trust of the people, tempered by prudence; conservatism, distrust of people, tempered by fear.
William E. Gladstone

Liberals dont fear other people?.....i bet those rich ones do when the Minorities are around....

i think both of those observations are kind of simplistic. and i don't think fear forms the basis of conservatism, per se. it does, however, form the basis of the reactionary, extremist lunacy that is the "base" of the GOP...

they are not to be confused with real conservatives, in my experience.

[

fact is too bad what you think, I want my guns from people who speak like you do about MY Constitutional RIGHTS and this horrible overstepping Federal Government...not enough pitch forks to go around

There's no constitutional right to gun ownership... no matter what the NRA tells you.

The Second Amendment is about militias, not guns.

the first part is not the second part.....the second part mentions PEOPLE.....who are those people?....

Rare? Really? The whole concept of the milita was based on every citizen being able to provide thier own weapon. Even localities that were able to afford an arsenal with military grade weapons asked the people to bring thier own with them as backup.

Any landholder had a firearm, usually several, for both home defense and hunting, as well as playing thier role in the milita.

Firearms are a tool, a tool almost everyone owned back during the late 1700's..

Again, rare? Really?

the entire "Militia" in the revolutionary war was at its height, 44,000 men. Out of a population of some 6 million at that time. So that's one gun for every 100 people. Or less.

And most of those guns were paid for by the Continental Congress. That's why France's intervention was a big thing.

Guns were rare in the colonies, because in pre-industrial days, they were damned difficult to make.

American Made Muskets of the American Revolution (by George Neumann)

that's not true Joe.....first thing i Google was this....and there were others backing this up.....

http://www.claytoncramer.com/popular/GunControlColonialNewEngland2.PDF

"If this now flourishing City, and greatly improving Colony, is destroy'd and ruin'd,
it will not be for want of Numbers of Inhabitants able to bear Arms in its defence.
'Tis computed that we have at least (exclusive of Quakers) 60,000 Fighting Men,
acquainted with Fire-Arms, many of them Hunters and Marksmen, hardy and bold."
Benjamin Franklin (1747), B.F. Papers, vol. III, p.202

Last edited:

William E. Gladstone

i think both of those observations are kind of simplistic. and i don't think fear forms the basis of conservatism, per se. it does, however, form the basis of the reactionary, extremist lunacy that is the "base" of the GOP...

they are not to be confused with real conservatives, in my experience.

Kind of simplistic jillian? How about simple facts?

Is Your Brain Liberal or Conservative?

The researchers found that volunteers who identified themselves as liberal tended to have a larger anterior cingulate cortex, a region of the brain linked with monitoring uncertainty, which could help them cope with conflicting information. On the other hand, those who identified themselves as conservative have a larger amygdala, an area linked with greater sensitivity to fear and disgust

Read more: Is Your Brain Liberal or Conservative? | Fox News

Time for talk?

Libtards dont know the meaning of 'talk' except in their minds it means they can throw hissy shit fits and conservatives are supposed to just shut up, salute and do as told.

Fuck these bastard leftwing fascists.

William E. Gladstone

If these extremists form the base of the biggest party in the country, then how the fuck is it extremist, dumb ass?

If these extremists form the base of the biggest party in the country, then how the fuck is it extremist, dumb ass?

the GOP isn't the biggest party in the country. but it is amusing when you hurl insults and you're wrong. :thup:

you really should have facts before you post. and removing your head from your rear would probably prove helpful.

A Closer Look at the Parties in 2012 | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

and when a minority of about 1/3 of less than half of the country drags the GOP into the rightwingnuthackosphere, THAT is how... by primarying decent people, and running loons... then having those loons lose GOP seats...

(see: Akins, Mourdock, O'Donnell, Angle, just for a start).

Last edited:
[

fact is too bad what you think, I want my guns from people who speak like you do about MY Constitutional RIGHTS and this horrible overstepping Federal Government...not enough pitch forks to go around

There's no constitutional right to gun ownership... no matter what the NRA tells you.

the first part is not the second part.....the second part mentions PEOPLE.....who are those people?....

the well regulated militia representing the people.

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

that's not what it says Joe.....

That's your intepretation, it doesn't happen to be mine.

I'm reasonably sure Adam Lanza mowing down a classroom full of pre-schoolers was not what the founding fathers had in mind.

I'm reasonably sure Adam Lanza mowing down a classroom full of pre-schoolers was not what the founding fathers had in mind.

ok....so why did they not say "the right of the Miltia to keep and bear arms,shall not be infringed......why did they say PEOPLE?.......there is a difference in meaning....

gee you think?....they probably thought no Politician would ever put Party or self over Country like you see now.....poor example Joe.....

Laws will be passed, and all decent Americans who love their children and their country will uphold them.

No, THE PEOPLE. Once a right is delegated to the people you have to show a real real good reason to impinge on said right.

Take the ban on felons owning firearms, and the fighting words/fire in a theatre exception to the 1st amendment.

[

ok....so why did they not say "the right of the Miltia to keep and bear arms,shall not be infringed......why did they say PEOPLE?.......there is a difference in meaning....

gee you think?....they probably thought no Politician would ever put Party or self over Country like you see now.....poor example Joe.....

Oh, please stop with the Founder Worship.

They were a bunch of slave rapers who didn't want to pay their fair share of taxes, and they saved us from being - GASP - Canadians.

I've been to Canada. It isn't that bad. Shit, if Washington ended up at the end of a rope, we'd have ended slavery 40 years earlier without a civil war.

[

Oh, please stop with the Founder Worship.

They were a bunch of slave rapers who didn't want to pay their fair share of taxes, and they saved us from being - GASP - Canadians.

I've been to Canada. It isn't that bad. Shit, if Washington ended up at the end of a rope, we'd have ended slavery 40 years earlier without a civil war.

Congratulations, you have now crossed over into batshit crazy land.

I suggest moving to Canada if you like it so much.

Forum List

Back