Now is not the time to talk about gun laws...

Because you made no comment, are we to take that your signature line is your comment?

jtpr312: The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.

I responded to the lie above, ("You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle without a background check and, most likely, without having to show an identification card) with;

This is a lie. This person has evidently never been to a gun show. If you buy a fully automatic weapon ANYWHERE in this nation without the proper FEDERL Licenses you are breaking the law, period and at a gun show, ALL dealers must run the same back ground checks at the show, as are required by the law of the state the show is in.

See what happens when you don't have an opinion of your own and must use other's opinions? You don't know what it is that you posted.

Actually you didn't respond. And you avoided my question. So right off the bat we have identified that you have no problem lying.

You may be correct about fully automatic weapons, but that is not the real problem.

Gun Laws Work, So Why Don’t We Have More Of Them?

An average of 83 Americans die every day from firearms in the United States. And the U.S. has the highest firearm homicide rates in the developed world.

In 33 states, criminals and terrorists can buy military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips from “private dealers” on the Internet or at gun shows without showing ID or completing a background check. No ID, no background check, no restrictions, no detection. It is perfectly legal for private gun dealers and individuals to sell an unlimited number of firearms to anyone, including domestic criminals and international terrorists, cash and carry.

Most citizens, members of law enforcement, gun owners and even a majority of NRA members agree that we need more restrictive laws governing the buying and selling of firearms.

Consider these figures from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence:

• 94 percent of police chiefs favor requiring a criminal background check for all handgun sales
  • 87 percent of Americans support background checks on private sales of guns, including sales at gun shows
  • 83 percent of gun owners support background checks on private sales of guns, including sales at gun shows
  • 69 percent of gun owners who belong to the NRA support requiring all gun sellers at gun shows to conduct criminal background checks of the people buying guns
There are several examples of successful legislative efforts to reduce gun violence, and real results that show the connection between restricted access to guns and reduced gun violence.

Between 1994 and 2004, under a federal assault weapons ban, there was a 66 percent reduction in assault weapons linked to crimes. (Assault weapons are the common denominator in every mass shooting because they can fire up to 100 rounds before reloading.) Since the ban expired, we have seen these military-style assault weapons come back into circulation. Previously banned guns like the AR-15, used in the Aurora massacre, are readily available to criminals and terrorists in the 33 states with lax gun control laws and at thousands of gun shows.

In Massachusetts, where we have some of the most effective gun laws, firearms kill three people per 100,000 each year, compared to the national average of 10 per 100,000. Despite being an urban industrial state, Massachusetts boasts the lowest firearm fatality rate in the nation.

Massachusetts is one of the few states to require gun training, licensing and registration, and consumer protection standards for firearm manufacturers, and is one of only 17 states that require criminal background checks for all gun sales. These tough gun laws strengthen the conclusion reached by the Violence Policy Center, which found that states with the lowest firearm fatality rates have more restrictive gun laws and lower gun ownership rates.

Because you made no comment, are we to take that your signature line is your comment?

jtpr312: The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.

I responded to the lie above, ("You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle without a background check and, most likely, without having to show an identification card) with;

This is a lie. This person has evidently never been to a gun show. If you buy a fully automatic weapon ANYWHERE in this nation without the proper FEDERL Licenses you are breaking the law, period and at a gun show, ALL dealers must run the same back ground checks at the show, as are required by the law of the state the show is in.

See what happens when you don't have an opinion of your own and must use other's opinions? You don't know what it is that you posted.

Actually you didn't respond. And you avoided my question. So right off the bat we have identified that you have no problem lying. I DID respond, it's the red portion following the statement I also highlighted in red.

You may be correct about fully automatic weapons, but that is not the real problem.
No, the problem has nothing to do with the number of of type of weapons owend, as Zwitzerland show us, (EVERY military aged adult male keeps a REAL assualt weapon in their homes, meaning a fully automatic weapon), the problem is that we are a nation populated by immoral, low life, corrupt, Godless scum. Scum that you liberals keep on allowing out of our prisons by the way.

An average of 83 Americans die every day from firearms in the United States. And the U.S. has the highest firearm homicide rates in the developed world. Yup, like I said, we have a lot of immoral scum in this nation that the liberals won't let us execute and repeatedly allow to leave our prisons after showing they cannot and should not be left to roam among honest citizens.

