Now I Remember Why I Quit Watching SNL Long Ago

Incorrect. Melting pot refers to the rendering of various cultures into one, and THAT'S American culture.

Otherwise, you're talking about white European culture being the dominant culture in America.
EXCEPT, in our "MELTING POT" we were all basically Western, white and Christian. Today, America is balkanized with foreign cultures that are simply INCOMPATIBLE with Western values. One culture will dominate. We must not become Muslim, African or "Hispanic/Injun/Aztec

Incorrect. Melting pot refers to the rendering of various cultures into one, and THAT'S American culture.

Otherwise, you're talking about white European culture being the dominant culture in America.
EXCEPT, in our "MELTING POT" we were all basically Western, white and Christian. Today, America is balkanized with foreign cultures that are simply INCOMPATIBLE with Western values. One culture will dominate. We must not become Muslim, African or "Hispanic/Injun/Aztec
Western values won't fail, I hope, because Western values will drown out voices like yours that need to retain control and dominate all others.

Notice the words ‘melting pot’. Used to describe how they would become a part of American culture as they cherished it as much as Americans did, along with celebrating some of their own traditions. Now the Dems push to have their culture stand separate from American culture, no longer melting into, blending with.

It's become a pressure cooker.

You don't get to decide what American cultures are. Throughout the history of immigration, those who were here, fought against those who were just arriving. American culture is an amalgam of other cultures, and by design, in constant flux. It could be argued that the further away we get from European white Christian culture, the better off we are.

This cast is funny.

Kate McKinnon (I didn't watch whatever the OP is bellyaching about) is easily one of the funniest women around.

That being said, my honest critique is this about the show:

I think their skits are too long and the show should be a lot more nimble. A third musical number would help too.
In the days I watched, I don't ever remember it being political. I guess the Commie Party didn't feel threatened then. Now every post about SNL is political. EVERYTHING the left does is political.

Sorry, but it is not funny television. People watch stuff to escape the insanity of this world if only for a short time, not be lectured to by the "entertainers."

To quote Laura Ingraham,

SHUT UP AND SING

This cast is funny.

Kate McKinnon (I didn't watch whatever the OP is bellyaching about) is easily one of the funniest women around.

I think their skits are too long and the show should be a lot more nimble. A third musical number would help too.
In the days I watched, I don't ever remember it being political. I guess the Commie Party didn't feel threatened then. Now every post about SNL is political. EVERYTHING the left does is political.

Sorry, but it is not funny television. People watch stuff to escape the insanity of this world if only for a short time, not be lectured to by the "entertainers."

To quote Laura Ingraham,

SHUT UP AND SING

It has seldom been non political. Chevy Chase used to impersonate Gerald Ford and made his name doing it.
Clearly you are either wildly mis-stating history or didn’t watch very closely. As for the ratings, they’re at a new high consistently and the awards are a testament to the quality of the program.

As for SNL lecturing, it is as dishonest a statement has could be made by and large and both sides of the spectrum take incoming from the cast. I would imagine that the right gets more shit dealt at them because they try to float more bullshit than the left does or do you think that the forests need raking too? LOL

The Right has politicized everything from fast food to football to beauty pageants to the settled science of climate change.

To quote Laura Ingraham,

SHUT UP AND SING
They've lampooned every POTUS.

Shut up and sing...indeed

Talk about hyperbole.
Raking the forests?
NO
Good forest management like we had in place for all States before the 1990's.

To quote Laura Ingraham,

SHUT UP AND SING
They've lampooned every POTUS.

Shut up and sing...indeed

And my favorite…

Be honest libs. Is this even remotely funny to you? I remember comedy. This isn't comedy.

Kate McKinnon's Laura Ingraham Bares Vote Fraud That 'Feels True' On 'SNL'

Yeah, I ranted about this 2-3 weeks ago. This is about the worst cold open ever. Very out of touch with reality. There were other good skits in the show. I think the guy that hosted was in "Wolf of Wall Street", and maybe "The Hangover"?
It was VERY funny...had L. Ingraham down cold.

It was VERY funny...had L. Ingraham down cold.
The problem is that Conservatives don't see the glaring irony in almost every word that spews from the mouths of the Fox 'pundits'.

That's what makes it so funny to those with a bit of grey matter. The fact that such nonsense is believed by anyone.

This cast is funny.

To quote Laura Ingraham,

SHUT UP AND SING

Here’s a conservative politicizing board games….

Feminism vs Board Games

Forum List

Back