Now a question for all of you

D

Dawoud

Lets have your opinions on this.

Why is Islam the fastest growing religion in the USA today?

Its also the fastest growing religion in the world today too. And im sure some of you will say thats because of intimation.

But no one is forcing anyone here in America to convert so enplane it will you?

I have no idea. I'm comfortable being a Christian, so honestly I haven't thought about it.

What's the theories within the religion regarding the growth?

I found the website Man of 1951 to be excelent you should read it all if you have the time.
This will also save me countless time copying and pasting:p
Try going to this page for some of the answers

http://www.icofa.com/inquiries_about_islam_online.htm

Read " why is Islam popular"

And " Where Islam and Christianity Agree and Differ on Jesus"

My own opinion is that Islam is doing a much better job, currently, of evangelizing than Christianity is (unfortunately, IMHO).

<<<<<My own opinion is that Islam is doing a much better job, currently, of evangelizing than Christianity is (unfortunately, IMHO).>>>>>

During the first Gulf war a rather significant percentage of our troupes converted I don't know the numbers.

Mormons ..... Baptists.... Jehovah Witnesses ..Catholics......and many other Christian sects send LOTS...... of missionary to Muslim countrys and non Muslim countrys, to spread their faiths.
How many Muslims have you had coming to your door trying to convert you?

so why is islam the fastest growing religion in the USA?

same reason that people love penny stocks.

seeing almalgamated gold underwater mining go from .02 to .08 is only a jump of 6 cents but it is a HUGE percentage gain. Merck is more boring, but a better bet in the long run.

The assemblies of god denomination added more converts than the entire muslim population last year. percentage gains look phenonemal, but statistics can be misleading.

indians say that india is "greening" because muslims have lots of kids.

islam has never "grown" as a result of individual conversions to any extent. they have babies and pull political levers if they can take political or military power. on a large scale (exceptions prove the rule, don't they?) almost all "conversions" to islam have been for political or financial gain within political entities which have changed to muslim from ?????. witness many of the northern states in india today.

Muslims in Asia (1996) 1,022,692,000 (30%)
Muslims in Africa (1996) 426,282,000 (59%)
Total Number of Muslims on the Earth (1996) 1,482,596,925
Total Number of People on the Earth (1996) 5,771,939,007

Percentage Wise

Percentage of Muslims (1996) 26%
Islam annual growth rate (1994-1995) from U.N. 6.40%
Christianity growth rate (1994-1995) from U.N. 1.46%

Total Number of Muslims on the Earth (1998) 1,678,442,000
Expected Number of Muslims on the Earth (2000) 1,902,095,000

The growth of Islam

North America (1989-1998) 25%
Africa 2.15%
Asia 12.57%
Europe 142.35%
Latin America -4.73%
Australia 257.01%

Among every four humans in the world, one of them is Muslim. Muslims have increased by over 235 percent in the last fifty years up to nearly 1.6 billion. By comparison, Christians have increased by only 47 percent, Hinduism, 117 percent, and Buddhism by 63 percent. Islam is the second largest religious group in France, Great Britain and USA (Muslims in USA are 10 millions and Jews are 6 millions).

The number of the total population has been taken from The CIA World's Facts Book

"Five to 6 million strong, Muslims in America already outnumber Presbyterians, Episcopalians, and Mormons,
and they are more numerous than Quakers, Unitarians, Seventh-day Adventists, Mennonites, Jehovah's
Witnesses, and Christian Scientists, combined. Many demographers say Islam has overtaken Judaism as the
country's second-most commonly practiced religion; others say it is in the passing lane." JOHAN BLANK,
USNEWS (7/20/98)

"In fact, religion experts say Islam is the second-largest religion in the United States... Islam has 5 million to 6
million members, followed by Judaism, with approximately 4.5 million..... And Islam is believed to be
fastest-growing religion in the country, with half its expansion coming from new immigrants and the other half
from conversions." By ELSA C. ARNETT
Knight-Ridder News Service

So this article is claiming that we are ALL American-Muslim?? ok, so I know it's about Muslims, but, without disrepect to anyone, I am happy myself being Chistian - I may not go to Church, but I believe in God.

Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today announced it will launch a year-long "Islam in America" advertising campaign designed to foster greater understanding of Islam and to counter what the group says is a rising tide of anti-Muslim rhetoric in the United States.

The campaign will kick off with an ad, headlined "We're All Americans," in the New York Times editorial page on Sunday, February 16th. That ad features images of an African-American girl, an Asian man and another man of European heritage, and asks the question: "Which one of us is a Muslim?" The response: "We all are...we're American Muslims."

CAIR's weekly ads, each explaining one aspect of Islam, will be distributed to Muslim communities around American for placement in local newspapers. As each ad is published in the New York Times, it will be available on a web site, www.americanmuslims.info, specifically designed to promote the campaign.

"Without accurate and balanced information about mainstream Islam and Muslims, ordinary Americans are vulnerable to the purveyors of hate, in this country and around the world, who seek a perpetual religious and civilizational conflict," said CAIR Board Chairman Omar Ahmad.

I dont understand!! who in the world said you have to be anything but what you want to be?
I dont think any posts here have tryed to convert anyone \ From Muslim to Christian
or from Christian to Muslim
Have they?