In 33 states, criminals and terrorists can buy military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips from “private dealers” on the Internet or at gun shows without showing ID or completing a background check. that's not true. You cannot buy ANY automatic weapon in this nation ANYWHERE, without going through the proper FEDERAL guidlines and if you do you have broken the law. No ID, no background check, no restrictions, no detection. Lie, lie and lie. It is perfectly legal for private gun dealers and individuals to sell an unlimited number of firearms to anyone, including domestic criminals and international terrorists, cash and carry. No it's not. If you are a dealer and have a dealer's license you MUST follow strict federal and state regulations and the BATF checks on this.

Most citizens, members of law enforcement, gun owners and even a majority of NRA members agree that we need more restrictive laws governing the buying and selling of firearms. Funny, I come from a cop family, dad and uncles ad cousins on both sides, I own guns and almost EVERYONE of my friends and neighbors are gun owners, and I have been a life member of the NRA for over 20yrs, and I have never heard a single one of any of these people say we need stricter gun laws, so this is a lie also.

Consider these figures from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence: Screw Brady and screw the Brady Campaign, they are scumbag traitors that spit on the Constitution and like you, make up facts as they go to influence the opinions of morons like you that are too lazy to do their research on the subject.
  • 94 percent of police chiefs favor requiring a criminal background check for all handgun sales Already done.
  • 87 percent of Americans support background checks on private sales of guns, including sales at gun shows Most states already have laws like this in place and EVERY state has laws covering selling a firearm to a KNOWN felon.
  • 83 percent of gun owners support background checks on private sales of guns, including sales at gun shows this is a lie.
  • 69 percent of gun owners who belong to the NRA support requiring all gun sellers at gun shows to conduct criminal background checks of the people buying guns Already done.

There are several examples of successful legislative efforts to reduce gun violence, and real results that show the connection between restricted access to guns and reduced gun violence. BS, there are more studies done that show a decrease in violent crimes when a jurisdiction passes concealed carry laws and your bs would mean that Chicago, Detroit, NYC and Washington DC, which have some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the nation, many of which are now said to be unConstitutional by the Supreme Court, would be the safest places in the nation when it comes to gun violence, but hmmmm, statistics seem to say otherwise as these jurisdictions almost always lead the nation in gun related homicides and other gun related crimes.

Between 1994 and 2004, under a federal assault weapons ban, there was a 66 percent reduction in assault weapons linked to crimes. (Assault weapons are the common denominator in every mass shooting because they can fire up to 100 rounds before reloading.) BS Since the ban expired, we have seen these military-style assault weapons come back into circulation. Previously banned guns like the AR-15, used in the Aurora massacre, are readily available to criminals and terrorists in the 33 states with lax gun control laws and at thousands of gun shows. More bs.

In Massachusetts, where we have some of the most effective gun laws, firearms kill three people per 100,000 each year, compared to the national average of 10 per 100,000. Despite being an urban industrial state, Massachusetts boasts the lowest firearm fatality rate in the nation. Good for MA.

Massachusetts is one of the few states to require gun training, licensing and registration, and consumer protection standards for firearm manufacturers, and is one of only 17 states that require criminal background checks for all gun sales. These tough gun laws strengthen the conclusion reached by the Violence Policy Center, which found that states with the lowest firearm fatality rates have more restrictive gun laws and lower gun ownership rates. Once again I direct you to NYC, Wash DC, Chicago, LA and Detroit, which in the cases of NYC, Chicago and Washington DC have the MOST stringent gun control laws in the nation, yet lead the nation in gun related crimes year, after year, after year, after year. sorta puts a lie to your strict gun control laws equates to less gun violence huh?

Actually you didn't respond. And you avoided my question. So right off the bat we have identified that you have no problem lying. I DID respond, it's the red portion following the statement I also highlighted in red.

No, the problem has nothing to do with the number of of type of weapons owend, as Zwitzerland show us, (EVERY military aged adult male keeps a REAL assualt weapon in their homes, meaning a fully automatic weapon), the problem is that we are a nation populated by immoral, low life, corrupt, Godless scum. Scum that you liberals keep on allowing out of our prisons by the way.

An average of 83 Americans die every day from firearms in the United States. And the U.S. has the highest firearm homicide rates in the developed world. Yup, like I said, we have a lot of immoral scum in this nation that the liberals won't let us execute and repeatedly allow to leave our prisons after showing they cannot and should not be left to roam among honest citizens.

In 33 states, criminals and terrorists can buy military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips from “private dealers” on the Internet or at gun shows without showing ID or completing a background check. that's not true. You cannot buy ANY automatic weapon in this nation ANYWHERE, without going through the proper FEDERAL guidlines and if you do you have broken the law. No ID, no background check, no restrictions, no detection. Lie, lie and lie. It is perfectly legal for private gun dealers and individuals to sell an unlimited number of firearms to anyone, including domestic criminals and international terrorists, cash and carry. No it's not. If you are a dealer and have a dealer's license you MUST follow strict federal and state regulations and the BATF checks on this.

