Now Here's An Idea!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Make it an international law that we can't make fun of Allah! and other religious figures. Hey no problem! The artists are going to love this one!

http://thepakistaninewspaper.com/news_detail.php?id=1078

BIRMINGHAM, Aug 2: Opposition Leader in National Assembly Maulana Fazlur Rehman on Monday demanded that the United Nations should declare the defamation of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) an international crime.

I like the idea. It should apply to any religious icon, including Jesus, Bhudda, Satan (there are Satan worshippers ya know), and so forth.

I see this attempt as symptomatic of the real goal of all this terrorism: one world religion and one world government ... Muslim.

CSM said:
I see this attempt as symptomatic of the real goal of all this terrorism: one world religion and one world government ... Muslim.

and that is the problem! :hail:

It is an interesting approach however. The fact that he also asks for funding to curb anti-Islamic activity and suggests the European nations study Islam makes me wonder if this isn't a very clever approach to achieve the same goals as the fanatics. Oh, I forgot, the true fanatics are those who portray Islam as the religion of terror (according to him).

CSM said:
It is an interesting approach however. The fact that he also asks for funding to curb anti-Islamic activity and suggests the European nations study Islam makes me wonder if this isn't a very clever approach to achieve the same goals as the fanatics. Oh, I forgot, the true fanatics are those who portray Islam as the religion of terror (according to him).

The fact that Ontario, (I believe that's all, right Canadians?), has incorporated Sharia Law as an alternative to their established law, is but one example of the inroads they are making. Truly, I find this troubling.

Kathianne said:
The fact that Ontario, (I believe that's all, right Canadians?), has incorporated Sharia Law as an alternative to their established law, is but one example of the inroads they are making. Truly, I find this troubling.

I don't like this one way or another, however, if both people consent to it, that's supposed to make it alright I guess. Under Ontario law, the courts must uphold the agreements as long as they are voluntary and negotiated through an arbitrator. The courts will not uphold the agreements if they violate Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms. I still say go where Sharia law is the rule of the land, but to say that may be offensive, and will never happen publicly

What if it happens by force and/or intimidation? It's hard to imagine being that dominated by another person, but it happens. I would'nt be surprised if many women come forward years from now claiming this to be the case.

If you accept the premise that Islam is at war with the non-Islam world, then this tactic makes perfect sense. Those places where they are succesful, especially if they are in non-Muslim locations, lend even more credibility to their cause.

Using political correctness to achieve your goal reminds me of certain other entities with ulterior motives!

Said1 said:
I don't like this one way or another, however, if both people consent to it, that's supposed to make it alright I guess. Under Ontario law, the courts must uphold the agreements as long as they are voluntary and negotiated through an arbitrator. The courts will not uphold the agreements if they violate Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms. I still say go where Sharia law is the rule of the land, but to say that may be offensive, and will never happen publicly

What if it happens by force and/or intimidation? It's hard to imagine being that dominated by another person, but it happens. I would'nt be surprised if many women come forward years from now claiming this to be the case.

I guess what's a tad confusing to myself regarding this, why can't Catholics demand the same, (oh god, don't even start thinking of incorporating Cannon Law)? As long as it is 'voluntary and blah, blah, blah' How about if there are a sizeable minority from Aruba? They want Aruban Law, meeting the criteria of course. Where does it end? Or rather, has it already hit the beginning of the end?

Kathianne said:
I guess what's a tad confusing to myself regarding this, why can't Catholics demand the same, (oh god, don't even start thinking of incorporating Cannon Law)? As long as it is 'voluntary and blah, blah, blah' How about if there are a sizeable minority from Aruba? They want Aruban Law, meeting the criteria of course. Where does it end? Or rather, has it already hit the beginning of the end?

I hear you, I think it's hard for people to think they would have alterior motives. This will only further their attempt to isolate themselves from the rest of Canada, which Canada does not promote to new Canadians. Like any other country, we would like them to merge, and integrate themselves with the rest of society, and enjoy their lives here. Giving them speical rights based on religion will not help the process. Look at the way the Federal government treats Quebec, it's not very surprising to see any group get special treatment.

"Those who declare Islam as a religion of terrorism are the real fanatics and extremists", he said.

So if people who declare Islam as a religion of terrorism are the real fantatics, what does that make the muslim terrorists who fly planesinto buildings?

Forum List

Back