November

Show where 76% of cons and mods are tea party.

That's not what I said. Read for Comprehension...oops, you can't.

76% of the country does not self-identify as Liberals (actually more if you count the 4% who don't self-identify at all).

The Tea Partiers are certainly not attracting many of the 20% who are Liberals, meaning that movement is drawing largely from Moderates and Conservatives. Participation is growing - that scares the Left. If this were a fringe movement, it wouldn't receive so much negative attention from the leftwing media.

I harbor no illusion that you will comprehend any of this.

The tea partiers don't attract liberals (or many Dems in general) because of their tactics. There are better ways to accomplish their goals than to denigrate anyone who doesn't completely agree with everything they believe in (which is usually expressed LOUDLY and demeaning). When any group paints another as evil, they're gonna get a push back.

Whoever "pushes back" better not bring a knife to a gunfight.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

********I got to use a Wyomingism!!!*******

Have you been to a tea party event?

I've been to several. I haven't seen any hatred - just the concerns of a great deal of people who love America and oppose the policies our elected representatives are trying to force upon us.

I agree they have quieted down considerably from last summer, and the recent convention held in Nashville where rules were set down that there was to be no verbal attacks. I think whoever runs the Tea Party Movement (do we know?) finally realized that they were digging their own grave by such behavior.

I've been to several. I haven't seen any hatred - just the concerns of a great deal of people who love America and oppose the policies our elected representatives are trying to force upon us.

I agree they have quieted down considerably from last summer, and the recent convention held in Nashville where rules were set down that there was to be no verbal attacks. I think whoever runs the Tea Party Movement (do we know?) finally realized that they were digging their own grave by such behavior.

Meh...A. There is no body to bury (it is a movement, and doesn't support a party)

B. Dems and Repubs cannot understand a "movement" that doesn't have anyone to twist arms: "Running" a movement is an oxymoron.

You don't get it - the movement consists of thousands of local groups. Their is a loose national affiliation to share information and coordinate larger events, but it is not a top down organization.

Yeah. We can't have them acting like La Raza, ACORN, SEIU, the Weather Underground, Communists, Anarchists, basically 60s radicals like the folks that occupy the White House as we speak. They shouldn't be showing any emotion, breaking windows, burning, beating people....all of the things the left seems the do whenever they gather. Like Whoopie Goldberg taking about Bush like he's a part of human anatomy. Calling Sarah Palin a ****. Can't have that. Can't have them doing stuff like calling Clarance Thomas an Uncle Tom, calling Condi Rice an Oreo. Can't be doing that.

Last edited:

You don't get it - the movement consists of thousands of local groups. Their is a loose national affiliation to share information and coordinate larger events, but it is not a top down organization.

But isn't that the goal? It's my understanding that the Tea Partiers don't identify with the GOP, so wouldn't that mean they'd like to have a new party? One with solid influence (and organization and funding)?? Frankly, I think it should be its own party. The GOP I grew up with no longer exists--and I'm talking about the kinder, gentler one that included those who were fiscally conservative but socially liberal. You know, back when important stuff happened and the two parties didn't sit around on their asses trying to one-up the other when they weren't on the phone or texting to beg for or thank someone for campaign donations.

Yeah. We can't have them acting like La Raza, ACORN, SEIU, the Weather Underground, Communists, Anarchists, basically 60s radicals like the folks that occupy the White House as we speak. They shouldn't be showing any emotion, breaking windows, burning, beating people....all of the things the left seems the do whenever they gather. Like Whoopie Goldberg taking about Bush like he's a part of human anatomy. Calling Sarah Palin a ****. Can't have that. Can't have them doing stuff like calling Clarance Thomas an Uncle Tom, calling Condi Rice an Oreo. Can't be doing that.