Most citizens, members of law enforcement, gun owners and even a majority of NRA members agree that we need more restrictive laws governing the buying and selling of firearms. Funny, I come from a cop family, dad and uncles ad cousins on both sides, I own guns and almost EVERYONE of my friends and neighbors are gun owners, and I have been a life member of the NRA for over 20yrs, and I have never heard a single one of any of these people say we need stricter gun laws, so this is a lie also.

Consider these figures from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence: Screw Brady and screw the Brady Campaign, they are scumbag traitors that spit on the Constitution and like you, make up facts as they go to influence the opinions of morons like you that are too lazy to do their research on the subject.
  • 94 percent of police chiefs favor requiring a criminal background check for all handgun sales Already done.
  • 87 percent of Americans support background checks on private sales of guns, including sales at gun shows Most states already have laws like this in place and EVERY state has laws covering selling a firearm to a KNOWN felon.
  • 83 percent of gun owners support background checks on private sales of guns, including sales at gun shows this is a lie.
  • 69 percent of gun owners who belong to the NRA support requiring all gun sellers at gun shows to conduct criminal background checks of the people buying guns Already done.

There are several examples of successful legislative efforts to reduce gun violence, and real results that show the connection between restricted access to guns and reduced gun violence. BS, there are more studies done that show a decrease in violent crimes when a jurisdiction passes concealed carry laws and your bs would mean that Chicago, Detroit, NYC and Washington DC, which have some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the nation, many of which are now said to be unConstitutional by the Supreme Court, would be the safest places in the nation when it comes to gun violence, but hmmmm, statistics seem to say otherwise as these jurisdictions almost always lead the nation in gun related homicides and other gun related crimes.

Between 1994 and 2004, under a federal assault weapons ban, there was a 66 percent reduction in assault weapons linked to crimes. (Assault weapons are the common denominator in every mass shooting because they can fire up to 100 rounds before reloading.) BS Since the ban expired, we have seen these military-style assault weapons come back into circulation. Previously banned guns like the AR-15, used in the Aurora massacre, are readily available to criminals and terrorists in the 33 states with lax gun control laws and at thousands of gun shows. More bs.

In Massachusetts, where we have some of the most effective gun laws, firearms kill three people per 100,000 each year, compared to the national average of 10 per 100,000. Despite being an urban industrial state, Massachusetts boasts the lowest firearm fatality rate in the nation. Good for MA.

Massachusetts is one of the few states to require gun training, licensing and registration, and consumer protection standards for firearm manufacturers, and is one of only 17 states that require criminal background checks for all gun sales. These tough gun laws strengthen the conclusion reached by the Violence Policy Center, which found that states with the lowest firearm fatality rates have more restrictive gun laws and lower gun ownership rates. Once again I direct you to NYC, Wash DC, Chicago, LA and Detroit, which in the cases of NYC, Chicago and Washington DC have the MOST stringent gun control laws in the nation, yet lead the nation in gun related crimes year, after year, after year, after year. sorta puts a lie to your strict gun control laws equates to less gun violence huh?

So, all we need is a much more authoritarian nation. Executions on demand, guns in every home and if we could just spill the blood of some 'liberals', America would be a righteous nation again.

There is scum in this country. I've been around for 6 decades. The biggest group of scum I have seen in the country wear a badge, and have a very strong sense of 'entitlement'. The laws that the average citizen must follow, never apply to them. The Bill of Rights, just a piece of paper they don't really have to follow, just cover their asses.

There is scum in this country. I've been around for 6 decades. The biggest group of scum I have seen in the country wear a badge, and have a very strong sense of 'entitlement'
I am quite sure they don't wear badges, and to suggest they should is decidedly not politically correct and furthermore could be construed as racist.

There is scum in this country. I've been around for 6 decades. The biggest group of scum I have seen in the country wear a badge, and have a very strong sense of 'entitlement'
I am quite sure they don't wear badges, and to suggest they should is decidedly not politically correct and furthermore could be construed as racist.

You keep proving that you would win the award for the most appropriate screen name...

I don't understand her point, or yours. I am quite sure gun control has been frequently discussed before and after this and other such events.

And that's the point.

Guns were no harder to get after Colin Furgeson than before him. Or Loughner. Or Dylan and Kleibold. Or Cho. We have one of these incidents, we all looked shocked like the aliens in the Cantena in Star Wars, and then we go back to our drinks and our music.

