Now I am confused

jimnyc said:
Can you please supply us with all the facts showing how this is related in any way to oil? Why the prices are so high?

No, it's not about oil. We are on a rightious path to rid the free world of WMD and the Evil doers.

The reson the price is so high is Economics 101= Supply and Demand.

We have a few heavily populated countries that are beginning to wake up and modernize, just as we did during our industrial revolution. The biggest is China. They are trading in their Bicycles for trendy autos. They are becoming mass consumers with their newfound wealth. China and India along with the rest of the undeveloped world are becoming industrialized. To do all this requires resources like steel and concrete. Also cheap energy, what can be cheaper then something you pump out of the ground.
There is a big demand for all these resources and the supply chain cannot keep up.

Oil had been particularly vulnerable due to some freak occurrences and man made ones.
The war in Iraq (sixth largest producer) has interrupted the production there, not to mention the terrorist sabotage. It will take some time for Iraq to get up to speed again; I think there are labor strikes in Venezuela and for a brief time due to the fighting in Sudan. The Saudi’s can’t keep up, as they traditional have to stabilize the supply. As far as freak happenings, the barrage of hurricanes just devastated the oil rigs and under sea pipelines off the U.S. coast, it will take quit some time to get them back online.

The biggest reasons the prices will continue to rise for the future is, they just ain’t making anymore of it.
Hubert’s peak for world production is said to fall on Thanksgiving Day 2005. Hubert's peak was accurately predicted for the U.S. during the late 60’s and early 70’s thoes days of Texas-T are long gone buckaroo.
Now we have to start sniffing around the globe for other wells to tap.
Denmark, (by way of Greenland), Russia, and Australia are already doing this. I’m not sure how much you are keeping up with current events or maybe your to busy enjoying a cold beer and the game.
These three countries are looking to lay claim to the Polar Regions. They are mapping terrain under the ice to see if there is a continental shelf that connects them to their perspective territories. Why you say, to lay claim to the last of the untapped potential sources of energy and newfound wealth, Oil and natural gas. Large deposits may be under all that ice and due to Global warming it may now be easier to get at.
So as the demand for nature’s gift of cheap crude increase and world supply decreases prices go up and up and up. Lol, I love it when a plan come together, You know what stock to invest in don’t you.
Most people don't know what this means for the world, I won't tell.

Now go back to sleep, you were just having a bad dream.
It was just a dream, this could not come true.sleep, sleep sleep :sleep:

Commy said:
nobody seems to mind the tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians that have been killed, what the hell are we fighting for if ten thousand people have to die in the process? What just cause is worth that sacrafice? (and the actual figures of civilian casualties are ten times that, a 100 times that if we go back to '91) In fact, the weapons used to kill hundreds of thousands of his people came from US companies.
Can you say imperialism?

It's called population control; aside from the future energy shortages it's one of the biggest threats to the world. This issue is at the top of the U.N to-do-list, but it rarely gets any media coverage.
(whisper) It’s something people don’t like to talk about.

Commy said:
Hah.
The facts are in NSC 68, de-classified some time ago. It has been a major goal of the powers that be for some time now to gain a military foothold, and thus access to the vast resources, in the middle east. They said so, 'they' being the US government. 1991 gave them military access to the middle east, and thus a hand in the politics of the region. But this latest venture has given them direct access to the oil, the ultimate goal.
I suggest you read NSC 68, and hear it straight from the policy planners.
Ha haahah, You guys are waaaay out there,

I think I saw this on a episode of X-files.

Merlin1047 said:
I'd be careful about "misunderestimating" GW. Kerry came into the last debate with that attitude and George pretty much cut him off at the knees.
If you watched Frontline, www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/, you would see that G.W. spent most of his adult life partying.
His friends and Family talk about his Alcohol use, but they don't mention cocaine or other drugs. And his success can clearly be attributed to the old boy network and nepotism. I was under the impression that this type of life style did not produce great thinkers.
Kerry on the other hand spent his life making tough choices and honing his skills as a statesman.
I can see past the person. The real choice is who has the better team and agenda for the nation. I believe that is G.W. His style is more of a difficult father figure. You don’t have to like him but he will always act in your best interest. Kerry on the other hand is like a nurturing overprotective mother, afraid to make tough decisions and but you in harms way.

Forum List

Back