Tit for tat. It's the way of politics now. I see you carefully omitted skinhead groups, and of course all the years of constant bashing by the right of both the Clintons, especially the heyday after Clinton got caught with his pants down. Then there's Al Gore, who really didn't 'do' a goddamned thing except be seen by the company he kept (Clinton's veep), and write a best selling novel. But to listen to the constant carping over Gore, one would think he had committed every sin in the book and should be in jail.

So...you're right. It works both ways, my friend. Anytime you want to further discuss a decade of mudslinging, just keep going. Your people sure as shit aren't so innocent.

Tit for tat. It's the way of politics now. I see you carefully omitted skinhead groups, and of course all the years of constant bashing by the right of both the Clintons, especially the heyday after Clinton got caught with his pants down. Then there's Al Gore, who really didn't 'do' a goddamned thing except be seen by the company he kept (Clinton's veep), and write a best selling novel. But to listen to the constant carping over Gore, one would think he had committed every sin in the book and should be in jail.

So...you're right. It works both ways, my friend. Anytime you want to further discuss a decade of mudslinging, just keep going. Your people sure as shit aren't so innocent.

The skin-heads aren't running this country and don't represent millions of voters like the Tea-party does. They aren't exactly a large voting block.

Clinton had the support of the media and any bashing was his own fault.

Poor Al Gore has turned himself into a billionaire by exaggerating Global Warming. He's doing pretty fucken good. So forgive me if I don't shed a tear for his ass.

The point being I'm sure you can find examples from both sides of somebody that got out of line...but then again on my side they aren't allowed to work in Congress and pass bills that will end up destroying the economy....but on your side they are and will.

But isn't that the goal? It's my understanding that the Tea Partiers don't identify with the GOP, so wouldn't that mean they'd like to have a new party? One with solid influence (and organization and funding)?? Frankly, I think it should be its own party. The GOP I grew up with no longer exists--and I'm talking about the kinder, gentler one that included those who were fiscally conservative but socially liberal. You know, back when important stuff happened and the two parties didn't sit around on their asses trying to one-up the other when they weren't on the phone or texting to beg for or thank someone for campaign donations.

No - that's not the goal. The goal is to spread fiscal conservative values and influence elections from the local to the national level. There may be some people who would like to set up a third party - but from what I see, the real goal is to hold everyone in government accountable.

They work for us.

November will be here in 226 days, but who's counting? :lol:
36 senate seats, and the entire House is up for Re-election.
I predict a massive landslide for the GOP.

November can't come quickly enough for me. The fact that some are even on the fence about this bill tells me all I need to know about their competence to uphold the Constitution and the will of The People.

Flipping back and forth between the same two parties isn't going to change anything in the long run.

this is what is driving the Tea Party. I hear the guy campaigning against Crist in Florida, a Tea Party guy, just took the lead in pollling. This is for the Republican nomination only, but it is revealing.

Our government is a corrupt coalition of thieves and swindlers. They are from both parties and they just keep coming. Once again, a Tea Party may create a great country.

Lord knows the other two parties are just dragging us into a cess pool of deception and corruption.

Now you know how we all felt while Bush lied us into war,spied on the American people, distroyed the economy and cheated on elections to win.

What is you are all man about?

Oh yeah a bill to keep people alive.

You're right, when my parents die, the government is perfectly entitled to 60% of my inheritance, without my permission, to help pay for this monstrosity......

Dude , you are fucking one lucky guy.

You do realize that a person can pass on a couple of million before they have to pay taxes on it right?
How many millions do they have to have to leave you only 40%?

Thank you for stepping up as tax consultant. You're wrong, but thank you anyway. If the estate is is 100% liquid, you are right. If any part of it is property or investment, than the liquification of those instruments is subject to the same taxes that the deceased would have paid if it was made liquid during their life.

Those taxes are added to your income as if they were regular income taxes and you are liable for them at the time you pay taxes. Does that amount to 60%? If it's a whole butt load, maybe, but it has to be pretty significant.

Set up your will so that you have allocated a sufficient portion to cover the taxes that will accrue to the heirs.

Forum List

Back