Now I Remember Why I Quit Watching SNL Long Ago

Is EVERYTHING about politics these days with the left? Whatever happened to ENTERTAINMENT?
LMAO. If you don't want political humor, then don't watch shows that engage in political humor. It's been that way since '75. Why are you suddenly surprised?

Is EVERYTHING about politics these days with the left? Whatever happened to ENTERTAINMENT?
SNL has been satirizing politics since it's first episode in 1975.

And every single skit has been funnier than the cold open in the OP.

Be honest libs. Is this even remotely funny to you? I remember comedy. This isn't comedy.

Kate McKinnon's Laura Ingraham Bares Vote Fraud That 'Feels True' On 'SNL'

I'm old enough to remember watching it as a teen when Eddie Murphy was on. My friends and I would watch it, then be excited to see the Star-Spangled Banner play and the networks sign off and go to "snow"....

Anyone else remember?

This is just one more thing I have to explain to my kids. Sigh

12dkf6.jpg

It also happened the night before after the UltraMan or Godzilla movies. :tomato:

Last edited:
181118001210-steve-carell-snl-amazon-large-169.jpg

Trump's book, "The Art of the Deal," costs more to ship because "it's heavier."
"I guess it's the only book with four chapter elevens," Carell smirked.

Be honest libs. Is this even remotely funny to you? I remember comedy. This isn't comedy.

I'm old enough to remember watching it as a teen when Eddie Murphy was on. My friends and I would watch it, then be excited to see the Star-Spangled Banner play and the networks sign off and go to "snow"....

Anyone else remember?

Anyone else remember?

I think we had one very similar to that....at any rate I remember the jets flying.

It was a different America.

I was just thinking the very same thing. Honestly. It seemed like everyone I knew was patriotic...that being patriotic was not even a question, really.

The love of "diversity" has ruined everything--just as they expected, just as they wanted.

America has historically been one the most inclusive countries on this planet.

title-card.jpg

From the beginning, we've celebrated our 'melting-pot' culture of people coming from all over to become Americans.

title-card.jpg

From the beginning, we've celebrated our 'melting-pot' culture of people coming from all over to become Americans.

The thing is, they have to become American, though.

title-card.jpg

The thing is, they have to become American, though.

You can become American without giving up the things that make you unique.

America is a better place for the contributions of immigrants. Imagine an America where all restaurants are mac and cheese and no beer?

title-card.jpg

Notice the words ‘melting pot’. Used to describe how they would become a part of American culture as they cherished it as much as Americans did, along with celebrating some of their own traditions. Now the Dems push to have their culture stand separate from American culture, no longer melting into, blending with.

Paul Harvey said the days of the Melting Pot have come and gone. Today it has been replaced with a boiling cauldron.

Anyone else remember?

I also remember being able to stay awake until the end!

Notice the words ‘melting pot’. Used to describe how they would become a part of American culture as they cherished it as much as Americans did, along with celebrating some of their own traditions. Now the Dems push to have their culture stand separate from American culture, no longer melting into, blending with.
Incorrect. Melting pot refers to the rendering of various cultures into one, and THAT'S American culture.

Otherwise, you're talking about white European culture being the dominant culture in America.

Forum List

Back