Now even Judges don't want our laws enforced

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
This is getting crazy. Not only won't our Representatives in Federal legislature take illegal aliens seriously, making excuses and doing nothing to solve the problem, now we have Judges doing the same.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071011/ap_on_re_us/immigrant_employers_lawsuit

3 months is a long time to solve any LEGAL problem with a Social Security account. And the excuse businesses may have to actually enforce the laws of the land and it may COST them for flaunting it is idiotic.

A truly bad decision in my opinion.

I do HR work.

I promise you, the god's honest solution to fake SS#'s and identity theft here is issuing NEW TAMPER PROOF SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS that can be validated with a system no more complex than swiping a debit card, entering a fed Id number and getting an immediate thumbs up or down. We re-issued driver's lisences and ANYONE CAN MAKE A SS CARD IF THEY HAVE A SCANNER AND A BUBBLE JET PRINTER.

This would take the burden of proof off of businesses and allow the government immediate indication of falsely used cards.

Not only that, but you'll get a kick out of this RGS...

Not only that but in order to even call and VERIFY a number presented to me I have to have already HIRED or EXTENDED an offer to a candidate.

So, if Jose the non-english speaking Mexican applies for a job and I give him an interview (can't discriminate, you know) and I want to verify his ability to work here legally I HAVE TO HIRE HIM FIRST.

Tell me how fucked up that is.

These two things:

1. Closing the loophole that requires an offer of employment before being able to verify eligability status

and

2. GET NEW Soc Cards that can be swiped like a debit card or, at the very least, not able to be reproduced with marginal modern technology. Green cards and alien work visas can get a validation magnetic strip too. Any LEGAL ID that indicates status and is acceptable could have one. I need two forms of accepted ID. Out of everything the Fed takes it is the SS Card that is the weakest link.

I do HR work.

I promise you, the god's honest solution to fake SS#'s and identity theft here is issuing NEW TAMPER PROOF SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS that can be validated with a system no more complex than swiping a debit card, entering a fed Id number and getting an immediate thumbs up or down. We re-issued driver's lisences and ANYONE CAN MAKE A SS CARD IF THEY HAVE A SCANNER AND A BUBBLE JET PRINTER.

This would take the burden of proof off of businesses and allow the government immediate indication of falsely used cards.

Not only that, but you'll get a kick out of this RGS...

Not only that but in order to even call and VERIFY a number presented to me I have to have already HIRED or EXTENDED an offer to a candidate.

So, if Jose the non-english speaking Mexican applies for a job and I give him an interview (can't discriminate, you know) and I want to verify his ability to work here legally I HAVE TO HIRE HIM FIRST.

Tell me how fucked up that is.

These two things:

1. Closing the loophole that requires an offer of employment before being able to verify eligability status

and

2. GET NEW Soc Cards that can be swiped like a debit card or, at the very least, not able to be reproduced with marginal modern technology. Green cards and alien work visas can get a validation magnetic strip too. Any LEGAL ID that indicates status and is acceptable could have one. I need two forms of accepted ID. Out of everything the Fed takes it is the SS Card that is the weakest link.

Meanwhile NY is giving drivers licenses to illegal aliens. And so does NC. In NC all a person need do if Mexican is get a statement from the Mexican Consulate on their name being right. Now if your NOT a Mexican you have to provide 2 identifications and proof of residence. One of the proofs has to be either a social security card or a birth certificate, or some legal evidence your legally in the country.

This is getting crazy. Not only won't our Representatives in Federal legislature take illegal aliens seriously, making excuses and doing nothing to solve the problem, now we have Judges doing the same.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071011/ap_on_re_us/immigrant_employers_lawsuit

3 months is a long time to solve any LEGAL problem with a Social Security account. And the excuse businesses may have to actually enforce the laws of the land and it may COST them for flaunting it is idiotic.

A truly bad decision in my opinion.
I agree-- They are tying their own hands.

Forum List

Back