Instead of having the sensible discussion of "how do we make it harder for the next crazy person to get a gun", we get the usual litany of

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people!"
"If only the six-year olds were packing heat, they could have shot back!"

Fact is, most Americans don't need guns. They want guns, and usually, they want them for stupid reasons.

I don't understand her point, or yours. I am quite sure gun control has been frequently discussed before and after this and other such events.

And that's the point.

Guns were no harder to get after Colin Furgeson than before him. Or Loughner. Or Dylan and Kleibold. Or Cho. We have one of these incidents, we all looked shocked like the aliens in the Cantena in Star Wars, and then we go back to our drinks and our music.

Instead of having the sensible discussion of "how do we make it harder for the next crazy person to get a gun", we get the usual litany of

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people!"
"If only the six-year olds were packing heat, they could have shot back!"

Fact is, most Americans don't need guns. They want guns, and usually, they want them for stupid reasons.

fact is too bad what you think, I want my guns from people who speak like you do about MY Constitutional RIGHTS and this horrible overstepping Federal Government...not enough pitch forks to go around

Last edited:
[

fact is too bad what you think, I want my guns from people who speak like you do about MY Constitutional RIGHTS and this horrible overstepping Federal Government...not enough pitch forks to go around

There's no constitutional right to gun ownership... no matter what the NRA tells you.

The Second Amendment is about militias, not guns.

[

There's no constitutional right to gun ownership... no matter what the NRA tells you.

well you all get on with trying to take away LAW ABIDING Responsible gun owners guns..

good luck

[

well you all get on with trying to take away LAW ABIDING Responsible gun owners guns..

good luck

You guys had ample oppurtunities to police yourselves.

You are the ones who went to the wall to keep the right of crazy people to have guns.

Everyone out of the pool!

good luck

You are the ones who went to the wall to keep the right of crazy people to have guns.

you're a idiot..
You should of seen this kid coming, where were You?
oh that's right, it gun owners fault, NOT YOURS

good luck

you're a idiot..

Oh, I don't know how i could have seen this kid coming. He was home-schooled by his right-wing, gun nut mother.

you're a idiot..

Oh, I don't know how i could have seen this kid coming. He was home-schooled by his right-wing, gun nut mother.

yeah sure, because no left winger OWNS GUNS or homeschools..
you're dismissed

good luck

I think holding yourself as an example is probably your best argument for gun control. No one wants pathologically damaged people packing iron, especially those who feel victimized and disenfranchised. Think of it as reflexive whining if you like.

[

If that were the case it would state that it is the right of states to keep and bear arms, not THE PEOPLE.

But keep igonoring that second part of the amendment....

good luck

collective responsibility?

How facist of you.

good luck

I think holding yourself as an example is probably your best argument for gun control. No one wants pathologically damaged people packing iron, especially those who feel victimized and disenfranchised. Think of it as reflexive whining if you like.

I don't hold myself as an example. The army proved I am responsible enough with firearms, thanks...

Which has nothing to do with the fact most of you don't need them, and your silly oppossition to even COMMON SENSE gun laws - you know, like crazy people shouldn't have military grade weapons and high capacity magazines - shows you can't be reasoned with, so we might as well just run over you.

[

If that were the case it would state that it is the right of states to keep and bear arms, not THE PEOPLE.

you keep ignoring the concept of "Well Regulated".

Lanza walking into a preschool with a bunch of weapons is not "Well-regulated."

you keep ignoring the concept of "Well Regulated".

Lanza walking into a preschool with a bunch of weapons is not "Well-regulated."

back when the 2nd Amendment was written, "well-regulated" meant "maintaining competency by means of regular target practice"...

and if you bothered to read what the framers intended (and they left behind a plethora of writings on the subject), you'd know that the 2nd Amendment was indeed about an individual's ability to keep guns...

I don't hold myself as an example. The army proved I am responsible enough with firearms, thanks...

Which has nothing to do with the fact most of you don't need them, and your silly oppossition to even COMMON SENSE gun laws - you know, like crazy people shouldn't have military grade weapons and high capacity magazines - shows you can't be reasoned with, so we might as well just run over you.
I agree with you about fully automatic weapons and the like, but I still think that those as pathologically damaged as yourself should be "poster children" for gun control. With any insight you'd have a powerful self-fulfilling argument as to why guns should not be available so easily to the general public.

Obviously, as the recent atrocity showed, there are others like you, and some are even more emotionally and mentally unstable.

Forum List

Back