All I have ever tryed to do in these posts is foster tollerence for all religions
I really dont give a damn what someone else beleaves thats between them and their maker

Dawoud, it's not your posts, your posts are real and I find them interesting, but I do find others not right! you can't force someone to be something they aren't, nor can anyone claim their religion is better than anybody elses. I have nothing against any religion, except when people feed the "we are better" deal! no one is better, no religion is better, that's all!

Sorry but this is a myth, the fastest growing myth just picked up speed. that is all. d.:ali:

The stats don't lie, Islam really is the fastest growing major religion in the world.
However, Christianity is the largest, with 1 in 3 people worldwide claiming to believe in and/or practice Christianity. Islam currently claims about 1 in 6 people worldwide, if I remember correctly.

Senior General Says Muslims Worship 'Idol'
!

By Will Dunham

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld declined on Thursday to criticize a senior Pentagon (news - web sites) intelligence official who has told Christian gatherings that Muslims worship an "idol" and not "a real God," and instead praised the general's "outstanding" military record.
Army Lt. Gen. William Boykin, deputy undersecretary of defense for intelligence and war-fighting support, has used speeches at churches and prayer breakfasts to portray the U.S. battle with Islamic radicals as a fight with "Satan," saying they sought to destroy America "because we're a Christian nation."

NBC News broadcast videotapes of Boykin, an evangelical Christian, giving a number of speeches while wearing his military uniform at Christian functions around the country.

In one speech, Boykin recalled a Muslim fighter in Somalia who said U.S. forces would never get him because Allah would give him protection. "Well, you know what I knew, that my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God, and his was an idol," Boykin told his audience.

At a Pentagon briefing, Rumsfeld declined to answer when asked whether it was appropriate or advisable for a high-ranking Pentagon official to make such remarks in public, and did not say whether he would investigate.

"We do know that he is an officer that has an outstanding record in the United States armed forces," Rumsfeld said.

"There are a lot of things that are said by people in the military, or civilian life, or in the Congress, or in the executive branch, that are their views. And that's the way we live. We're a free people," Rumsfeld said.

"Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) could do it pretty well, because he'd go around killing people if they said things he didn't like."

"The only thing I would say is there is a very wide gray area on what the rules permit," said Gen. Richard Myers, chairman of the U.S. military's Joint Chiefs of Staff.

'THE ENEMY IS A GUY CALLED SATAN'

"At first blush, it doesn't look like any rules were broken," Myers added.

Rumsfeld said he had not seen the videotapes and "I simply can't comment on what he said" in part because he did not know "the full context" of Boykin's remarks.

In another speech, Boykin said God selected George W. Bush as president.

"Why is this man in the White House? The majority of Americans did not vote for him. Why is he there? And I tell you this morning that he's in the White House because God put him there for a time such as this."

Describing America's fight with Islamic extremists, Boykin also said, "The enemy is a spiritual enemy. He's called the principality of darkness. The enemy is a guy called Satan."

Myers said that if a member of the military was speaking "in a private capacity, it's probably appropriate not to wear a uniform, but there are always exceptions to that." Myers noted that he has spoken at a prayer breakfast in uniform.

Rumsfeld also reminded reporters that Bush has said "the war on terrorism is not a war against a religion."

The Council on American-Islamic Relations, a Washington-based civil rights group, called Boykin's comments "bigoted," and demanded the Pentagon reassign him.

"Putting a man with such extremist views in a critical policy-making position sends entirely the wrong message to a Muslim world that is already skeptical about America's motives and intentions," said Nihad Awad, the group's executive director.

Boykin has a long military record and has been involved in noteworthy covert operations in the past.

Boykin took part in the failed mission by the Army's elite Delta Force to rescue American hostages in Iran in 1980, searched for Colombian drug kingpin Pablo Escobar in 1992, commanded the 1993 raid in Somalia in which U.S. troops were ambushed in Mogadishu and commanded Army Special Forces.

Originally posted by Dawoud
Senior General Says Muslims Worship 'Idol'
Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld declined on Thursday to criticize a senior Pentagon intelligence official who has told Christian gatherings that Muslims worship an "idol" and not "a real God," and instead praised the general's "outstanding" military record.
Army Lt. Gen. William Boykin, deputy undersecretary of defense for intelligence and war-fighting support, has used speeches at churches and prayer breakfasts to portray the U.S. battle with Islamic radicals as a fight with "Satan," saying they sought to destroy America "because we're a Christian nation."

HAHAHAHAHAHA! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1)In the eye of Islam ; all people are equal (regardless race,creed, religion, culture , color etc)
2) preaches dicipline and manners
3) preaches humanity and Love
4) Protect the suppressed from the oppressor...

BTW
[ I am a Muslim and I HATE TALIBANS like millions of other in the world because they are a black spot on the name of Islam.They kill innocent on the name of Islam ]

welcome to this post aqeelabbas I agree with you 100%
you will find people here who are genuinely interested in hearing about the non-violent kind of Islam practiced by the vast majority of Muslims but overshadowed by the People like Ossama Ben Laudin and the Talaban.

Also you will find small minded bigots

try to just ignore their prejudges

Forum List

Back