November 18, 2017

In your OP, your differentiated two types of gun users. I'm a gun user but don't fit in either category and so I wondered about the remark. I politely asked what you meant. Now I wonder why you are being so evasive. Louis Armstrong would probably wonder too.
`
Hey, deal with it. Like I said, you wouldn't understand. I'm telling you this politely.

In your OP, your differentiated two types of gun users. I'm a gun user but don't fit in either category and so I wondered about the remark. I politely asked what you meant. Now I wonder why you are being so evasive. Louis Armstrong would probably wonder too.
`
Hey, deal with it. Like I said, you wouldn't understand. I'm telling you this politely.
Don't sweat it. You will waste no more of my time.

`
The first thing you notice that is different is that hunters tend to be quieter and try not to leave evidence of their existance because they do not want to scare off their prey. People who are just target practicing do not care about such things. There are a lot of other differences that unless you know both types of people, you would not understand. Hunters also know things that otheres do not like what their prey eats and where to find it. Things like that!

I'm not a fan of hunting, but I can think of one good thing to say... at least there's less hypocrisy there. Most people claim to love animals and say that they could never harm them, yet pay someone else to imprison them and then slit their throat.

The first thing you notice that is different is that hunters tend to be quieter and try not to leave evidence of their existance because they do not want to scare off their prey. People who are just target practicing do not care about such things. There are a lot of other differences that unless you know both types of people, you would not understand. Hunters also know things that otheres do not like what their prey eats and where to find it. Things like that!
`
`

Hunter hunt. It's not the gun that matters, it's the skill. I mean right now, there are guys in their own "stands", a few permanent, most temporary. The weather sucks. Still, they know their prey. Some guys are trophy hunters, looking for big racks. Some, like me, hunt for the meat. Others consider hunting a "rite of passage." If you ask me, many just like getting out of the house for a weekend, with the guys. I try not to mingle with my guests but invariably, it happens. I will say for all the years I've been around drunk men during hunting season, outside a pat on the ass (which is acceptable to me under the circumstances) Ive never been accosted, threatened or molested.

No, I can't fully describe my rationale, It's more of a gut feeling.

Last edited:
`
That makes sense. Thank you for the simple courtesy of answering my question.

Forum List

Back