Now I Remember Why I Quit Watching SNL Long Ago

McKinnon Alien Abduction skits are the funniest things since Celebrity Jeopardy
Don't even know who she is. They do that blank stare at the camera thing acting like THEY think they're funny. They're just not funny. Can't imagine how it survives.

I stopped watching well after Chevy Chase and Steve Martin left the show. Eddie Murphy was awesome in SNL.

I stopped watching well after Chevy Chase and Steve Martin left the show. Eddie Murphy was awesome in SNL.

Steve Martin was never a regular on SNL. He has been one of their most frequent guest hosts.

181118035039-steve-carell-jeff-bezos-amazon-snl-2-exlarge-169.jpg

'SNL' has Steve Carell's Jeff Bezos mock President Trump - CNN

Hey, wtf happened ? It was supposed to be Steve Carell, and when I tuned in it was the old cast?

Went to bed after a "wild and crazy guys" skit.

This cast is funny.

Kate McKinnon (I didn't watch whatever the OP is bellyaching about) is easily one of the funniest women around.

That being said, my honest critique is this about the show:

I think their skits are too long and the show should be a lot more nimble. A third musical number would help too.

Don't even know who she is. They do that blank stare at the camera thing acting like THEY think they're funny. They're just not funny. Can't imagine how it survives.
Those of us who watched since its inception, are obviously not as enthused by the content. It went through a very rough patch for a long time, but since trump was elected, it's funnier than it's been since some of the Clinton and Bush material. Mckinnen is one of the most versatile members of the cast. If you don't understand the humor, maybe Dennis Miller is your style?

If you can find anything he's done lately.

The Bezos skit was funny.

Last edited:
This cast is funny.

Kate McKinnon (I didn't watch whatever the OP is bellyaching about) is easily one of the funniest women around.

That being said, my honest critique is this about the show:

I think their skits are too long and the show should be a lot more nimble. A third musical number would help too.
Years ago, Lorne broke it down. The cold open is obviously the big ticket item. The earlier skits tend to be the ones that most of the audience can relate to. After Weekend Update the skits tend to take a little more patience. I find a lot of the skits to be filler. Every so often, I'm surprised by the later material.

McKinnon is right up there with Amy Poehler/Tina Fey w/respect to talent. I laugh even when they aren't speaking.

The Bezos skit was funny.

Th Ingraham cold open was not as funny as it was cutting.
Definitely meant to be more biting than funny. Same for the trump skits. Social commentary meant to make the buffoon in the White House blow a gasket.

Is EVERYTHING about politics these days with the left? Whatever happened to ENTERTAINMENT?
LMAO. If you don't want political humor, then don't watch shows that engage in political humor. It's been that way since '75. Why are you suddenly surprised?

Forum List

Back